Next Manager

21 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Only way we would have a remote chance of ever finishing 1st is if we string a few seasons of 3rd together. Group stage football and a trophy or 2 in the cabinet and we can build the team up. Try and be the Atletico who capitalise on bigger spenders having a poorer season. 

we are miles and miles and absolute miles off being the 3rd best team unfortunately. But that needs to be our short term goal. 

With our budget that’s where we should be really. Coasting 3rd. 

McInnes revisionists can stop reading here.

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You're right

But the "expectations " are outwith reality

That's the problem, ridiculous expectations

Not finishing no lower than 4th and 2nd more than 4th

Not what I'm getting that, when the budget went up expectations rightly went up, our recruitment and performances seemed to get worse.

I would also argue that they weren't unrealistic expectations, if people wanting to see us have more of a go at the big two and some wanting to see us actually progress in Europe is too much for a manager with the largest budget in the clubs history to that point, whilst raking in a fortune himself on wage, then maybe this wasn't the club for him?

1 minute ago, JumboJET said:

With the same resources and backing - there is no doubt Bobo Robson is a better manager than Del McInnes. Indisputable FACT.

Bobo was let down by Cormack, Gunner, and Burrers. 

Bobo should just stick to ginsters, straw eating country bumpkin farce, should have been sacked for the pitiful attempt at the cup final, Huns were there to be got at, he shat it, 

taste the effort.

3 hours ago, minijc said:

Yeah the manager who has made a name for himself doing exactly that at various club isn't going to try do it here, genius thinking. 

Relegation fodder...which is what we've become. As the kids say "show us yer receipts" He's turfing everyone under the bus other than his own baffling line ups. 

Genius....aye. 

3 hours ago, slippers said:

You say that but atleast he as a bit of pedigree all be it at a lower level. Far more inspiring than the previous 3 clowns we have appointed. That said I’d rather we went foreign. If we are going to take 3-4 months to appoint a manager you would hope a few Interesting and exciting candidates are being sounded out. That said how do you persuade them given are circumstances. If we go through all this and we appoint a Robinson or Lennon we riot. 

Honestly agree on all but the Challinor thing. He's not inspiring me but let's see what comes down the line. 

8 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Relegation fodder...which is what we've become. As the kids say "show us yer receipts" He's turfing everyone under the bus other than his own baffling line ups. 

Genius....aye. 

Baffling line ups?  Motherwell, aye, Killie maybe, the rest is just the shite he has to pick from that was put together by the idiots at the club, he's also battling injuries which isn't ideal when the squad isn't very good as it is.

22 minutes ago, JumboJET said:

With the same resources and backing - there is no doubt Bobo Robson is a better manager than Del McInnes. Indisputable FACT.

Bobo was let down by Cormack, Gunner, and Burrers. 

Don't like the use of 'Burrers'.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Baffling line ups?  Motherwell, aye, Killie maybe, the rest is just the shite he has to pick from that was put together b y the idiots at the club, he's also battling injuries which isn't ideal when the squad isn't very good as it is.

His 'quality' is man management. And he's shown none of it. Ma original point was he's not here long term,and getting Cardiff,Huddersfield and alike out of trouble hardly equates to bursting a gut for a club he knows he's leaving. Nae danger,he wanted that Huddersfield gig long term....his club. They chose to move on without him. That's on them. So to compare the situation is folly. We've become more disjointed. That's on him. 

Clarke took a bunch of no hopers at killie and galvanised. Warnock is dissecting any teamwork that was in there. Killie was his club...

55 minutes ago, Donstar83 said:

At what point are folk going to stop wanting McInnes to come back? Fucking hell, the chat is as boring as his last few months of fitba. 

Maybe when a manager appointed is actually capable of delivering a successful period of stability like he did? 

It's been a shitshow since he left. Even last year 3rd still included the aggregate 11-0 to the Edinburgh sides with Darvel inbetween. Its just been pish. 

Ps I don't actually want McInnes back but after each failed appointment on repeat, you've got to wonder.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

His 'quality' is man management. And he's shown none of it. Ma original point was he's not here long term,and getting Cardiff,Huddersfield and alike out of trouble hardly equates to bursting a gut for a club he knows he's leaving. Nae danger,he wanted that Huddersfield gig long term....his club. They chose to move on without him. That's on them. So to compare the situation is folly. We've become more disjointed. That's on him. 

Clarke took a bunch of no hopers at killie and galvanised. Warnock is dissecting any teamwork that was in there. Killie was his club...

It isn't all on him, some of the players have made things worse and are clearly not willing to pull for the manager, chances are they do that to whoever got the job, that's the mentality of these cunts but fortunately they've shown themselves up and they'll hopefully be moved on in the summer.

11 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Nope, hes a Sheffield United fan.. they are his club.

You made this up.

6 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Nope, hes a Sheffield United fan.. they are his club.

You made this 

Aye I know. Ma original point was his feeling for Huddersfield and the romance of going back and saving them,doesn't equate to the position we were in or his feeling to us. From "ma kinda team"...to "Not ma kinda team". Huddersfield is a team he has supported to some degree,they are his team. He ain't moving up here,never was. It's been a waste of money(more of it). 

Ma point was good management can galvanise a bad side,to some extent. He was renowned for this. But is doing the opposite here. Clarke did it,others have. But he ain't winning any support from players. And aye I agree they're awful,but throwing under bus like Goodwin does fuck all. 

17 minutes ago, minijc said:

It isn't all on him, some of the players have made things worse and are clearly not willing to pull for the manager, chances are they do that to whoever got the job, that's the mentality of these cunts but fortunately they've shown themselves up and they'll hopefully be moved on in the summer.

Aye I agree with that. I was pointing only that I don't feel ye can compare the jobs. We aren't Huddersfield or Cardiff and we weren't in any immediate danger. But fuck me has that changed. And he gave a fuck at Huddersfield certainly. There is a feeling there. 

Agree mentally,as it was always seems to be the case with us...is shocking. 

Another turgid turnover abounds. Fucking hell. 

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Did Hibs not get an injection of money also

Exactly.

The bloke from Bournemouth is ploughing money in.

By all accounts they’ll have the 3rd biggest budget. 

We’ve no divine right to 3rd. 

We should though be a shoe in for anywhere from 3rd to 5th as Hibs/Dons/Aberdeen will have much bigger budgets then the likes of Killie & St Mirren.

Bottom 6 is unacceptable. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Aye I agree with that. I was pointing only that I don't feel ye can compare the jobs. We aren't Huddersfield or Cardiff and we weren't in any immediate danger. But fuck me has that changed. And he gave a fuck at Huddersfield certainly. There is a feeling there. 

Agree mentally,as it was always seems to be the case with us...is shocking. 

Another turgid turnover abounds. Fucking hell. 

I think it's fair to compare the situations, failing sides needing a boost, you can be the best man manager in the world but if the players don't buy in to it and don't bother their arses, what chance have you got?

So many people are acting like he came in on day one and slaughtered them, he didn't, it was the Killie game where he rightly had dug them all out, up to that point he had nothing but praise for them.  The previous manager made a point of making excuses every week, even when we won ffs, of course these arseholes won't like it when a very experienced guy tells them a few home truths

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Maybe when a manager appointed is actually capable of delivering a successful period of stability like he did? 

It's been a shitshow since he left. Even last year 3rd still included the aggregate 11-0 to the Edinburgh sides with Darvel inbetween. Its just been pish. 

Ps I don't actually want McInnes back but after each failed appointment on repeat, you've got to wonder.

Spot on DD.

Let's see what Cormack's next appointment is.

I don't hold out much confidence but you never know, he may have eventually learned from his mistakes. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Aye I know. Ma original point was his feeling for Huddersfield and the romance of going back and saving them,doesn't equate to the position we were in or his feeling to us. From "ma kinda team"...to "Not ma kinda team". Huddersfield is a team he has supported to some degree,they are his team. He ain't moving up here,never was. It's been a waste of money(more of it). 

Ma point was good management can galvanise a bad side,to some extent. He was renowned for this. But is doing the opposite here. Clarke did it,others have. But he ain't winning any support from players. And aye I agree they're awful,but throwing under bus like Goodwin does fuck all. 

I think the "not my kind of team" was aimed at the mentality of the players more than anything else. 

He's also said that we are his kind of club and Pittodrie is his kind of stadium so I think we maybe over analyse what he says in public. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, minijc said:

Who’s not pulling for the manager ?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, minijc said:

Not what I'm getting that, when the budget went up expectations rightly went up, our recruitment and performances seemed to get worse.

I would also argue that they weren't unrealistic expectations, if people wanting to see us have more of a go at the big two and some wanting to see us actually progress in Europe is too much for a manager with the largest budget in the clubs history to that point, whilst raking in a fortune himself on wage, then maybe this wasn't the club for him?

Lol

3 hours ago, Donstar83 said:

At what point are folk going to stop wanting McInnes to come back? Fucking hell, the chat is as boring as his last few months of fitba. 

Probably cos we have taken 2 points from 18 and are now 10th after taking in 4 different managers none of whom have been as good.The chat will stop when Cormack proves he can work with a decent manager and said manager stays for more than 12 months.