Next Manager

It's bound to be a somewhat left-field foreign appointment next, it's the only box left unticked by Cormack. 

He's had his project, then his [on the surface] up and coming Scottish Premiership manager, followed by his interim made permanent and big name/good laugh type appointment. 

Not opposed to that as a concept but pretty confident the reasoning and 'prawcess' for the next appointment will be as misplaced as all of his others. Can't see it being Lennon. 

2 hours ago, Donmacca said:

Starting to wonder if we're going to see some movement on the new manager. With Robinson being touted, Lennon claiming his interest and a rehashing of the Fotheringham story where he claims wants to challenge the ugly sisters with a top Scottish team. 

Fotheringham is ineligible for the job purely because of his accent. What an embarrassment. 

2 minutes ago, JumboJET said:

Fotheringham is ineligible for the job purely because of his accent. What an embarrassment. 

Cant remember who, it may have been @milne_afc , said that he was the thickest person he’s ever spoken to.

I’d be staggered if we appointed another rookie manager.

I think it’ll be an experienced manager, whether he’s Scottish, English or foreign,  who knows? 

31 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Cant remember who, it may have been @milne_afc , said that he was the thickest person he’s ever spoken to.

I think it’ll be an experienced manager, whether he’s Scottish, English or foreign,  who knows? 

Aye but had he ever spoken to 

Thick as shit Hughes, his retarded doorknob fucking cousin Preston

Or that village idiot  doss cunt at Hearts Gary Locke ?

7 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I'm increasingly worried that Lennon is going to be appointed if we loose on Sat 😳

After a good greet and blawen ma nose, I'll dust myself down and get right behind the team and enjoy the drama that will inevitably unfold.

• Upvote 1

Almost every Celtic fan hated Strachan with a vengeance, to the extent when he was a player some actually ran on to the park to assault him. So, when he became manager and got humped in Europe 5-0, he got more dogs abuse than most before him. The guy showed his metal, got stuck in and won them over. Now, If Lennon was appointed, he would face a similar scrutiny. It would be up to him to win many on here over.

• Upvote 2

Dave, if your looking in, I’m done with the Dons if you appoint the classless mink Lennon as boss. 

Would be an even bigger fuck up than appointing your son’s pal who had never managed, someone with slightly more but limited experience, then again someone with fuck all experience.

Lennon might have some experience but he’s more toxic than Chernobyl in the late 80’s. 

Going by the reports of Warnock upsetting people behind the scenes, it feels an unlikely move but you wouldn’t put it past ignorant Dave. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

‘Rookie’ managers are what a lot of clubs are doing at the moment and is what Cormack used as a reason to appoint Glass. I’d not be surprised whatsoever if that’s what we stuck with. 

45 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

Dave, if your looking in, I’m done with the Dons if you appoint the classless mink Lennon as boss. 

Would be an even bigger fuck up than appointing your son’s pal who had never managed, someone with slightly more but limited experience, then again someone with fuck all experience.

Lennon might have some experience but he’s more toxic than Chernobyl in the late 80’s. 

Going by the reports of Warnock upsetting people behind the scenes, it feels an unlikely move but you wouldn’t put it past ignorant Dave. 

The club is bigger than any individual. I understand your stance but if everyone had that attitude we would be fecked As a side note, if we did get Lennon and we reached a Scottish Cup final and won it. Would you not have a wee celebratory jig.

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

‘Rookie’ managers are what a lot of clubs are doing at the moment and is what Cormack used as a reason to appoint Glass. I’d not be surprised whatsoever if that’s what we stuck with. 

Nah can't see it this time, maybe the nexy one, hahah, but think this will be someone that's been about a few years, late 40s early 50s.

2 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Almost every Celtic fan hated Strachan with a vengeance, to the extent when he was a player some actually ran on to the park to assault him. So, when he became manager and got humped in Europe 5-0, he got more dogs abuse than most before him. The guy showed his metal, got stuck in and won them over. Now, If Lennon was appointed, he would face a similar scrutiny. It would be up to him to win many on here over.

given what he has put up with in his career and international duty, i feel like he could cope with us lot easily

6 hours ago, Dunty said:

Lennon admitted himself he was approached by the club about being interim but turned it down because he was still being considered for the Ireland job.

Lennon wanted assurances that if he took on the caretaker gig and got us to a 4th place finish and won the Scottish Cup, would be he considered for the job full time, and was telt no, so declined the kind offer.

At that time, that told me Colgate had a permanent manager already lined up for next season.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Lennon wanted assurances that if he took on the caretaker gig and got us to a 4th place finish and won the Scottish Cup, would be he considered for the job full time, and was telt no, so declined the kind offer.

At that time, that told me Colgate had a permanent manager already lined up for next season.

Aye, it was the same week Klopp announced he was leaving Liverpool. Putting 2 and 2 together 

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Tell him if he does it now he can. Cause there's next to no chance we are making top 6 never mind 4th 😂 

An early Dave quote "we may be wrong, but we'll never be confused" in relation to the strategy of the club. Or words to that affect.

Now he is baffled. 

At this stage, trying to find a manager until the overall structure and 'new' plan is in place is almost impossible i.e working without a framework as to the type/profile of manager who they should be searching for.

I hope there has been an enlightenment from the consultancy and Dave appoints a competent Director of Football to oversee the appointment.

Here is hoping he has the right person already working on this as if its left to Burrows, Gunn and Cormack...I fear for another season or two of chaos.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Youve repeated this twice now bud😆

Nae offence but what a pile of fucking cobblers.

You seriously believe he had that chat with Dave and it was leaked? 😂

Cmon to fuck min, youre nae that daft surely!!

“So Dave if i win the Scottish Cup, first time in 34 years for the club, and miraculously finish 4th i wont even be considered for the job?”

Thats correct Darak..i mean Neil.  

• Upvote 3
27 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

“So Dave if i win the Scottish Cup, first time in 34 years for the club, and miraculously finish 4th i wont even be considered for the job?”

It is bullshit. He was all in for the Ireland job. But did say at time if he didn't get the job he would be interested in our position.

I thought we were mad appointing mcinnes and I was proved wrong so thinking the same about lennon might mean he would be a success! 

All I'm certain of is I hate going to Pittodrie at the moment so they better get this one right.

In my mind our league is simple enough. Have a solid spine and a couple flair players that smaller clubs can't afford and you will do well enough.

• Upvote 2
45 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

He leaked it to his mate Peter Martin on PLZ Soccer, son.

• Downvote 1
12 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

He leaked it to his mate Peter Martin on PLZ Soccer, son.

So you're saying Cormack wanted him as interim. But told him he wouldnt be considering him for the permanent role even if he achieved a miracle and won us the SC and 4th. 😆

Its fucking absurd mate. 

Do you not agree? 

3 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

So you're saying Cormack wanted him as interim. But told him he wouldnt be considering him for the permanent role even if he achieved a miracle and won us the SC and 4th. 😆

Its fucking absurd mate. 

Do you not agree? 

No no. The fact is he told Peter martin! No other news outlet has ran this story though. Only because he told Peter martin 

20 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Its fucking absurd mate. 

Do you not agree? 

Makes less sense that having been told that Lennon would still tout himself for the job ?

57 minutes ago, Turra red said:

I thought we were mad appointing mcinnes and I was proved wrong so thinking the same about lennon might mean he would be a success! 

All I'm certain of is I hate going to Pittodrie at the moment so they better get this one right.

In my mind our league is simple enough. Have a solid spine and a couple flair players that smaller clubs can't afford and you will do well enough.

The real question is will you be at the 2bampod quiz at legion imorn, Turra Red?