Next Manager

With the various contenders and favorites ruling themselves out, plus 400 pages of speculation, I think it’s fair to say the appointment could come as a complete surprise. Surely the club won’t shoot through 4 managers, one euro consultancy, a dogshit season and then just appoint some Scottish staple that’s been punted by 3 teams around us? Surely…

1 minute ago, Dunty said:

Rogier Miejer, has taken NEC Nijmegen to the Dutch Cup final and yesterday handed PSV Eindhoven their first defeat of the season.

Probs primed for one of the bigger jobs in the Netherlands or Bundesliga 2/Lower half bundesliga. 

7 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Rogier Miejer, has taken NEC Nijmegen to the Dutch Cup final and yesterday handed PSV Eindhoven their first defeat of the season.

Class celebrations at Italia 90 as well.

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, Dons79 said:

You’re just cherry picking your arguments now. 

I wasn't arguing I was discussing. It's an observation. When we stuck to the same team week in week out the posse of nay sayers on here were ranting on about how stubborn Barry was. Then we played some minor game / friendly and the general opinion of those who saw it was they could understand why Barry hadn't changed it because everybody else was miles off the mark.

We have gutted our squad each of the last three seasons. Difficult to fine tune when you keep changing out half the team.

1 minute ago, RedRevolution said:

I wasn't arguing I was discussing. It's an observation. When we stuck to the same team week in week out the posse of nay sayers on here were ranting on about how stubborn Barry was. Then we played some minor game / friendly and the general opinion of those who saw it was they could understand why Barry hadn't changed it because everybody else was miles off the mark.

We have gutted our squad each of the last three seasons. Difficult to fine tune when you keep changing out half the team.

That's on the people who have put this 'structure' in place, it would suggest that they don't have a fucking clue as this will be another summer of a high turnover of players.

This is probably as fanciful as most of the other scoops on here. Just had a conversation with a media guy I know and he thinks we are after a Spaniard. I have no idea who it is and he wouldn't say more. Not that we've got him - just we are in talks with him. Any suggestions? Anybody else heard it?

2 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

This is probably as fanciful as most of the other scoops on here. Just had a conversation with a media guy I know and he thinks we are after a Spaniard. I have no idea who it is and he wouldn't say more. Not that we've got him - just we are in talks with him. Any suggestions? Anybody else heard it?

It's Manuel from Fawlty Towers. Should fit in well... 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Rafa Benitez

12 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Alessadro Neil

Miguel Neilo

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Julio Teuchtero

46 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

That rounds it down to 48 million. Surely we are able to pinpoint a name from this vital tidbit.