Next Manager

4 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Not a high bar that really given Lennon + Jack Ross has been mentioned

Won't happen as Alex Neil made it very common knowledge he doesn't want to come back up to Scotland 

Alan Burrows is good friends with Leanne Dempster.

Surely he’d have spoken to her about that wee rat cunt Lennon, & that alone would’ve put him off? 

And both Burrows & Cormack are more than aware of the feelings of the on-line Dons support.

It won’t be Lennon.

Surely to fuck not even our club are THAT rank stupid 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Alan Burrows is good friends with Leanne Dempster.

Surely he’d have spoken to her about that wee rat cunt Lennon, & that alone would’ve put him off? 

I'd have hoped his lack of management ability would've done the trick tbh, piss poor record outside of Celtic

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Not a high bar that really given Lennon + Jack Ross has been mentioned

Won't happen as Alex Neil made it very common knowledge he doesn't want to come back up to Scotland 

Even though he applied for the job, and is being interviewed?  

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Still canna believe folk wouldn't have Alex Neil. 

By far the best of the known names suggested so far. 

Would snap your hand off for Alex Neil.   
The question must be, would he actually want it after meeting and being interviewed by our illustrious FMB.. 

Really liked that Derek Rae article and the model in which Aberdeen are trying to achieve is one I completely get. I.e. manager doesn't need to be a recognised name if the support network is strong. 

The problem we have is the support network is a bag of utter shit, so what chance does an inexperienced manager or any manager have.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Even though he applied for the job, and is being interviewed?  

Take your word for it, was always under the impression he fancied his chances down south rather than come up north

Would take him if he's a viable option

19 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Really liked that Derek Rae article and the model in which Aberdeen are trying to achieve is one I completely get. I.e. manager doesn't need to be a recognised name if the support network is strong. 

The problem we have is the support network is a bag of utter shit, so what chance does an inexperienced manager or any manager have.

Not that I’m defending Stephen Glass at all, but he was behind the black ball from the start 

Rookie manager, no experience alongside him, & nothing “above” to guide & advise him.

Not even a HoR to help sign players.

Fuck all. 

• Upvote 3
47 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Or maybe, as previously demonstrated, you’re not as ITK as you pretend to be. 

I'm not I have no clue who's getting interviewed other that what's in here and twitter, just seems a big big list that gets bigger and bigger 

29 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Take your word for it, was always under the impression he fancied his chances down south rather than come up north

Would take him if he's a viable option

It's amazing how people change their minds when they're out of work!

Just now, DD1903 said:

It's amazing how people change their minds when they're out of work!

People change their mind daily, you just have to look at posts on here.

He's a decent shout and if he's applied then even better, personally don't think it will be a British Manager but as I said before Alex Neil is better than the others mentioned 

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not that I’m defending Stephen Glass at all, but he was behind the black ball from the start 

Rookie manager, no experience alongside him, & nothing “above” to guide & advise him.

Fuck all. 

Main reasons I stuck up for him, what fucking chance did he have?

Situation made worse with Russell/Brown as his assistants, Cormack or some other idiots should have insisted on an experienced head to give him some chance.

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fuck all. 

The thing about this is, you hire a completely rookie manager, then you realise you have to hire someone else to mentor him because he's totally incapable of competently doing the job he was hired to do.

In that case don't hire the rookie manager... just hire the guy you were going to hire as the experienced heid as manager. Cut out the rookie, save yourself a wage. 

You either can or you can't do the job with minimal supervision... and if you can't then it's 'aff the roof wi ye'. 

If you can then you don't need yet another guy hired to do your job for you. 

What kind of business model brings in someone wholly unqualified to a critical position, then has to have some other cunt hold their hand for them? 

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if in a job interview it becomes apparent that the guy you're interviewing has no experience or capacity to do the job you're looking to fill, you shake their hand, thank them for their time, then burn their cv. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Main reasons I stuck up for him, what fucking chance did he have?

Situation made worse with Russell/Brown as his assistants, Cormack or some other idiots should have insisted on an experienced head to give him some chance.

Was the story not that he was offered the chance to take in an experienced assistant and he turned it down? 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Russell said:

Just a thought but we shouldn't be hiring anyone applying for this job, we should be going out and finding the best person.

I reckon AI could literally do a better job than any cunt whose name has come up. 

Worth a try

20 quid a month. Under 800 quid to pay off a three year contract if it Glass/Goodwin/Robson/Warnock's it. 

chatgpt-logo.png

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Apparently there are candidates we have to ask permission to speak to.

Who they are, fuck knows. 

I'll have a wee guess.

Doherty

McInnes

O'Neill

Jack Ross

Robinson

Challinor

Darren Ferguson

• Confused 1