Next Manager

21 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Any manager with a growing rep isn't moving to a SP side outside Celtic or Rangers unless that up and coming manager is from within the Scottish game. 

Even so, I can't recall a time that Celtic or Rangers acquired managers that hadn't been dumped by their previous club, aside from Postecoglou, who IMO, is elite.

I know fans of every club have unrealistic expectations in their ranks, but going by here, social media, interviews with fans etc there's not one manager that everyone will unite behind. Also, it appears many want a manager with contradictory experiences. 

Must have experience of Scotland. Must play "good" football. Must be a manager on the up, can't have been sacked in their career for being shite, can't have applied for the job, but we also don't want a "boring" appointment 

I just want a cunt that wins games, and will understand by every measure the expectation at the football club. There's no way Alex Neil won't know precisely what's expected of him. 

Bring him home. 

Deila? Think he was doing well before getting the Celtic job? You are totally correct in all of this post btw.

7 minutes ago, slippers said:

What a load of shit. We can’t attract a decent manager. What’s the point then?

Just wait until you find out that only one of two clubs can actually win the league 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

I'm not being a dick 

What does "knows the club" actually mean and whys it important?

Its probably better someone doesn't know the club and puts a completely different stamp on it

Fair point.  I’ve no idea what it means to be honest. Think Cormack used it as criteria for appointing Glass. 

Would appear that Tony Docherty would be an underwhelming choice then.😂

5 minutes ago, Russell said:

Please come up with your own answer and rebuttal

2 minutes ago, Russell said:

Christ you're argumentative. How many of the top jobs go to people that apply? They're all headhunted. I'd wager the best man for the job is someone who actually has a job.

Can you define ‘top job’, please? Let’s look at who we have apppointed over the last 20 years. We are not a top club…

24 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Any manager with a growing rep isn't moving to a SP side outside Celtic or Rangers unless that up and coming manager is from within the Scottish game. 

Even so, I can't recall a time that Celtic or Rangers acquired managers that hadn't been dumped by their previous club, aside from Postecoglou, who IMO, is elite.

I know fans of every club have unrealistic expectations in their ranks, but going by here, social media, interviews with fans etc there's not one manager that everyone will unite behind. Also, it appears many want a manager with contradictory experiences. 

Must have experience of Scotland. Must play "good" football. Must be a manager on the up, can't have been sacked in their career for being shite, can't have applied for the job, but we also don't want a "boring" appointment 

I just want a cunt that wins games, and will understand by every measure the expectation at the football club. There's no way Alex Neil won't know precisely what's expected of him. 

Bring him home. 

Postecoglou is a good shout actually. 

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Russell said:

Because the whole idea of hiring an interim was to allow ze Germans to assess the structure and provide their recommendations to ensure we get the right guy.

Really? I find it hard to believe that a team of consultants, that presumably work with many different clubs, would be recommending specific managers or heads of recruitment or whatever to a club they are currently assessing, especially if those people were all ready in jobs.

These people aren't recruitment consultants are they? If so why would you let them into your club? If you had parts of your club that were running well (likely not in our case), wouldn't you be worried that your staff would be being recommended to the next clubs these consultants went off to?

• Upvote 2

This model is the way forward. However the club have shown themselves to be be hopelessly incapable of building a complete first 11 let alone squad.  As such we will always fail.  Maybe we need an outdated manager who has the presence to tell it straight to Dave, Gunner or whatever fucking loser at the club is wanking themselves off over what they perceive to be a job well done in the Summer transfer window.

Images of JET, Anthony Stewart or Habib-Gueye sitting in Ramadani's spot in the dressing room, flashing through their heads as they near completion. 

Every fucking summer the fans can see the glaring areas of inadequacy/neglect. And every year the fans have been proved right. Why do the full time so called professionals running our club, fail to see it, every year?!

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

This model is the way forward. However the club have shown themselves to be be hopelessly incapable of building a complete first 11 let alone squad.  As such we will always fail.  Maybe we need an outdated manager who has the presence to tell it straight to Dave, Gunner or whatever fucking loser at the club is wanking themselves off over what they perceive to be a job well done in the Summer transfer window.

Images of JET, Anthony Stewart or Habib-Gueye sitting in Ramadani's spot in the dressing room, flashing through their heads as they near completion. 

I'm all for the model, I've shouted enough about it for the last 4 years but if we are serious about it we'd have it in place by now but we appear to be miles off.

I'd also argue that if the club are serious about it they wouldn't even be entertaining the likes of Lennon, Lambert, Robinson, O'Neill or Alex Neil who btw I have no issue with if we went for him as boss it just doesn't suit what we apparently want.

11 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Deila? Think he was doing well before getting the Celtic job? You are totally correct in all of this post btw.

Just wait until you find out that only one of two clubs can actually win the league 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ok, Ronny the retard. 

Hated that cunt

17 minutes ago, slippers said:

Neil dosnt fit into a club we are trying to be though. He wants to be in control of everything. That’s not how we are going to operate. We need a manager that sings from the same hymn sheet as our director of football and new technical director. He isn’t that man. 

I don't care if he wants to be in control of everything. He'll know the recruitment style and the set up of the club before any potential appointment.

All of our appointments have been confused, sentimental nonsense. 

Let's just get a guy in the building with a modicum of pedigree who knows how to manage a football team, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Dunty said:

Alex Neil

Took over Norwich when six points off the top. Finished third. Everyone painted him as some miracle worker 🤷‍♂️

Since then...

Got relegated, then following season was sacked after seven wins in 24 in the Championship. 

Sacked by Preston for being 16th in Championship.

Sacked by Stoke after finishing 16th then had them 20th the next season.

Hold me back...

For me personally i wouldn't want Alex Neil,  I don't get all the hype around him and lets face it if he was that sought after he'd be in work 

1 hour ago, Turra red said:

For me a foreign appointment is a huge gamble. I have no doubt there are plenty with the skill set to succeed but will they really appreciate how poor the style of play is here. We would all love fast flowing football that is pretty on the eye but that sort of game is stifled by the hammer throwing nature of the spfl.

We can all slag Mcinnes but he knew the formula and managed to rebuild several times during his time here to a good standard. It was the right time for him to leave as I do feel he had went stale at the club.

The team that got us 3rd last year had a Mcinnes vibe. Big lads at the back and ramadani and shinnie battling in the middle. You then add in a bit of quality in Clarkson,miovski and duk and you suddenly have that little bit more than most which wins you games.

Whoever comes in needs to get how our league works and find away to implement their style in a way which can succeed.

Agree with this but every appointment is a bit of a gamble.  I fully take your points though about McInnes.  Unless we can get decent foreign players like what Celtic and Rangers sign we are resigned to having to play with a team who will likely need some big lads at the back and players who like the get stuck in, in the midfield ect..

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I don't care if he wants to be in control of everything. He'll know the recruitment style and the set up of the club before any potential appointment.

All of our appointments have been confused, sentimental nonsense. 

Let's just get a guy in the building with a modicum of pedigree who knows how to manage a football team, IMO. 

Any manager who accepts the club being in control of transfers, is one of the following:

1. Off their fucking head, or

2. Too fucking lazy to bother looking into what they've done over the past 3 years with regards to the squad, or

3. In for the money and doesnt give shit how things are going to go

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Waiting for the reaction when people find out he's only managing in div 3 of Germany and not managed them to the Bundesliga title yet.

No1 expects to get a bundesliga manager in or anything like that level. But as Derek Rae says their is some great options in bundesliga 2 and 3 we should be looking at. 

4 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Any manager who accepts the club being in control of transfers, is one of the following:

1. Off their fucking head, or

2. Too fucking lazy to bother looking into what they've done over the past 3 years with regards to the squad, or

3. In for the money and doesnt give shit how things are going to go

When you say "not in control of transfers ", what do you mean? Which part of them?

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

I believe I did stand up my argument, you just didn't like my points. 

Promotion with Hamilton. Promotion with Norwich. Promotion with Sunderland. Had Preston 7th, ba' hair from the playoffs on one of the worst budgets in that league. Hamilton were up in 5th when he left them too. 

Like I say, we had this debate, and you're extremely selective in your stats.

Norwich were six points off top when he took over. They finished third. It was not this miracle people make out.

Sunderland were three points off the top of League 1 with the biggest budget when he worked wonders and got them promoted. 

Most managers we'll be after will have been sacked from previous jobs. In the modern era that says very little about their ability as a manager. 

It does when they've been sacked in three of their last four jobs. The one he wasn't sacked (Sunderland) he walked away six games into the season.

He has a good record of meeting expectation. With us that looks like third spot and a cup win every 4/5 years. 

He's literally been getting sacked for falling well below expectations.

That's what we need. There will not be a manager with a better CV of meeting expectation that has applied for the job than Alex Neil. 

How do you know? You don't know who has applied.

No fucking about. No experimenting with foreign managers or coaches, get someone in who's got a good CV that matches the Scottish game. 

Yeh that's fine, but Alex Neil isn't it.

And knowing your posting style on here, you'll be first to call for him to be sacked.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Really? I find it hard to believe that a team of consultants, that presumably work with many different clubs, would be recommending specific managers or heads of recruitment or whatever to a club they are currently assessing, especially if those people were all ready in jobs.

These people aren't recruitment consultants are they? If so why would you let them into your club? If you had parts of your club that were running well (likely not in our case), wouldn't you be worried that your staff would be being recommended to the next clubs these consultants went off to?

Recommendations as in the type of people they should be hiring, not specific names. Anyway this may just all be wishful thinking on my end that FMB have been given a blueprint to follow for success from the consultants, otherwise what was the fucking point?

2 hours ago, minijc said:

really bad look how this Warnock situation has unfolded as I'm sure some will see him leaving and think "fuck that".

He wasn't cut out for the job and the media pressure, so he left.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

O’Neill has 4 years of a £500k-£600k a year contract with Northern Ireland 

You’d think that’s prohibitive, even if there’s a lower amount as a release fee.

We don't need to pay off his contract. Northern Ireland would and that's only if they're sacking him.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

I'm not being a dick 

What does "knows the club" actually mean and whys it important?

Its probably better someone doesn't know the club and puts a completely different stamp on it

Rather than posting you should just silently browse and let the adults talk.

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

We've NEVER appointed a manager with a record as good as this. 

Deary me.

1 hour ago, Russell said:

Ebbe Skovdahl

Genuinely true. 

The only other "coup" that could be considered to top that might be Ebbie because he managed some huge clubs, namely Benfica, prior to us. 

We know how that went, though 😃

"Might be Ebbe" - he won three league titles and five cups.

Neil Warnock had more promotions on his record than Alex Neil.

Alex Miller & Alex Smith were both previous cup winners as managers before Aberdeen.

Genuinely astonishing the stupidity on this forum.

• Thanks 1
  • Dildo 2
2 minutes ago, Dunty said:

He wasn't cut out for the job and the media pressure, so he left.

We don't need to pay off his contract. Northern Ireland would and that's only if they're sacking him.

Rather than posting you should just silently browse and let the adults talk.

"Might be Ebbe" - he won three league titles and five cups.

Neil Warnock had more promotions on his record than Alex Neil.

Alex Miller & Alex Smith were both previous cup winners as managers before Aberdeen.

Genuinely astonishing the stupidity on this forum.

Definitely a sock puppet account of Big Hat Logan.

Same contrary tone, with multiple quotes replied to.