Next Manager

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Gibberish.

Some clown said the same about Guardiola the other day.

It’s just nonsense. 

Yes but the flip side is if “a Pep” is sitting 10th, shites a cup semi and brings on defenders to try to see out draws against dross then we are allowed to criticise them.

Thats my principle issue with Lennon.  Fans will have zero patience if anything slips whereas “insert other name” would get the usual generous allowance afforded to new starters (typically 3 poor weeks).  And that’s before the inevitable changing room and public space incidents that I feel would surely follow with him.

4 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Yes but the flip side is if “a Pep” is sitting 10th, shites a cup semi and brings on defenders to try to see out draws against dross then we are allowed to criticise them.

Thats my principle issue with Lennon.  Fans will have zero patience if anything slips whereas “insert other name” would get the usual generous allowance afforded to new starters (typically 3 poor weeks).  And that’s before the inevitable changing room and public space incidents that I feel would surely follow with him.

My principle issue with Lennon is that he’s a reptilian wee cunt who also happens not to be a good manager unless he has a budget that dwarfs everyone. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Appointing a manager who has a drink problem, been done for drink driving (twice I think?), and alleged gambling debts….

What could go wrong?…. 

Would/will be a total fucking disaster imo 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Appointing a manager who has a drink problem, been done for drink driving (twice I think?), and alleged gambling debts….

What could go wrong?…. 

A few red flags to say the least. 

11 hours ago, Roberto said:

Why you lying doe?

Not lying. Was told this by someone who owns a company that invests a significant 6 figure sum with AFC every year and was taken out for dinner by Cormack on Thirsday night as his company was seriously considering a huge reduction in their investment next year as they’re unhappy with the state of the club at the moment.

Was told that O’Neill was already confirmed for next season, all compensation and terms had been agreed. The club expected Warnock to stay on until end of season but once he told them he was leaving no matter the result yesterday they’re now trying to get O’Neill to come in sooner. Hes indicated he wants to stay with Northern Ireland for their friendlies at the end of this month but will likely join after them.

Also going to be a major restructuring at board level as a result of the report that’s been done. Someone who most of us don’t believe should be in such an important position won’t be in that position soon.

• Dildo 1
Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

Not lying. Was told this by someone who owns a company that invests a significant 6 figure sum with AFC every year and was taken out for dinner by Cormack on Wednesday night as his company was seriously considering a huge reduction in their investment next year as they’re unhappy with the state of the club at the moment.

Was told that O’Neill was already confirmed for next season, all compensation and terms had been agreed. The club expected Warnock to stay on until end of season but once he told them he was leaving no matter the result yesterday they’re now trying to get O’Neill to come in sooner. Hes indicated he wants to stay with Northern Ireland for their friendlies at the end of this month but will likely join after them.

Also going to be a major restructuring at board level as a result of the report that’s been done. Someone who most of us don’t believe should be in such an important position won’t be in that position soon.

To anyone with a clue at the club, who you're talking about will be easily identifiable and that they're clearly untrustworthy. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Not lying. Was told this by someone who owns a company that invests a significant 6 figure sum with AFC every year and was taken out for dinner by Cormack on Thirsday night as his company was seriously considering a huge reduction in their investment next year as they’re unhappy with the state of the club at the moment.

I presume you weren’t told this in confidence :laughing:

That’s a lot of specific information to share on a public forum if it’s true 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Not lying. Was told this by someone who owns a company that invests a significant 6 figure sum with AFC every year and was taken out for dinner by Cormack on Wednesday night as his company was seriously considering a huge reduction in their investment next year as they’re unhappy with the state of the club at the moment.

The bit of that that doesn’t make sense is Warnock leaving yesterday.  Unless someone overstepped the mark after, say, a recent late league defeat?

10 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Uncles brothers goldfish.

44 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

More serious candidate than 3/4 of the candy asses being mooted on here.

I agree with regards to the legitimacy of him being a bona fide candidate for our manager's job compared with some of the names being touted, but don't know if he has the personality for the gig though. 

This may be reflective in how it went for him during his tenure at Hibs, although he did a grand job by all accounts at Sheffield United. 

Certain managers suit certain clubs but some don't.

18 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

So Cormack took a club sponsor out to dinner to tell him his entire plan for the club and management team last Thursday? Then this club sponsor told everyone? Makes sense.

This thread seems to have gone crazy with rumours overnight since I last looked in.  

O'Neill and Heckingbottom seem to be the names most often mentioned.  Are there any others mentioned who people are taking as serious candidates? (Note: Fotheringham is not a serious candidate)

27 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Could easily do the two jobs for a couple of weeks.

They’re friendlies for NI, away to Romania on Fri 22/3 & Scotland Tue 26/3.

We finish the week before for the international break.

He could go away with NI for a week, then be with us 100% from Wed 27th March. 

2 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

The club have done well keeping it under wraps thus far. 

Kept it under wraps, or Warnock has quit and so the club - not wanting to be seen as a shambles - are telling everyone they have someone lined up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FMB were just making frantic phonecalls this afternoon offering the job to everyone.

1 hour ago, Howard Marks said:

Paul Heckingbottom is the name I'm getting by my man on the inside.

45 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Heckingbottom is the name i keep hearing, not that anybody knows anything more than the rest of us. If Warnock has had any input I’d think he’d champion him.

Make it stop.

• Like 1

I have read all the posts from a number of would be ITK contributers and from seasoned ITK posters and I keep coming back to the same conclusion. 

Warnock has caught Cormack off guard with his departure and, whilst a favoured candidate may have been sounded out, there is no guarantee that an appointment is pending. 

I certainly hope that we secure points from the next two away games whilst Ross County go pointless in their next two matches, otherwise the next manager may have little time to impose himself on a relegation threatened side.

Yet another mess that Cormack has contrived to create. 

Nae happy and can only hope for the best but suspect that an appointment isn't particularly likely soon.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fans lost their shit when Warnock disappeared for four days, but we're gonna let O'Neill go off to do his second job while we're in a relegation fight?

3 hours ago, starryfish said:

Interesting that yesterdays AFC statement said Peter Leven would be taking charge of ‘first team matters’ rather than ‘first team matches’ but perhaps I’m reading too much into that!

Gunner was using predictive text when typing it out 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

What would be the point of staying for meaningless friendlies?

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Since they are friendlies probably just looking for a final massive piss up on the NI FA.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

I have read all the posts from a number of would be ITK contributers and from seasoned ITK posters and I keep coming back to the same conclusion. 

Warnock has caught Cormack off guard with his departure and, whilst a favoured candidate may have been sounded out, there is no guarantee that an appointment is pending. 

I certainly hope that we secure points from the next two away games whilst Ross County go pointless in their next two matches, otherwise the next manager may have little time to impose himself on a relegation threatened side.

Yet another mess that Cormack has contrived to create. 

Nae happy and can only hope for the best but suspect that an appointment isn't particularly likely soon.

Starting to think this is could well be the case.

14 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

So Cormack took a club sponsor out to dinner to tell him his entire plan for the club and management team last Thursday? Then this club sponsor told everyone? Makes sense.

The part about him not wanting to start early so he could take charge of a couple of friendly games makes the most sense. 

• Haha 1