Next Manager

16 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Which football club is contacting us to highly recommend their manager?

my mate recently got a new job. He applied for it. Was he not the best for the job then?!

The recommendations should be coming from ze Germans who were looking at structuring.

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No manager with a growing reputation is likely to risk it at Aberdeen at the moment.  The whole set up is a massive red flag. 

The only way we'll attract someone of that ilk is if we demonstrate we are serious about making changes to the structure. 

If we can double, treble or quadruple their salary that will focus their mind in some cases.

10 minutes ago, Turra red said:

For me a foreign appointment is a huge gamble. I have no doubt there are plenty with the skill set to succeed but will they really appreciate how poor the style of play is here. We would all love fast flowing football that is pretty on the eye but that sort of game is stifled by the hammer throwing nature of the spfl.

We can all slag Mcinnes but he knew the formula and managed to rebuild several times during his time here to a good standard. It was the right time for him to leave as I do feel he had went stale at the club.

The team that got us 3rd last year had a Mcinnes vibe. Big lads at the back and ramadani and shinnie battling in the middle. You then add in a bit of quality in Clarkson,miovski and duk and you suddenly have that little bit more than most which wins you games.

Whoever comes in needs to get how our league works and find away to implement their style in a way which can succeed.

Foreign manager is a huge gamble but the list of safe bets is honking this time

48 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Alex Neil

Took over Norwich when six points off the top. Finished third. Everyone painted him as some miracle worker 🤷‍♂️

Since then...

Got relegated, then following season was sacked after seven wins in 24 in the Championship. 

Sacked by Preston for being 16th in Championship.

Sacked by Stoke after finishing 16th then had them 20th the next season.

Hold me back...

We've NEVER appointed a manager with a record as good as this. 

Deary me.

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No manager with a growing reputation is likely to risk it at Aberdeen at the moment.  The whole set up is a massive red flag. 

The only way we'll attract someone of that ilk is if we demonstrate we are serious about making changes to the structure. 

Any manager with a growing rep isn't moving to a SP side outside Celtic or Rangers unless that up and coming manager is from within the Scottish game. 

Even so, I can't recall a time that Celtic or Rangers acquired managers that hadn't been dumped by their previous club, aside from Postecoglou, who IMO, is elite.

I know fans of every club have unrealistic expectations in their ranks, but going by here, social media, interviews with fans etc there's not one manager that everyone will unite behind. Also, it appears many want a manager with contradictory experiences. 

Must have experience of Scotland. Must play "good" football. Must be a manager on the up, can't have been sacked in their career for being shite, can't have applied for the job, but we also don't want a "boring" appointment 

I just want a cunt that wins games, and will understand by every measure the expectation at the football club. There's no way Alex Neil won't know precisely what's expected of him. 

Bring him home. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

We've NEVER appointed a manager with a record as good as this. 

Deary me.

Genuinely true. 

The only other "coup" that could be considered to top that might be Ebbie because he managed some huge clubs, namely Benfica, prior to us. 

We know how that went, though 😃

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Russell said:

Because the whole idea of hiring an interim was to allow ze Germans to assess the structure and provide their recommendations to ensure we get the right guy.

What if they’ve recommended one of the guys that’s applied?

8 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I’ve been told Daniel Stendel… anybody else heard that name?

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

His comedic managing of Hearts should remove any possibility of that. 

And fact apart from current spell at Hannover 96 he's only lasted more than a year (just) at Barnsley since 2016. Think many now naming any and every German just because they discovered review carried out by a German

14 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Any manager with a growing rep isn't moving to a SP side outside Celtic or Rangers unless that up and coming manager is from within the Scottish game. 

Even so, I can't recall a time that Celtic or Rangers acquired managers that hadn't been dumped by their previous club, aside from Postecoglou, who IMO, is elite.

I know fans of every club have unrealistic expectations in their ranks, but going by here, social media, interviews with fans etc there's not one manager that everyone will unite behind. Also, it appears many want a manager with contradictory experiences. 

Must have experience of Scotland. Must play "good" football. Must be a manager on the up, can't have been sacked in their career for being shite, can't have applied for the job, but we also don't want a "boring" appointment 

I just want a cunt that wins games, and will understand by every measure the expectation at the football club. There's no way Alex Neil won't know precisely what's expected of him. 

Bring him home. 

Neil dosnt fit into a club we are trying to be though. He wants to be in control of everything. That’s not how we are going to operate. We need a manager that sings from the same hymn sheet as our director of football and new technical director. He isn’t that man. 

7 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I’m being hypothetical, tord. Russell seems to think we should rule out anyone that dare apply for the job…

Christ you're argumentative. How many of the top jobs go to people that apply? They're all headhunted. I'd wager the best man for the job is someone who actually has a job.