Next Manager

19 minutes ago, minijc said:

Main reasons I stuck up for him, what fucking chance did he have?

Situation made worse with Russell/Brown as his assistants, Cormack or some other idiots should have insisted on an experienced head to give him some chance.

Even someone on the cheap like John Robertson or even John Mcglynn alongside those three could have worked.  Fuck me even Jocky Scott lol.   People may laugh at that but some decent records and experience in Scottish management. 

43 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Alex Neil would be a decent appointment but not one that will maintain season ticket sales this summer.

There's not a managerial name big enough, or exciting enough for season ticket sales to be impacted by the name. 

My biggest fear is we give it a European coach at this juncture, because everything behind this person is such a mess. 

Need an experienced manager of strong constitution. 

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

There's not a managerial name big enough, or exciting enough for season ticket sales to be impacted by the name. 

My biggest fear is we give it a European coach at this juncture, because everything behind this person is such a mess. 

André Villas-Boas

25 minutes ago, minijc said:

Main reasons I stuck up for him, what fucking chance did he have?

Situation made worse with Russell/Brown as his assistants, Cormack or some other idiots should have insisted on an experienced head to give him some chance.

Exactly. Showed his experience by not appointing an experienced assistant manager who knew the game in Scotland. But as you say the club should have insisted that he did.

Just now, Kiriakov33 said:

Would Tony Docherty be that bad a shout ?  Knows the club, knows Scottish football very well, has Dundee certainly punching above their weight.   Would tick quite a few of the boxes.  

I don't think he's got that bit extra that we are looking for, good manager but if we wanted to progress I don't think he's the right man.

4 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Would Tony Docherty be that bad a shout ?  Knows the club, knows Scottish football very well, has Dundee certainly punching above their weight.   Would tick quite a few of the boxes.  

Let’s not consider someone who’s not even been a full time manager for a year. We’ve just made that mistake. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Stop

8 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

To big a risk for Cormack. He cannot risk another "failure" from "lack of management experience". I'm fully aware that he's been an assistant for a long time.

We need experience and a pretty solid proven track record. That's ultimately what I think we'll end up with.

1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

To big a risk for Cormack. He cannot risk another "failure" from "lack of management experience". I'm fully aware that he's been an assistant for a long time.

We need experience and a pretty solid proven track record. That's ultimately what I think we'll end up with.

Yes. Stuart Kettlewell is the answer.

34 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Who’s your pick?

Realistically, remember we’re a bang average club, in an even worse league, stuck in an outpost. 

I see it's a tough decision.

I wanted a foreigner before Glass, before Goodwin and before Robson, but we are in a shambles now and ordinarily it calls for a safe pair of hands now.

I look at the list of safe bets and put Robinson as probably the safest bet in my opinion. That all sounds a bit too Goodwin-y so I go back to the foreigner.

I don't have enough knowledge of other leagues to know who we could easily poach but plenty of names on here are worth a chat with their agent to gauge interest.

41 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

The thing about this is, you hire a completely rookie manager, then you realise you have to hire someone else to mentor him because he's totally incapable of competently doing the job he was hired to do.

In that case don't hire the rookie manager... just hire the guy you were going to hire as the experienced heid as manager. Cut out the rookie, save yourself a wage. 

You either can or you can't do the job with minimal supervision... and if you can't then it's 'aff the roof wi ye'. 

If you can then you don't need yet another guy hired to do your job for you. 

What kind of business model brings in someone wholly unqualified to a critical position, then has to have some other cunt hold their hand for them? 

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if in a job interview it becomes apparent that the guy you're interviewing has no experience or capacity to do the job you're looking to fill, you shake their hand, thank them for their time, then burn their cv. 

Much like appointing a technical director when you already have a director of football 

9 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Good point even though Doc might end up being a good manager the risks of facing the Tom English / BBC and Daily Record firing squads suggest it should be avoided for this reason

22 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Not sure if I've understood your reply.

I certainly did not mean we appoint a manager that will increase our crowds.

I mean can we find the manager that will minimise the reduction in crowds next season

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I see it's a tough decision.

I wanted a foreigner before Glass, before Goodwin and before Robson, but we are in a shambles now and ordinarily it calls for a safe pair of hands now.

I look at the list of safe bets and put Robinson as probably the safest bet in my opinion. That all sounds a bit too Goodwin-y so I go back to the foreigner.

I don't have enough knowledge of other leagues to know who we could easily poach but plenty of names on here are worth a chat with their agent to gauge interest.

Jimmy Thelin, come on down