Next Manager

1 minute ago, Max_AFC said:

If Leven continues to get a tune out of this squad does he become a genuine candidate…… 

Another managerial appointment who isn't a manager?

"Its the last thing they'll be expecting. A daylight charge over the minefield!"

spacer.png

• Haha 3
Just now, DandyDon80 said:

Even if Leven wins the remaining league fixtures and lifts the cup, he shouldn't be considered. We need experience and stability for a few seasons at least 

If he wins the cup, he can come and live in my house!

8 minutes ago, DandyDon80 said:

Even if Leven wins the remaining league fixtures and lifts the cup, he shouldn't be considered. We need experience and stability for a few seasons at least 

Anyone who wins the cup can get the job.

However, there is no way Leven should have the opportunity to win the cup, as the final is the last game of the season. 

I expect a new manager at least 6 weeks before that. If not the club has failed...... again!

15 minutes ago, Max_AFC said:

If Leven continues to get a tune out of this squad does he become a genuine candidate…… 

NGL - Actually had this thought too, checked his wikipedia, remembered his media line about not wanting anything to do with it. And then the thought drifted into the darkness - where it shall remain...

Any more cryptic flags from around Europe or are we with the Swede after summer?

12 minutes ago, virtualmontana said:

NGL - Actually had this thought too, checked his wikipedia, remembered his media line about not wanting anything to do with it. And then the thought drifted into the darkness - where it shall remain...

Any more cryptic flags from around Europe or are we with the Swede after summer?

Has a decent CV and prior international management experience, certainly more experience than Glass and Robson. 

Miller highlighted post Celtic draw that Leven was certainly an option for the caretaker role and arguably that may still prove to be the case if he can help lead us to league safety and possibly a cup final. 

Agree the preference is for a significantly more experienced manager however we explored this route with Warnock. Leads me to wonder if Leven can still position himself as part of any future coaching staff / management team. 

I do hope Leven will be part of any future coaching staff, he has knowledge of the squad and hopefully will prevent the inevitable “everyone gets a clean slate” pish that’s normally rolled out when a new manager gets appointed.

Even more so if it’s a foreign manager we do finally appoint.

• Upvote 1

Steady progress towards 500 - good to see...

Leven in another universe - may actually have some merit, however we are in a universe of

1 PE Teacher,

2 symetrically bearded wonder,

3 and nosepick guy being in charge. 

The time for 'organic' managers gone. I don't think anyone in our support or judging this thread - we need something 'more'..