Next Manager

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Sorry, I don't engage with you due to the fact you're an even bigger wanker than Colin. 

Not engaging would be ignoring his post admittedly.

This is engaging with him.

Admittedly I'm just stirring the pot.

33 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He has and maybe as a long-term permanent manager he'd do well. Dropping in a guy who clearly knows very little about us and our game was silly though. I hardly think that's controversial and I think it was fairly obvious at the time of appointment too. 

Edit to add: If it was a guy coming from Spain or Italy with a similar profile to Warnock everyone would've been pointing out what I've just said. It's only because he came from England and people know him that they think differently. That's the point I'm making here. 

It’s a bit different coming from Spain to Scotland compared to England to Scotland. You’ve got a point but that part is nonsense.

1 minute ago, Russell said:

He is one of the better RedTV pundits, maybe he knows what he's talking about. Football obviously, not protein shakes

Stephen Robinson... is that what you believe?

You happy to go along with it?

If you say so, then I'm onboard. Fuck it. That's how low my care factor is at present with the Dons.

I’d genuinely rather a name like Jack Wilshere over Stephen Robinson, ideally neither. 

I do think they FMB won’t go with experience however. Cormack is on record saying they believe going down the “young talent” is the way forward with the manager. He may have a point but they are terrible at identifying it.

3 hours ago, minijc said:

Last I checked there was, Aberdeen are a British club, Neil Warnock is a British citizen, he has managed in England which is part of Great Britain.

There isn't a British league though..there is a Scottish League and an English League.

• Upvote 4
43 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

It’s a bit different coming from Spain to Scotland compared to England to Scotland. You’ve got a point but that part is nonsense.

Why is it different if they both know fuck all about us and our game? 

Robinson would be an insanely lazy, knee-jerk, unimaginative, and ultimately bad appointment for the club. 

He's currently 4th, barely, in a league that has one of the worst Aberdeen sides in living memory, a typically pish Hibs side, a traditionally shite Motherwell, a slightly above average (for them) Killie, and a variety of other garbage sides schlepping away playing anti-football. 

What I've seen of St Mirren has not been great. They struggled to beat us, and if it hadn't been for Devlin Devlining it, we'd have likely held on to beat them. Robinson doesn't have St Mirren playing some silky, fast, bamboozlingly attractive football, they're in fourth because they're taking advantage of other teams being absolute horseshit. They're fourth just because. 

We're not looking for someone who's doing slightly better than the other shit by way of default.  

We certainly don't need someone who had his previous three clubs flirting with relegation... in fact two of the three weren't just flirting with relegation, they had relegation's cock in their mouth and a finger up its arse. 

Robinson would be the dumbest fucking appointment since the previous four. 

Which is why I might put a bundle of cash on it definitely happening. 

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Why is it different if they both know fuck all about us and our game? 

Because English football is significantly more similar to Scottish football than Spanish football is. Couple that up with the fact that English people will naturally hear and see more of Scottish football than Spanish people.

49 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Because English football is significantly more similar to Scottish football than Spanish football is. Couple that up with the fact that English people will naturally hear and see more of Scottish football than Spanish people.

So it's not different. Cool. 

3 hours ago, minijc said:

Be better off hiring the boy at Airdrie than someone from the A-league, rabble of shite.

German review company hopefully didn't miss a trick and looked at opinions on here and ready to tell Cormack we've a ready made coach, manager and Director of Football in our midst in MiniJC with existing expertise/knowledge on all current players injuries, relationships with teammates, World football knowledge and ITK about basically everything and always right

10 minutes ago, Poodler said:

top 5 songs of the 70’s imo. Whole album is a classic but hot love really hits the spot every time 

Take your muso pish out of the Gaylord forum please. 

This place is for important things, such as arguing if Neil Warnock was Spanish, would people have wanted him as manager. 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

He has and maybe as a long-term permanent manager he'd do well. Dropping in a guy who clearly knows very little about us and our game was silly though. I hardly think that's controversial and I think it was fairly obvious at the time of appointment too. 

Edit to add: If it was a guy coming from Spain or Italy with a similar profile to Warnock everyone would've been pointing out what I've just said. It's only because he came from England and people know him that they think differently. That's the point I'm making here. 

That’s right I remember that great spell Clement had in the Spl.

5 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Aye, I’ve been reading your pish all day unfortunately. 

Weird you failed to read and understand the first line of the post you quoted then. 

4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Fuck knows how you’ve taken that from that comment but the smarmy, prick attitude never leaves you. Strange one. 

Strange that you think hearing a passing story on sky sports news now and again makes someone in England more suitable to manage in Scotland than a Spaniard. 

5 hours ago, McginnAgain said:

Nick Montgomery hardly setting the heather alight at Hibs with a solid squad

Unbeaten in five now and are back into the top six, which is a damn sight better than us, and they're improving all the time after taking a while to adapt to a new system under Montgomery.

Everyone was quick to write him off but he might end up having the last laugh.

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

To be honest you are right. Which is depressing. Apart from a ridiculous 8 year period 40 years ago - we are fucking pish 

But... and this is the crazy thing... we don't have to be. 

The millstone around the club's neck is that it's run by idiots who know fuck all about football, but their egos won't let them appoint someone who does. 

Decades of Milne compounded by half a decade of Cormack, and fair play to Cormack... he could be the one whose hubris finally sees us relegated for the very first time in our history. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, minijc said:

Pointing out that he is one of the most experienced managers in British football is hardly going to bizarre lengths to defend him ffs.

Some fucking arrogance on show from you today Parky, great stuff.

He’s one of the most experienced managers in ENGLISH football.