Next Manager

12 minutes ago, minijc said:

You never go back Ernie, one of the main reasons Deeker is doing well at Killie is because there are no expectations, the second there were proper expectations here he went downhill.

It's alright having fans wanting him back, people in and around the club though is an issue imo.

Nah mini I think it was to do with Cormack coming in.And 4 managers later here we are..

9 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I don't this he fits the profile the club wants now, could be wrong, lots of rumours of what the profile is, but Wilder is not an Attacking Progressive manager. 

Looking for an attacking, progressive manager is so fucking stupid imo, attacking football is subjective, McInnes wasn't exactly an attack minded manager yet the first 3 season he was here it was probably some of the best attacking football most of us had seen, it comes down to the quality of player you have, fucking stupid trying to play attacking football when you've got a shit defence.

2 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Nah mini I think it was to do with Cormack coming in.And 4 managers later here we are..

Oh yeah Derek is free from criticism, no way he could fail because of his own methods, take it Cormack was involved down at Bristol too?

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, McPhee123 said:

I'm getting more and more nervous that it's going to be Chris Wilder. After all, he seems to join relegation fodder clubs which is what we're becoming.

No one in their right mind would give the job to Wilder. His last two jobs have been a disaster. 

2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Watched a lot of his teams?

he’s hardly going to set up a shite out of their depth Sheffield United team to attack the likes of Arsenal, spurs, city. 

he’s not coming here anyway so fa cares 

Exactly.

I think it will be a left field name that's never been mentioned on here. 

Well I've watched alot of football over the years, he's 3-5-2 system was interesting 10+ years ago, but he's in the Warnock category, would be decent to lay the foundations for a younger man, bit like Brown did for Derek McInnes

Inter Milan are and Spanish football are what I'm watching alot of currently.

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Looking for an attacking, progressive manager is so fucking stupid imo, attacking football is subjective, McInnes wasn't exactly an attack minded manager yet the first 3 season he was here it was probably some of the best attacking football most of us had seen, it comes down to the quality of player you have, fucking stupid trying to play attacking football when you've got a shit defence.

Just rumours as I said the other day. 👍

Think I've said the other day on here, once you get a settled defence you can build from there, unfortunately we haven't had a settled one of those for a long time, you could say Scales MacDonald and Pollock were but that was short term, I'm meaning 2- 3 seasons for the same 4-5 players playing together, makes a huge difference.

6 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Exactly.

I think it will be a left field name that's never been mentioned on here. 

Well I've watched alot of football over the years, he's 3-5-2 system was interesting 10+ years ago, but he's in the Warnock category, would be decent to lay the foundations for a younger man, bit like Brown did for Derek McInnes

Inter Milan are and Spanish football are what I'm watching alot of currently.

I’m just trying to sound like I know stuff. True story is I’ve probably watched about 2 games managed my wilder in my entire life. 

I hope I pulled it off 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, minijc said:

Oh yeah Derek is free from criticism, no way he could fail because of his own methods, take it Cormack was involved down at Bristol too?

Who says Mcinnes is free from criticism?And 5 managers under Cormack tells its own story.Incidentally how many times have Wilder and Warnock been sacked?

1 minute ago, Dandys1983 said:

Think I've said the other day on here, once you get a settled defence you can build from there, unfortunately we haven't had a settled one of those for a long time, you could say Scales MacDonald and Pollock were but that was short term, I'm meaning 2- 3 seasons for the same 4-5 players playing together, makes a huge difference.

I'm doubting you, just saying that the idea that a coach must be attacking is fucking stupid, that's how you end up with idiots like Lee Johnson in charge of your club.

• Haha 1
Just now, minijc said:

I'm doubting you, just saying that the idea that a coach must be attacking is fucking stupid, that's how you end up with idiots like Lee Johnson in charge of your club.

Hmmm looks for the Scandinavian equivalent of Lee Johnson 😳🤣

13 minutes ago, minijc said:

The “attacking” football under Glass which featured 75% of the ball and about 2 off target shots is certainly not something I am longing for. 

as long as it isn’t mind numbing most weeks and we win more than we lose / draw then I think the next manager will be doing ok. With our budget it shouldn’t be a big ask. 

especially in the championship against Greenock morton

Just now, ERNIE said:

Who says Mcinnes is free from criticism?And 5 managers under Cormack tells its own story.Incidentally how many times have Wilder and Warnock been sacked?

What does it fucking matter Ernie, I don't want Wilder now, i just felt that a year ago he was a much better option than the failing youth coach we gave the job to.

But but that failing youth coach got us 3rd and Europe, yes I know Ernie, I've wrote that to save you the bother, it was a dreadful appointment and one that has caused a lot of fucking problems because he was out of his depths.

Just now, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

The “attacking” football under Glass which featured 75% of the ball and about 2 off target shots is certainly not something I am longing for. 

as long as it isn’t mind numbing most weeks and we win more than we lose / draw then I think the next manager will be doing ok. With our budget it shouldn’t be a big ask. 

especially in the championship against Greenock morton

Always laugh when folk say this, we created a lot more chances under Glass than we did under Goodwin and Robson, we also gave up less chances but somehow always ended up conceding.

Glass was shite, he was also thrown under the bus with recruitment, the club can't go on making the same fucking mistakes or they will, at some point get relegated.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Always laugh when folk say this, we created a lot more chances under Glass than we did under Goodwin and Robson, we also gave up less chances but somehow always ended up conceding.

Glass was shite, he was also thrown under the bus with recruitment, the club can't go on making the same fucking mistakes or they will, at some point get relegated.

I think we are past debating the merits or failings of Mcinnes Glass Goodwin Robson and now Warnock. There is one common thread through all this...

13 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

And add a peak Lewis in behind said solid defence so that journeymen clubs with big solid bastard centre forwards give up lumping it into us from the halfway line because there's no longer any point. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, ERNIE said:

I think we are past debating the merits or failings of Mcinnes Glass Goodwin Robson and now Warnock. There is one common thread through all this...

Issue is there are alot of people inside AFC who don't like change and will go out their way to be awkward, and still to this day want Dave to fail, dunno who's going to take over though, as I don't know many multi millionaires.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Issue is there are alot of people inside AFC who don't like change and will go out their way to be awkward, and still to this day want Dave to fail, dunno who's going to take over though, as I don't know many multi millionaires.

Aye, you'd think there was a massive queue of folk waiting to takeover the club and throwing money at it, the way some of the folk on here go on.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

It was time for McInnes to go in 2020. 

Problem is obvious, since then we've just appointed wrong manger after wrong manager. 

Does anyone not believe he would get us back up and around third? And, if that's the aim, why not him? 

I'm at the point where IDC about philosophy or who's even in the dug out, just want the team to win games. 

In an objective sense, why are so many anti DMC? I was his biggest critic and a lot of it was deserved, but he'd certainly be an appointment that would almost guarantee you the targets we've failed to reach this season. 

BHH

• Upvote 2
Just now, CCB III said:

Problem is obvious, since then we've just appointed wrong manger after wrong manager. 

Does anyone not believe he would get us back up and around third? And, if that's the aim, why not him? 

I'm at the point where IDC about philosophy or who's even in the dug out, just want the team to win games. 

In an objective sense, why are so many anti DMC? I was his biggest critic and a lot of it was deserved, but he'd certainly be an appointment that would almost guarantee you the targets we've failed to reach this season. 

BHH

I think he will end up National team manager. 

22 minutes ago, minijc said:

Aye, you'd think there was a massive queue of folk waiting to takeover the club and throwing money at it, the way some of the folk on here go on.

Where has Cormacks money got us to?

• Dildo 1

Wilder...despite some embarrassing results,  surely will be given the chance to stabilise Sheffield in next season's Championship. When they took him on it was already a long odds bet that he'd somehow manage to keep them up so it would be pretty harsh of their board to punt him now.

I see this morning he's looking to play more youngsters as he says their experienced pro's are "broken". To me this says he has the board's support despite their now guaranteed (mathematically not yet so but everyone knows and accepts it's coming) relegation

9 minutes ago, CCB III said:

BHH

And right there you hit the vital question.  What's the aim?

"Around 3rd"  In itself a decent enough achievement now the Huns are back to full strength.  Nobody should expect 3rd by right so again I'll accept the premise that the third biggest budget would get you "around 3rd."

Three questions. 

1/  Do you make the most of coming 3rd with the European monies potentially available?

2/  Do you build a 20,00 seater 75m stadium on the premise of being "around 3rd?"

3/  Do you make the most of this new found competitiveness (relative to where we are, and were in 2008-11) by adding cups, especially when opportunities, that is to say arse cheek weaknesses for whatever reason, present themselves?  In brief do you get yourself noticed?  And do you use said "notice" to bring in talent to at least sustain us in a trading sense e.g. Miovski  

41 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

It must be great to be a multi millionaire chairman of a club, but you have to know how to run a club and find the right personnel to run it. 
Plus you need to stop looking in the mirror thinking your a Jurgen Klopp look alike when in reality your Davie Sparkling  Colgate Cormack fae Atlanta and Moray and really havnt a clue what your doing.

14 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Where has Cormacks money got us to?

I’ve you’ve got morons constantly throwing money at things without any idea what they’re doing, as in with the wrong people in charge/in key positions then it’s never going to work out well. It’s the fact he’s never grasped that. Would your rather he pulls out & we’ve got no cash? Maybe Milne would fancy another go. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

You never go back Ernie, one of the main reasons Deeker is doing well at Killie is because there are no expectations, the second there were proper expectations here he went downhill.

It's alright having fans wanting him back, people in and around the club though is an issue imo.

I agree.

Imo there are several factors in this one. Firstly, McInnes changed massively over the course of his term here. When he first came in, he was hungry, hard working and got everyone onside almost immediately with his enthusiasm, team ethic and motivation. That steadily grew over time, 2 or 3 years with some competitive football, attacking teams and general good feeling about the city. Certainly the 2014 cup win helped, escalating him to a place that he liked. 

However, the enthusiasm became arrogance over a period of time. The hierarchy at the time couldn't cope with it, his demands over wages, players budgets, overall control, spiraled out of control. His ego had him beyond managing. Bankrupt Stewarty couldn't control him, given he'd lifted the club from where it was to regular cup finals etc. Add in the Sunderland carry on, The Rangers fiasco, it all adds up to more money and a bigger opinion of oneself.

When software Dave took over it was evident that the 2 egos could never work together, and a messy split was inevitable. They don't like each other.

However, if Software Dave was to reign his neck in, and McInnes was the return to 2013-14 Derek, then we would have a match made in heaven. In my opinion.

That said, I don't think for a minute those 2 egos will manage to sort that one out round a table.

In terms of others in the club, I think a 2013/4/5/6/7/8 Derek McInnes would be welcomed back, if he had it in him to admit his mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, mainstandmoan said:

I agree.

Imo there are several factors in this one. Firstly, McInnes changed massively over the course of his term here. When he first came in, he was hungry, hard working and got everyone onside almost immediately with his enthusiasm, team ethic and motivation. That steadily grew over time, 2 or 3 years with some competitive football, attacking teams and general good feeling about the city. Certainly the 2014 cup win helped, escalating him to a place that he liked. 

However, the enthusiasm became arrogance over a period of time. The hierarchy at the time couldn't cope with it, his demands over wages, players budgets, overall control, spiraled out of control. His ego had him beyond managing. Bankrupt Stewarty couldn't control him, given he'd lifted the club from where it was to regular cup finals etc. Add in the Sunderland carry on, The Rangers fiasco, it all adds up to more money and a bigger opinion of oneself.

When software Dave took over it was evident that the 2 egos could never work together, and a messy split was inevitable. They don't like each other.

However, if Software Dave was to reign his neck in, and McInnes was the return to 2013-14 Derek, then we would have a match made in heaven. In my opinion.

That said, I don't think for a minute those 2 egos will manage to sort that one out round a table.

In terms of others in the club, I think a 2013/4/5/6/7/8 Derek McInnes would be welcomed back, if he had it in him to admit his mistakes.

Early candidate for POTY, TC min.👍