Next Manager

8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I wouldn’t rule it out. 
Aye, Lennon that is, not Margot!

The hierarchy at AFC are so out of touch with the fan base I don’t think they’d have the slightest idea how many people it would alienate even more than they already are.

My financial contribution to the club isn’t massive, DNA, REDTV & some games at Pittodrie… but that would end if he was appointed

I think there would be quite a few with similar thoughts though. 

Hopefully the club look elsewhere. 

Me too. 

Lennon should be nowhere near AFC and Colgate teeth can get fucked if he thinks we'll be happy with that appointment. 

22 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Has Lennon ever won anything as a manager outside of Celtic? 

As he says in the Daily Retard interview:

But he believes his best years as a boss are still to come. He said: “I feel, at 52, my best years are in front of me as a football manager and a coach in terms of experience, my achievements in the game and what I have done and learned as a manager.

"I do think there is a perception of me that is wrong. I have achieved a lot - titles, trebles, Champions League - I even went abroad and won a trophy and got that team into the Europa League. I have won the Scottish Cup four times as a player and a manager. I have got real experience.

Smacks of that "I've been places and done things" interview from Billy Brown at East Fife.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/8648775/brown-confronts-east-fife-fans

We know that the actual next manager will be put put out to media to gauge reaction like the previous 1s. I hope to fuck Lennon isn’t that. I do think lennon would get a reaction out of this group but think shit would hit the fan within a year. 

7 minutes ago, slippers said:

We know that the actual next manager will be put put out to media to gauge reaction like the previous 1s. I hope to fuck Lennon isn’t that. I do think lennon would get a reaction out of this group but think shit would hit the fan within a year. 

He won't this squad is shite, so imbalanced it's a joke, it's that bad injured players are playing, Lennons a prime cunt aswell, would you play for him? Would I fuck. 

Won't be any difference till match day one next season after a huge clear out. 

Only positive I can think would be at least if someone was appointed permanently in the next month then least they could see how shite we really are. 

9 minutes ago, slippers said:

Lennon's appointment would lead to shit hitting the fan well within the year. 

I wouldn't support his appointment well within the first minute of that year.

Has Cormack really "managed" our club to such a mess that Pop Corn Teeth and Colgate Teeth could be a credible combination, according to the equally inept media?

6 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Surely this canna happen?

3 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Fuckin hope no

If Lee mair and the daily record say it's a good idea, then who are the FMB to ignore them? It'll definitely happen 🙃

He is a just a big red flag for me and hasn't got the temperament for level headedness when you need it, and spits his dummy out the second things go against him. 

For me anyway, he would be a hugely disappointing appointment and it would just be more kicking the can down the road. 

With Cormack in charge though anything is still possible, but if he really is the problem then it really doesn't matter who we get in. 

Lennon = not good enough. 

There is nothing more certain than deep division within our support whenever a new manager is announced. There are some names I would prefer not to have. However, whoever gets it, I will support them until they feck it up. Everyone has a preference but there is no guarantees. Hopefully, It's someone who can instill a bit of grit and fight for the Jersey mentality.

35 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Lennon's appointment would lead to shit hitting the fan well within the year. 

I wouldn't support his appointment well within the first minute of that year.

Has Cormack really "managed" our club to such a mess that Pop Corn Teeth and Colgate Teeth could be a credible combination, according to the equally inept media?

But if he somehow won a cup ! Would you support that?

1 minute ago, The Gee Man said:

But if he somehow won a cup ! Would you support that?

100%. Lennon is always blinkered with his teams and is very controversial to the extent he attracts negativity from opposition fans and media. Disliked him as other teams manager but would imagine he would boot out the dross at our club a helluva quicker than most but, would he be able to get the respect in the dressing room when things go tits up as they invariably do?

I actually think Lennon could get a tune out of this team initially but I think it would turn very toxic fairly quickly 

The majority of fans, including myself, would just never take to him and he would always be up against it 

Big No from me, just couldn’t see it working 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I dont want Lennon and I dont think it will be Lennon but he's a better shout than so many of the other names including Robinson and pretty much every other manager in Scotland

No, no he is not

17 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I actually think Lennon could get a tune out of this team initially but I think it would turn very toxic fairly quickly 

The majority of fans, including myself, would just never take to him and he would always be up against it 

Big No from me, just couldn’t see it working 

Could work both ways.  Would know fans simply wouldn’t accept coasting from him as we have from others so might drive him to achieve more?

A bit straw clutchy I accept.

Hence too big a risk.

7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I absolutely concur about him being the best of the usual names that form the Scottish managerial merry-go-round. I'm certain he'd have us back up to qualifying for Europe in his first season. As I've said before though....I wouldn't expect his tenure to be particularly long. He's a cunt of a human being and he would ruffle feathers (or just piss folk off) fairly rapidly including our board and probably some players too. I couldn't see him being with us any longer than 3 years, it could be even less than that.

I'd really prefer us to go for someone abroad for a change. But even despite him being touted for the Eire gig, I just felt he was who we were going to end up with.

Is 3 years not above the average for a manager in a position. If he did come and lasted that long it would mean he’s been relatively successful.