Next Manager

4 minutes ago, Dunty said:

He wasn't cut out for the job and the media pressure, so he left.

We don't need to pay off his contract. Northern Ireland would and that's only if they're sacking him.

Rather than posting you should just silently browse and let the adults talk.

"Might be Ebbe" - he won three league titles and five cups.

Neil Warnock had more promotions on his record than Alex Neil.

Alex Miller & Alex Smith were both previous cup winners as managers before Aberdeen.

Genuinely astonishing the stupidity on this forum.

You're just another big hat logan

Yawn

Blocked

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Definitely a sock puppet account of Big Hat Logan.

Same contrary tone, with multiple quotes replied to.

Why would I need a second account to take apart your posts?

I would say think about it, but not sure you're capable.

23 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Like I say, we had this debate, and you're extremely selective in your stats.

Norwich were six points off top when he took over. They finished third. It was not this miracle people make out.

Sunderland were three points off the top of League 1 with the biggest budget when he worked wonders and got them promoted. 

It does when they've been sacked in three of their last four jobs. The one he wasn't sacked (Sunderland) he walked away six games into the season.

He's literally been getting sacked for falling well below expectations.

How do you know? You don't know who has applied.

Yeh that's fine, but Alex Neil isn't it.

And knowing your posting style on here, you'll be first to call for him to be sacked.

You're also selective in your stats. 

Derek McInnes was sacked from Aberdeen, does that mean he was a bad Aberdeen manager? 

He met expectation in a very good amount of seasons of his football management career. Exceeded them with some clubs. 

It's not selective to say that. If he has met expectation at every club he'd managed for the entirety of his time there he'd probably still be managing in the Premier League, but he's not, which is why we're having this discussion. 

Ok, so getting Sunderland/Norwich promoted with their budget= meeting expectation. 

Let's say he finishes third in his first season with us, is that to be overlooked because that's what he SHOULD do? 

Personally, I'm less likely to call for a manager to be binned if they have any pedigree to hang their hat on. 

Something Glass, Goodwin and Robson didn't. 

As recently as last season he managed to get Sunderland promoted out of third tier at the 4th time of asking, can't have been that easy a job. 

You're acting like football is akin to FIFA or football manager whereby if you've a big budget it just means you'll win games. It all takes a set of skills. 

"Been sacked from 4 of his last five jobs" doesn't mean anything. If he signs for us, he'll more than likely get the punt at some point. That's management. 

IMO, you're off your head. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Dunty said:

He wasn't cut out for the job and the media pressure, so he left.

We don't need to pay off his contract. Northern Ireland would and that's only if they're sacking him.

Rather than posting you should just silently browse and let the adults talk.

"Might be Ebbe" - he won three league titles and five cups.

Neil Warnock had more promotions on his record than Alex Neil.

Alex Miller & Alex Smith were both previous cup winners as managers before Aberdeen.

Genuinely astonishing the stupidity on this forum.

You should also understand I was born in 1995 and wouldn't claim to know the records of Dons managers appointed last century at previous clubs. 

If that makes me stupid, OK 😂

As for the bit in bold, he's got about 35 years in the management game on him you ducking div. What an obvious, pointless statement to make haha. 

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You should also understand I was born in 1995 and wouldn't claim to know the records of Dons managers appointed last century at previous clubs. 

As for the bit in bold, he's got about 35 years in the management game on him you ducking div. What an obvious, pointless statement to make haha. 

Ignore him

He doesn't deserve your time 

Block him actually, I've just done it 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You're also selective in your stats. 

Derek McInnes was sacked from Aberdeen, does that mean he was a bad Aberdeen manager? 

No club bigger than Aberdeen, or on a par with Aberdeen, even considered him after he left Pittodrie. Hearts and Hibs have had vacancies numerous times in the last three years and yet the guy who finished second with Aberdeen and won a trophy wasn't thought of.

That says a lot doesn't it?

For Kilmarnock, their fans would have thought getting him was a coup. Hearts fans wouldn't. 

That's what I think when you try to sell me Alex Neil getting Hamilton promoted then getting sacked every time he's made a step up.

Ok, so getting Sunderland/Norwich promoted with their budget= meeting expectation. 

Let's say he finishes third in his first season with us, is that to be overlooked because that's what he SHOULD do? 

So Barry Robson then? 

Your argument for Alex Neil is he met expectations initially, and that him then failing and having poor results and getting sacked is irrelevant.

That is literally Barry Robson at Aberdeen. 

As recently as last season he managed to get Sunderland promoted out of third tier at the 4th time of asking, can't have been that easy a job. 

🤯

How many times do you need it explained to you?

When he took over Sunderland in February when they were 4th, two points off second.

They finished the season 5th, six points off second.

What's so impressive?

If he signs for us, he'll more than likely get the punt at some point. That's management. 

Yeh that's the level we should be aiming for, someone likely to fail and get sacked, but might have a decent spell for some of it.

• Like 1

🚨🔴 Calling all Top Reds! 🚨🔴

Hey AFC-Chat fam! 🤝 BigJumby here, your ultimate Aberdeen FC hype machine! 🚀🐑 I come bearing important news about our beloved Dons! 🏴

😢 Sad times, my football comrades, as Big Warno has left the building. 😭💔 But fear not! 💪 We, the mighty Top Reds, must rise above the storm and unite like never before! 🤜🤛

📣 Let's show the world that we bleed red for Aberdeen! 🟥👹 It's time for a new chapter, a fresh start, and a whole lot of passion! 💥🔥 Whoever steps into the manager's shoes, let's give 'em the warmest Granite City welcome! 🌆👏

🙌 Now, more than ever, we need the AFC-Chat fam to come together! 💬💯 Tag your fellow Top Reds and spread the love for our team! 🏟️❤️ Let's create a tsunami of support that no one can ignore! 🌊🔴

🚀 Ready for the challenge? TAG 🔟 friends in the comments below and let's make this post go VIRAL! 📈🚀 Our passion knows no bounds, and together, we'll make Aberdeen FC the talk of the town! 🗣️🌐

#TopReds #AberdeenFC #NewBeginnings #RedPassion #TogetherWeStand #BigJumbyOut ✌️💪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Dunty said:

No club bigger than Aberdeen, or on a par with Aberdeen, even considered him after he left Pittodrie. Hearts and Hibs have had vacancies numerous times in the last three years and yet the guy who finished second with Aberdeen and won a trophy wasn't thought of.

That says a lot doesn't it?

For Kilmarnock, their fans would have thought getting him was a coup. Hearts fans wouldn't. 

That's what I think when you try to sell me Alex Neil getting Hamilton promoted then getting sacked every time he's made a step up.

So Barry Robson then? 

Your argument for Alex Neil is he met expectations initially, and that him then failing and having poor results and getting sacked is irrelevant.

That is literally Barry Robson at Aberdeen. 

🤯

When he took over Sunderland in February when they were 4th, two points off second.

What's so impressive?

Yeh that's the level we should be aiming for, someone likely to fail and get sacked, but might have a decent spell for some of it.

fair play to ye, Dunts

19 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You can't say "no previous manager we've ever appointed has a better record", and then when it's pointed out you're nowhere near correct, use "I was born in 1995" as your excuse 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

I know this hasn’t been discussed much, but I wonder if the consultants take into account beards? 

I fucking hope so.

We don't win trophies with bearded managers.

Ergo we should insist the next gaffer is clean shaven at all times, and a non-negotiable part of any offer of employment.

Can get these beard spiders sold for extra transfer ££££ too.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Dunty said:

🤯

What's so impressive?

They finished the season promoted to the Championship, that's impressive.

Third to sixth position is neither here nor there in that they all lead to the playoffs. Only one team can go up via them and that season under Neil, it was Sunderland. That's the only thing that matters.

38 minutes ago, Dunty said:

You can't say "no previous manager we've ever appointed has a better record", and then when it's pointed out you're nowhere near correct, use "I was born in 1995" as your excuse 🤣🤣

"No country has ever tried to take over the world"

"The Germans. Twice"

"Before my time pal"

• Haha 5
13 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

I fucking hope so.

We don't win trophies with bearded managers.

Ergo we should insist the next gaffer is clean shaven at all times, and a non-negotiable part of any offer of employment.

Can get these beard spiders sold for extra transfer ££££ too.

McInnes was clean shaven for the league cup,  correct? On to something. 

Jocky Scott/Willie Miller moustaches are a ok.

15 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

They finished the season promoted to the Championship, that's impressive.

From League One, when more than half the job was find for him before he arrived, and with the biggest budget.

If you're impressed by that I have some magic beans to sell you.

15 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

1 minute ago, Dunty said:

From League One, when more than half the job was find for him before he arrived, and with the biggest budget.

If you're impressed by that I have some magic beans to sell you.

Yes, promotion to the Championship would be from League One.

Neil got them over the line, like it or not, that's the reality of the situation.

In Daily Record online article they're claiming we have or will interview couple of overseas candidates as well as domestic ones. Not sure if it's straight off press conference but quotes from Leven about how he's hoping to stay on as part of coaching team, proud to step up as interim again but acknowledges not enough experience compared to what Board are looking for just now but learning all the time and would love job one day

23 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Yes, promotion to the Championship would be from League One.

Neil got them over the line, like it or not, that's the reality of the situation.

No-one is doubting that. I'm asking what's impressive about it.

18 minutes ago, Dunty said:

No-one is doubting that. I'm asking what's impressive about it.

A question already answered. Promotion.

You were very keen to point out Sunderland were fourth when Neil took over and fifth come the end of the League season. But chose to ignore the season doesn't end if you finish third to sixth, as you enter the Playoffs.

Sunderland won the Playoff Final which saw them promoted to the Championship. No worse than had they finished first or second.

Viewed another way, if you're a Sunderland fan at Wembley watching your team being promoted via the Playoff Final. Are you elated your team's going up? Or are you cursing Alex Neil for failing to maintain fourth position, which would have led you to ... the playoffs?

• Haha 1