Next Manager

Yes, and it’s a valid point that it might be a “two manager process” to get us from here to there.  But I’m still happy to look for the magic ticket, the manager that’ll do both stages, stability AND growth especially now the relegation threat has reduced.

Stewarts suggestions seemed to write that possibility off from the outset.

24 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Against Motherwell belted the woodwork and rebound came to Clarkson to score. Keeper had a great save from a raker of a shot. Didn’t score but great efforts and unlucky not to score. 

Scored for North Macedonia. 

Safe to say he played a significant part in our first goal yesterday. Has it been confirmed as an own goal? Everything I’m seeing has it as Miovski’s goal. 

I don’t think you don’t need to worry about Miovski. 

I absolutely take your point but could also be argued slating our only shining light, 22 goals in a dire team, is destructive. 

Stop replying/quoting the attention seeking prick. 

29 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Cormack, Burrows and Gunn must have breathed a sigh of relief when the final whistle went yesterday. Not counting too many chickens yet, but that released the pressure. 

I do suspect that Leven will be in charge up to, if not beyond, the semi final. 

Hopefully we'll go into the last 5 games with the threat of relegation more or less gone. Makes everything mch easier. 

I’m sure as this season has proved we will put ourselves back under pressure pretty soon. 

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

I can understand why you say that about commitment level. I would suggest that they are always trying to give everything . But mindset is a key factor and Warnock got that wrong.  He had them so fired up about the battle, giving your all, winning second balls, clearing your lines that touch, composure, passing and movement and creativity evaporated . Levin has got them back focussing on those things and reminding them they can play.  Even then, like yesterday we were erratic , giving the ball away, launching it sixty yards etc. Choosing a difficult pass when an easier pass was on .  When you’re all fired up trying to win the ball and fight for possession your mind’s in fight mode - it’s really difficult to switch to quality of touch and pass the second you win the ball. Your adrenalin is high and you have to control your state . One of the best examples of someone who could do that was Geoffrey de vischer - he woul perceptibly slow down the instant he got the ball and his touch would be great . 

unfortunately - Warnock pushed the wrong buttons for the type of players in our squad 

Was not expecting this to be where this post was going but I'm here for it. Bit of a throwback. 

Agree with the sentiment though. Football management should be about evaluating what you have and playing to their strengths. Anyone with a bit of sense should look at our squad and think it's not the toughest group but there is enough there to get us out of a relegation scrap by playing some football... Surely. Neither Robson or Warnock did that.

A fair bit of revisionism around Warnock on here as well. I was on board for his appointment because it gave the board some time and commercially gave the fans something to talk about after Robson's dire tenure. But Warnock had clearly underestimated Scottish football. You can argue until your blue in the face whether our players are too soft to deal with his management but he was still a blatant failure. Chopped and changed every week and didn't get a win in the league. I don't think he even thought he could turn it around.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Sorry I wasn't necessarily implying that you were arrogant - I just feel we have absolutely no devine right to think we can go through a season only losing 9 or 10 games - especially after what Cormack has turned us into. We're years away from that in my opinion.

Sydney Devine? 

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Maybe you could use your inside knowledge to find out something useful like who the next manager will be, rather than run this nonsense story? Ta x

That's on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know, sorry.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

Strikers and Goalkeepers have the same issue. Need confidence and the players around them to do their jobs. If not they suffer 

Ah right 

So when he was scoring it was despite service but now he isn't it's because of service?

Why are people so slow to criticise?

50 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Against Motherwell belted the woodwork and rebound came to Clarkson to score. Keeper had a great save from a raker of a shot. Didn’t score but great efforts and unlucky not to score. 

Scored for North Macedonia. 

Safe to say he played a significant part in our first goal yesterday. Has it been confirmed as an own goal? Everything I’m seeing has it as Miovski’s goal. 

I don’t think you don’t need to worry about Miovski. 

I absolutely take your point but could also be argued slating our only shining light, 22 goals in a dire team, is destructive. 

Since you brought Macedonia into it

3 in 22?

Heard all this keep the 'interm' manger before, fuck that.

New manager in and sort these clowns out, anyone that things yesterdays performance was enough needs there head looked at, several players didnt turn up and dont look arsed, on another day and without a few saves from roos we could have been 3 down. 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Ah right 

So when he was scoring it was despite service but now he isn't it's because of service?

Why are people so slow to criticise?

No when he was scoring he finished our chances. He had confidence. Not many strikers score every game. Warnock factor certainly seemed to change him for the worse 

15 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

New manager in and sort these clowns out, anyone that things yesterdays performance was enough needs there head looked at, several players didnt turn up and dont look arsed, on another day and without a few saves from roos we could have been 3 down. 

Eh. So you're suggesting after going 1-0 up, if it weren't for Roos saves we could have been 4-1 down? Settle. 

1 minute ago, RabidGiraffe said:

We want the new manager in as soon as possible so he can assess the squad and have some input into the summer recruitment.  Last thing we need is for him to be reliant on any assessments provided by anyone on the FMB. 

Goes back to the Mikey Stewart debate.  Last thing we want to do is wait till summer with a questionable squad and go, TAA DAA it’s Lennon, or Martindale, or insert any other uninspiring name.

18 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I don’t think there was any chance of us being 3 down to them yesterday when they only had 3 shots on target the whole game. Roos only made 2 saves and one was straight at him. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Goes back to the Mikey Stewart debate.  Last thing we want to do is wait till summer with a questionable squad and go, TAA DAA it’s Lennon, or Martindale, or insert any other uninspiring name.

I should have said the right new manager.  If we have to wait until the end of the season to get our man then I'd rather do that than have Lennon or some other mince.  Ideally we can bring whoever it is in now so they can assess the squad with their own eyes.

53 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I feel were suffering and have been fully exposed to a shite transfer window/policy in the summer then again from Cormack failing to act in January. 

Our demise is down to the ownership/running of the club. I cannot get myself away from that train of thought.

Aye, when you add that into the mix as well, you don't have to look far for reasons of failure. I said at the start of the season  we had signed quantity over quality. Granted we lost out on a number of targets but sometimes there are the odd gems in our own league. Armstrong at Killie for example, is miles better than what we brought in.

32 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

No when he was scoring he finished our chances. He had confidence. Not many strikers score every game. Warnock factor certainly seemed to change him for the worse 

I get that

But

0 in 8

10 from open play in 31

It's not scintillating, is it?

3 in 22 for his country 

15 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

You’re reinforcing my point by continuing to slate our only shining light this season. 

Destructive. 

I'm not slating him

He's been superb for large spells

But he's been keech for the last 8

It's not rocket science 

When he scores I like him, when he doesn't for 8 games, I dont

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'm not slating him

He's been superb for large spells

But he's been keech for the last 8

It's not rocket science