Next Manager

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I just cant believe the O'Neill story would literally make less sense than Lennon.

Everything under Cormack makes less sense, for all the bluster of young progressive coaches playing attacking football, the first attempt was a failure so he's gone for the tried and tested method of hiring folk who know the game here, it also appears that he has an obsession with 3-5-2 even if it doesn't suit the players his magical software recommends, lol as if he's paying attention to that now.

3 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Not lying. Was told this by someone who owns a company that invests a significant 6 figure sum with AFC every year and was taken out for dinner by Cormack on Thirsday night as his company was seriously considering a huge reduction in their investment next year as they’re unhappy with the state of the club at the moment.

Was told that O’Neill was already confirmed for next season, all compensation and terms had been agreed. The club expected Warnock to stay on until end of season but once he told them he was leaving no matter the result yesterday they’re now trying to get O’Neill to come in sooner. Hes indicated he wants to stay with Northern Ireland for their friendlies at the end of this month but will likely join after them.

Also going to be a major restructuring at board level as a result of the report that’s been done. Someone who most of us don’t believe should be in such an important position won’t be in that position soon.

This is now being passed around on WhatsApp as a genuine rumour 😂

• Haha 6
1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

This is now being passed around on WhatsApp as a genuine rumour 😂

I'll give you a couple of rumours, the club are in a weird position where Warnock has got the last laugh and they are now scrambling like fuck to get a manager, a few knockbacks on approaches they made to clubs about their managers.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'll give you a couple of rumours, the club are in a weird position where Warnock has got the last laugh and they are now scrambling like fuck to get a manager, a few knockbacks on approaches they made to clubs about their managers.

Thanks pal. I deciphered all that from the club statement myself, yesterday. They’re now in a position where they have zero bargaining power. Quite incredible state of affairs.

3 hours ago, Dunty said:

Fans lost their shit when Warnock disappeared for four days, but we're gonna let O'Neill go off to do his second job while we're in a relegation fight?

At least O’Neill knows his way here having played for the club even though it was a short time.

Other managers have managed to be in charge of club and country for short periods.

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Thanks pal. I deciphered all that from the club statement myself, yesterday. They’re now in a position where they have zero bargaining power. Quite incredible state of affairs.

Yes and to make matters worse, Davie boy, despite wanting to follow the data and take a more analytical approach absolutely shites himself when a capable foreign manager gets offered to him on a plate, meanwhile formless Gunner is shouting to bring back Derek. 

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

Everything under Cormack makes less sense, for all the bluster of young progressive coaches playing attacking football, the first attempt was a failure so he's gone for the tried and tested method of hiring folk who know the game here, it also appears that he has an obsession with 3-5-2 even if it doesn't suit the players his magical software recommends, lol as if he's paying attention to that now.

I'm beginning to think he's not very good at this chairman stuff :itch-chin:

1 hour ago, The Boofon said:

Sounds like someone's got it in for him. It's hard luck being caught twice. I reckon someone grassed him up.

O’Neil was interviewed on some podcast or other a few years back. He said he was in the running for a decent gig up in Scotland a few years back (cant recall who it was, possibly Hibs) but he claimed a smear campaign against him, regarding his drink issues, was created and ended up with him losing out.

Trying to rack my brain as to who it was that he pinpointed for the creator of smear campaign, will come back to me eventually.

He was quite open about his fondness for the booze, as I recall, but said those days were behind him.

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

O’Neil was interviewed on some podcast or other a few years back. He said he was in the running for a decent gig up here a few years back (cant recall who it was, possibly Hibs) but he claimed a smear campaign against him, regarding his drink issues, was created and ended up with him losing out.

Trying to rack my brain as to who it was that he pinpointed for the creator of smear campaign, will come back to me eventually.

He was quite open about his fondness for the booze, as I recall.

I'll try my best - do we still have time?

14 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

O’Neil was interviewed on some podcast or other a few years back. He said he was in the running for a decent gig up in Scotland a few years back (cant recall who it was, possibly Hibs) but he claimed a smear campaign against him, regarding his drink issues, was created and ended up with him losing out.

He was quite open about his fondness for the booze, as I recall, but said those days were behind him.

Steve Tosh

2 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Nonsense.

Theres the huns in the media and that Alan Preston cunt who never miss a chance to have a pop but big deal. Greeting about it is a bad look. 
I dont think theres an agenda against us. I dont hear it. 

Certainly not from Michael Stewart

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Trying to rack my brain as to who it was that he pinpointed for the creator of the smear campaign , will come back to me eventually.

I’ll put a tenner on @The Boofon

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

We all say that then its 8 league games without a win and BOOM

Michael O'Neil...if yer a fan of Northern Ireland yer raging. Once again gets sucked into Club management and he's hardly been there that long this time. 

I don't get it. The philosophy chat...a manager known for direct pish. Who plays three at back. Why did we bother changing? 

I feel we're struggling to entice who we might've wanted and are now on "whoever has experience"...cause this seems a side step. 

24 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Sportsound?

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?304626-Michael-O-Neill

• Thanks 1