Next Manager

I think Warnock's rhetoric about getting a manager in now to assess the squad is a bit of spin because he's probably a little embarrassed by how his interim spell has turned out and decided to leave because he didn't want his CV blemished.

Perhaps being cynical - and I was on board with him coming in short-term - but it seems to me that he's been totally caught off guard by Scottish football. He hasn't managed to get a reaction whatsoever and his scattergun line-ups suggest he's found it difficult to assess the squad and league himself. He probably thought his time here would be a bit of fun where he gets a tune out of us, we make a push for top six/Europe and go on a cup run.

The league performances just haven't been there and his pride has been hurt. He's decided to leave and that's caught Cormack short, who is now going to have to fast-track whatever prawcess he's currently working on at the minute.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Redread said:

Cormack said previously he wants a possession based team who are quick to attack as he realised that Derek McInnes was not what too many of the fans wanted any more. 
He generally likes a younger manager (Warnock was used interim and for advice) so don’t expect anything different in that respect. 
Bolton’s manager Ian Evatt likes this style of football….just saying.

Good chance Bolton could go up to the championship though. Can't see why he would pick us over the championship.

23 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Good chance Bolton could go up to the championship though. Can't see why he would pick us over the championship.

The championship (and English fitba) is piss 

The Dons are bigger than Bolton

Chance to manage some world class players 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Redread said:

Cormack said previously he wants a possession based team who are quick to attack as he realised that Derek McInnes was not what too many of the fans wanted any more. 
He generally likes a younger manager (Warnock was used interim and for advice) so don’t expect anything different in that respect. 
Bolton’s manager Ian Evatt likes this style of football….just saying.

Which just proves Cormack knows fuck all and needs to step away from the scene of his crimes.

I’ve never heard of a chairman dictating team structures etc but given he also appears to be the de facto DoF, not really a surprise.

As well as the new manager announcement, of even bigger importance is Cormack announcing his recongnition of meddling and a promise of its cessation.

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I think Warnock's rhetoric about getting a manager in now to assess the squad is a bit of spin because he's probably a little embarrassed by how his interim spell has turned out and decided to leave because he didn't want his CV blemished.

Perhaps being cynical - and I was on board with him coming in short-term - but it seems to me that he's been totally caught off guard by Scottish football. He hasn't managed to get a reaction whatsoever and his scattergun line-ups suggest he's found it difficult to assess the squad and league himself. He probably thought his time here would be a bit of fun where he gets a tune out of us, we make a push for top six/Europe and go on a cup run.

The league performances just haven't been there and his pride has been hurt. He's decided to leave and that's caught Cormack short, who is now going to have to fast-track whatever prawcess he's currently working on at the minute.

Sounds the most likely story to me (and anyone that has been paying attention)

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Which just proves Cormack knows fuck all and needs to step away from the scene of his crimes.

I’ve never heard of a chairman dictating team structures etc but given he also appears to be the de facto DoF, not really a surprise.

As well as the new manager announcement, of even bigger importance is Cormack announcing his recongnition of meddling and a promise of its cessation.

Youve never heard of the owner doing that? Really? Who would normally do it?

46 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I don’t think so. He’d have fancied his chances of turning it around. Look at Saturday.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

I don’t think so. He’d have fancied his chances of turning it around. Look at Saturday.

Aye. 

Dave decided after the St Mirren game to accelerate the process of getting a new manager in. 

Dave and Burrows met with Warnock to tell him and Warnock said he'd let them get on with it then and he'd be away after Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Who would normally dictate team strategy? The DoF or the manager I would have thought, unless you’d like to illuminate me with your knowledge ?

Manager should have free reign to use different tactics for different games imo.

Different tactics are required for different games and different moments within games. 

Having a rigid formation or tactics would make it more difficult to be successful at our level

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Who would normally dictate team strategy? The DoF or the manager I would have thought, unless you’d like to illuminate me with your knowledge ?

You never said strategy. You said structure. Theyre not the same. 

however, do you not think (normal) clubs appoint managers based on such things as mentality and style, as well as results ? 

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Manager should have free reign to use different tactics for different games imo.

Different tactics are required for different games and different moments within games. 

Having a rigid formation or tactics would make it more difficult to be successful at our level

But we have to see if we have a manager or a head coach it seems that with Robson he had little or no say on signings so that indicates the Head Coach role, but if you have a 'Manager'  they really have full control and don't really require a DOF, unless they use the DOF for handling of contracts and transfer negotiations, so does anyone actually know the set up we have 😂

24 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Was there not someone on here mentioning his last few jobs, they’ve started terribly, a bit like his time here… Then he gets a result that turns things around and the team goes on a run? I imagine if that’s the case there would have been a few of us thinking Saturday may have been that result.

Guess not now.

26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

Dave decided after the St Mirren game to accelerate the process of getting a new manager in. 

Dave and Burrows met with Warnock to tell him and Warnock said he'd let them get on with it then and he'd be away after Saturday. 

This sounds highly plausible. Another mis-step on the part of Cormack. Just hope accelerated process coupled plus Warnock walking doesn't equal panicky appointment.