Next Manager

14 minutes ago, S2RDS said:

As long as he isnt like other English cunts who come up here and think it will be a breeze or a laugh. I dont know much about Challinor, but his name is being floated about. Wouldn't be the worst and if it puts to bed names like Lennon then im all for it. 

@Ke1t will come in his Stars n stripes underpants when he reads this. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dad said:

Big Dave's managerial record by team and tenure:

Colwyn Bay (P W D L Win %):

28 May 2010 2 November 2011

66 34 12 20 51.5%

AFC Fylde (P W D L Win %):

2 November 2011-12 October 2019

415 226 93 96 54.5%

Hartlepool United (P W D L Win %):

11 November 2019-1 November 2021

90 41 24 25 45.6%

Stockport County (P W D L Win %):

2 November 2021-Present

138 75 31 32 54.3%

Total (P W D L Win %):

709 376 160 173 53.0%

Off the page ^

think the P&J reporter has been having a look on here for a story. 👍

25 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

think the P&J reporter has been having a look on here for a story. 👍

Journalism in this country is a piece of piss.

You can regurgitate quotes from a club TV interview for days.  
Just re-hash it & re-arrange the quotes.

Or lift stuff off Twitter etc

There is very little research or journalistic work goes on.

6 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

I’m not sure Wilder would have been the guy to turn things around. 

With all the pay offs he's received in recent years (and looking like another might be coming soon) he could probably buyout Cormack and appoint himself as manager.

22 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

“Challinor favours as 3-5-2 formation and has been happy to share his philosophy in interviews this season.”

please no.

Porto spanked Benfica 5-0 at the weekend playing a good old fashioned 4-4-2.

47 minutes ago, Millerdon said:

Wilder doing a worse job than Warnock!

It’s incredible how badly he’s doing! Him and Warnock seem to be trying to out do each other! 

frightening to think that those who identified Warnock & Wilder as top targets are in charge of selecting our next next manager.

3 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

It’s incredible how badly he’s doing! Him and Warnock seem to be trying to out do each other! 

frightening to think that those who identified Warnock & Wilder as top targets are in charge of selecting our next next manager.

Yes, because Wilder failing in the EPL automatically means he'd have failed here.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yes, because Wilder failing in the EPL automatically means he'd have failed here.

‘Failing’ would be a euphemism for what is currently going on at Sheffield United. 

From what I can see on the pitch, there are some remarkable parallels between Sheffield United and Aberdeen at the moment. Players look lost and lack fight or heart. Doesn’t matter the level, you need to be able implement these fundamentals as a minimum. 

7 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Ooh lets get Wilder in cos hes worked in the prem and i love the prem. Wilder can GTF. Id rather have Yogi 

Yeah because that was my reasoning for wanting him a year ago, crikey!

5 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

‘Failing’ would be a euphemism for what is currently going on at Sheffield United. 

From what I can see on the pitch, there are some remarkable parallels between Sheffield United and Aberdeen at the moment. Players look lost and lack fight or heart. Doesn’t matter the level, you need to be able implement these fundamentals as a minimum. 

We were trying to get him a year ago, who fucking knows how it would have panned out had we got him.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yeah because that was my reasoning for wanting him a year ago, crikey!

We were trying to get him a year ago, who fucking knows how it would have panned out had we got him.

I thought Wilder would have been a great appointment… I also thought the Warnock experiment would have yielded results. Thankfully I’m not paid to find managers for AFC. The big worry is, it sounds like Burrows is behind a lot of this… and if you track his record back to Motherwell, it makes for really concerning reading.  

1 minute ago, Sonoftherock said:

I thought Wilder would have been a great appointment… I also thought the Warnock experiment would have yielded results. Thankfully I’m not paid to find managers for AFC. The big worry is, it sounds like Burrows is behind a lot of this… and if you track his record back to Motherwell, it makes for really concerning reading.  

It probably highlights how fucking shambolic everything at the club is, you've got people STILL pining for McInnes, you've got Jack Ross and Lennon as SERIOUS suggestions, give me Warnock or Wilder any day of the week over that rabble.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Burrows was largely responsible for the appointments of Graham Alexander & Stevie Hammell 

Both horrendous.

I do not trust anyone in a position of “power” at Pittodrie to get it right. 

The current regime have got it wrong with 3 failures in 3 years.

Zero evidence to suggest they’ll get it right this time. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Burrows was largely responsible for the appointments of Graham Alexander & Stevie Hammell 

Both horrendous.

I do not trust anyone in a position of “power” at Pittodrie to get it right. 

The current regime have got it wrong with 3 failures in 3 years.

Zero evidence to suggest they’ll get it right this time. 

Love the positivity.

I think its pointing to a foreigner.

Despite Wilder's troubles at Sheff Utd I'd still give him a call at the end of the season when he'll almost certainly be out of work. Maybe now we'll look like a good job to have. Warnock I didn't see working and all the "it'll be a good laugh" comments just seemed bizarre to me. We're certainly entertaining a lot of fans who are having a right good giggle it's just that none of them are us. The argument of it was him or Lennon or Ross only means the problem lies with the person compiling the list.

• Upvote 1