Next Manager

44 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Not lying. Was told this by someone who owns a company that invests a significant 6 figure sum with AFC every year and was taken out for dinner by Cormack on Thirsday night as his company was seriously considering a huge reduction in their investment next year as they’re unhappy with the state of the club at the moment.

Was told that O’Neill was already confirmed for next season, all compensation and terms had been agreed. The club expected Warnock to stay on until end of season but once he told them he was leaving no matter the result yesterday they’re now trying to get O’Neill to come in sooner. Hes indicated he wants to stay with Northern Ireland for their friendlies at the end of this month but will likely join after them.

Also going to be a major restructuring at board level as a result of the report that’s been done. Someone who most of us don’t believe should be in such an important position won’t be in that position soon.

Your mates taking the absolute piss out of you, mong.

24 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

So Cormack took a club sponsor out to dinner to tell him his entire plan for the club and management team last Thursday? Then this club sponsor told everyone? Makes sense.

I know, unbelievable isn’t it? Everyone including Cormack knows this guy can’t keep his trap shut after a day drinking.

10 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Warnock has caught Cormack off guard with his departure and, whilst a favoured candidate may have been sounded out, there is no guarantee that an appointment is pending. 

Yet another mess that Cormack has contrived to create. 

That mess could only be hiring the old cunt in the first place then. Confounded, if that's the right word, by him walking away.

The fact of having a favoured candidate sounded out by now would be completely normal and correct, as that's what Cormack is meant to be doing.

I am starting to wonder whether Warnock was really hoping for a permanent job at the end of this and could see there was absolutely no chance of getting it. Or at least he'd feel undermined if it was leaked out who was coming in.

He's got better things to do anyway than waste his time in a league he can't win in, he's got a tour to prepare for.

8 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

They've never got over the fact that we won all them Trophies under Fergie.

Nonsense.

Theres the huns in the media and that Alan Preston cunt who never miss a chance to have a pop but big deal. Greeting about it is a bad look. 
I dont think theres an agenda against us. I dont hear it. 

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Your mates taking the absolute piss out of you, mong.

O’Neill is on a massive contract with Northern Ireland until 2028. Why would he want to be bought out of that contract and why would Aberdeen want to pay a huge fee for him?

Would be very strange if he give up 4 years of a contract and a salary above what l would assume Aberdeen would be able to pay to come to a club who are in a relegation fight.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Dons21 said:

Starting to think this is could well be the case.

If you saw the red tv interview last week it reveals a lot. Warnock got asked about being under pressure and what he thought about Neil Lennon saying he was ready to step in immediately. The penny dropped at that moment that the directors were having discussions about bringing somebody in sooner than the end of the season because we were in trouble. Conversations followed and Warnock found out that there were conversations being held along those lines. The rest is history.

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, RUL said:

Doesn’t say much for o neill commitment if it’s true that he’s hanging about for some pointless friendlies 

He’s contracted until 2028. It’d be a bizarre appointment/compo fee. Not to mention incredibly boring.

Occums razor. 
they brought warnock in to get them to the end of the season.

warnock quickly realized the squad needed a bigger overhaul than everyone thought (he isn’t wrong, I’ve been shocked by how bad they’ve been) and that meant they had to get the new guy in sooner in order to get the right players on.

i think sometimes we look for something Machiavellian when the real reason is often the simplest reason 

2 minutes ago, madjockmcferson said:

Occums razor. 
they brought warnock in to get them to the end of the season.

warnock quickly realized the squad needed a bigger overhaul than everyone thought (he isn’t wrong, I’ve been shocked by how bad they’ve been) and that meant they had to get the new guy in sooner in order to get the right players on.

i think sometimes we look for something Machiavellian when the real reason is often the simplest reason 

It's Ockham's razor.

As you were.

• Downvote 1
34 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Fuck Sportscene & fuck the BBC. Apart from god not one of the fuckers on that show have the right to make comment on anything. Stewart, Preston, Thompson & the like. Shit footballers & thick cunts to boot. 

No mark programme/channel that has always hated AFC. Wear it as a badge of honour that we still rankle them and their pundits. Even though we have been mostly shit for many of these years and according to the clown media the club and fans live in the past.

1 hour ago, Dunty said:

Kept it under wraps, or Warnock has quit and so the club - not wanting to be seen as a shambles - are telling everyone they have someone lined up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FMB were just making frantic phonecalls this afternoon offering the job to everyone.

Make it stop.

That ship has sailed.

1 hour ago, ahead on alphabet said:

That mess could only be hiring the old cunt in the first place then. Confounded Compounded, if that's the right word, by him walking away.

The fact of having a favoured candidate sounded out by now would be completely normal and correct, as that's what Cormack is meant to be doing.

I am starting to wonder whether Warnock was really hoping for a permanent job at the end of this and could see there was absolutely no chance of getting it. Or at least he'd feel undermined if it was leaked out who was coming in.

He's got better things to do anyway than waste his time in a league he can't win in, he's got a tour to prepare for.