Next Manager

4 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Aye Naismith is getting a lot of undue credit for this season. I look at the majority of their team and outwith Shankland, Clark and possibly Kingsley there isn't many I'd have in our team. 

Frankie Kent would be a shoe in for us. 
Good defender & Hearts have not conceded a goal from a set piece this year, largely down to him. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Frankie Kent would be a shoe in for us. 
Good defender & Hearts have not conceded a goal from a set piece this year, largely down to him. 

Aye to be fair I totally forgot about Kent. It was that big tache wearing Aussie donkey Rowles that came to my head when thinking about their centre halves.

Hearts are fucking rank.  It really is funny seeing them applaud Naismith about 3 hours after wanting the wee snapped knee cunt sacked. 

I've seen plenty of Hearts this season to merit saying then are fucking shite.  Unfortunately we have been worse but a bit of savvy from the board(difficult to imagine happening) and we will blow these bottlers to shreds.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Shankland (25) - 53% of 47 goals

Miovski (17) - 36% of 47 goals

Assuming we're hypothetically replacing both strikers with strikers that score 0..

Hearts new GD = -15 (where we are currently)

Aberdeens new GD = -32 (bottom of the league by 3 goals)

Hearts could have gone the season without Shankland and without anyone else scoring any other goals and they'd be where we are. If we do the same hypothetical for Aberdeen and Miovski then we are comfortably bottom of the league and immediately being relegated.

Also, Hearts have had 14 clean sheets this season, we've had 4. 

So even without Shanklands goals to turn those clean sheet draws into wins they'd be ~10 points better off than us and in 6th place.

Quantum leap.

Nobody is saying they aren't ahead of us. But it's absolutely not a "quantum leap". Nothing that a good HoR can't sort in a window. Take Shankland out of their team you are looking at their striking options being Tagawa and Vargas. Neither one of them better than Duk and Sokler. Duk has been a bit part player this season for us and (I think) has more goals than the 2 of them. 

We can overcome them again next season if we get our shit together in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Nobody is saying they aren't ahead of us. But it's absolutely not a "quantum leap". Nothing that a good HoR can't sort in a window. Take Shankland out of their team you are looking at their striking options being Tagawa and Vargas. Neither one of them better than Duk and Sokler. Duk has been a bit part player this season for us and (I think) has more goals than the 2 of them. 

We can overcome them again next season if we get our shit together in the summer. 

Aye right enough, if we remove their best players and replace our worst players and get a decent manager in then we can outperform Hearts next season, which is true of every team in every league.

Zero confidence in Data Dave to make that happen though.

• Dildo 1
13 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Shankland (25) - 53% of 47 goals

Miovski (17) - 36% of 47 goals

Assuming we're hypothetically replacing both strikers with strikers that score 0..

Hearts new GD = -15 (where we are currently)

Aberdeens new GD = -32 (bottom of the league by 3 goals)

Hearts could have gone the season without Shankland and without anyone else scoring any other goals and they'd be where we are. If we do the same hypothetical for Aberdeen and Miovski then we are comfortably bottom of the league and immediately being relegated.

Also, Hearts have had 14 clean sheets this season, we've had 4. 

So even without Shanklands goals to turn those clean sheet draws into wins they'd be ~10 points better off than us and in 6th place.

Quantum leap.

Your 3rd last paragraph is the key one. Not the goals scored. I will reiterate to you again. It is not a quantum leap. 

I hope for your own sanity that you're not attending Dens tonight. 

The boy beni beningame is some player for them as well. can have bad weeks but overall solid.

Anyone that thinks we are a couple players away from hearts needs to take their heed oot their arse. Maybe a couple of players away from top 6 comfortably.

Going to be sickening when we have to do a 10 player rebuild over the summer again but it's very much going to be needed, especially considering the following will be leaving (*likely transfer, #Loan Return).

Roos, Garternmann#, Barron, Duk*, Miovski*, Phillips#, Hayes, Hoilett.

Then you have to add on the absolute dross in the squad or returning to us from loan that isn't even worth the space on the bench...

Mcgarry (maybe harsh but he looks to be made of straw), Shaydo Mo, Ryan Duncan, Jayden Richardson, Anthony Stewart.

8 that will go with another 4/5 that aren't of the quality required.

Big job for whoever comes in.

5 minutes ago, Sheepskin_1903 said:

The boy beni beningame is some player for them as well. can have bad weeks but overall solid.

Anyone that thinks we are a couple players away from hearts needs to take their heed oot their arse. Maybe a couple of players away from top 6 comfortably.

Going to be sickening when we have to do a 10 player rebuild over the summer again but it's very much going to be needed, especially considering the following will be leaving (*likely transfer, #Loan Return).

Roos, Garternmann#, Barron, Duk*, Miovski*, Phillips#, Hayes, Hoilett.

Then you have to add on the absolute dross in the squad or returning to us from loan that isn't even worth the space on the bench...

Mcgarry (maybe harsh but he looks to be made of straw), Shaydo Mo, Ryan Duncan, Jayden Richardson, Anthony Stewart.

8 that will go with another 4/5 that aren't of the quality required.

Big job for whoever comes in.

Lots of those players would be moving on anyway including AStew. A rebuild will thankfully be a relief and a blessing.

1 central defender and a good goalkeeper would see us very close to Hearts almost instantly when you look back at our calamitous defending and abhorrent goalkeeping. The amount of soft pathetic goals we have lost - summed up at St Mirren a couple of weeks back is where we've been capitulating points all season.

3 hours ago, 20two20 said:

I think people just want to see progress.

The glasgow cheeks ruling the league can't last forever, someone has to do it. Hibs are getting a huge cash injection and Hearts are quantum leaps ahead of us at the moment, they're both in far better positions to do it than we are.

The worry isn't that all we're ever going to get is 3rd place and European football, it's that if we don't see consistent improvement and quickly then we're staring at 5th as target for the coming seasons.

Of course the old firm can rule it forever, the entire setup is designed around them for them. Hibs and hearts despite being way better than us are still miles away from the old scum. Rangers were fucking liquidated and are now miles ahead of almost everyone. Any other club would cease to function.

3 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

I assume you were implying we were a hard bunch to please after Robson got us 3rd/group stages and into a cup final?

We also got 0 wins from 12 games against those teams this year....

I was referring more to the McInnes years tbh.

• Like 1

Whoever we choose, and I still remain firmly in trying to do everything to get our Scotland Manager camp, we do need to accept that we must see whoever we appoint as a minimum three year decision. The instability of constantly changing managers, all of which were necessary changes, has, and is doing us untold damage.   We need to plan and invest for the long term now in this choice. 

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Dandie1992 said:

Kelt, you naive little rascal, now look what you've done.

Screenshot-2024-03-13-at-08-56-14.png

And people think AI is clever enough to take over the planet. 

Clearly this particular AI no smarter than a West Coast pundit who thinks AFC should know their place. 

"Haw, man... ye shid pure get Big Deek back, man. Hid ye's playin' some gret fitba, except whin ye pled us, ken." 

NO! That's a BAD ChatGPT. 

11 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Whoever we choose, and I still remain firmly in trying to do everything to get our Scotland Manager camp, we do need to accept that we must see whoever we appoint as a minimum three year decision. The instability of constantly changing managers, all of which were necessary changes, has, and is doing us untold damage.   We need to plan and invest for the long term now in this choice. 

Some  seem to want failure so Cormack will go. Certainly the feeling I get, while others want instant success. 

I'm waiting for the Leven for manager tonight if we win. 

Just now, Dandys1983 said:

Some  seem to want failure so Cormack will go. Certainly the feeling I get, while others want instant success. 

I'm waiting for the Leven for manager tonight if we win. 

Personally i'm more than happy for Cormack to be here for the next 20 years if he learns from his mistakes and appoints a decent manager for a change. I'd also be happy to see some signs of progress by the end of the season and some decent signings in the Summer so we can have some optimism that next season is a marked improvement on this one.

In the meantime Come on Leven's legendary reds.

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Let's get behind the team tonight. 

Once they are safe we can then turn our attentions to the board. 

And be like the Assyrian coming down like a wolf on the fold. 

The fucking cunts. 

1 minute ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

We are gonna be in the first division at this rate. No signs of any recovery here and its mostly all on you Cormack!

What was the point of sacking Robson with no better manager lined up to replace him?How were things gonna improve with no manager?

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, ERNIE said:

What was the point of sacking Robson with no better manager lined up to replace him?How were things gonna improve with no manager?

Just get fucked Ernie ffs, absolutely no cunt can be arsed listening to your shite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 8
  • Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Get in a better manager. 

Which is nae difficult if comparing to Barry Robson 

5 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

It is a fucking shambles and has been since swiss tony came give or take a few months under Robson. Also doesnt help that we have assembled a team of players with no courage or fight.