Next Manager

6 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ffs we were never going to appoint a manager on April 1st. 
Club aren’t that ‘foolish’ (yet) to give press such easy headlines 🤣 

Today was a day of zero expectations. Save frustration for tomorrow 🤣

I get the April 1st piece, but seriously its been two months and we have heard very little from within the club other than we are taking longer than expected. If we have not appointed someone before the weekend, I think it would be fair to sound the alarm bells. 

7 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Why didn’t he pick him after he turned 16 then? 

Injuries and covid19. Was a weird situation where youth teams weren’t able to mix with first team for a while. I’m not saying he’d have been a regular at 16 but would have been included. Mcinnes spoke about Ramsay at the agm in 2019 I believe. 

20 minutes ago, RUL said:

Injuries and covid19. Was a weird situation where youth teams weren’t able to mix with first team for a while. I’m not saying he’d have been a regular at 16 but would have been included. Mcinnes spoke about Ramsay at the agm in 2019 I believe. 

Hmmm he made his debut pretty much the game after McInnes left. 

• Upvote 2

So what seems that an eternity ago Warnock sneaked off claiming that we were in the advanced stages of appointing a permanent manager. 

Last week Burrows claimed that we were in the final stages of appointing that manager.

However it is over 2 months since Robson was fired and, yet, it would appear that we are no further forward in securing a replacement. 

This does not bode well for the summer recruitment rebuild. 

How can we entice decent new players if we cannot entice the calibre of manager we most definitely require. 

Whilst it is often desirable for good communication from the club it has surely came to the time for action and not just talk.

We simply have to appoint a manager before the split so that the squad can be assessed and the summer recruitment drive can be supervised all in good time.

If the club cannot deliver such an important task what hope do we have for the seasons ahead and why should fans continue to buy season tickets and support AberDNA?

Get it sorted Cormack and Co, the clock is ticking.

Appointment? 

NEVER.

.... and if it must be so we wait until the Semi Final and come back stronger than ever.

You can take our league points but you can never take our FREEDOM

FFFFFFFFREEEEEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMM

47 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Today is the day!

👀

Birds flying high
You know how I feel
Sun in the sky
You know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by
You know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm Thelin good
I'm Thelin good

Fish in the sea
You know how I feel
River running free
You know how I feel
Blossom on a tree
You know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm Thelin good

Dragonfly out in the sun, you know what I mean, don't you know
Butterflies all havin' fun, you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done, that's what I mean
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me
For me
Stars when you shine
You know how I feel
Scent of the pine
You know how I feel
Oh, freedom is mine
And I know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
It's a new life
For me
And I'm Thelin good
I'm  Thelin good

I Thelin so good
I Thelin so good
  • Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Mcinnes had 8 fkn years to boost his ‘giving youth a chance’ figures

Every manager since has had 1 year at best 🤣

Ffs min.

or do you expect each manager since to have the same number of ‘blooded’ youths as Mcinnes had in 8 years in 1 year? Or even all their combined years that still aren’t close to his 8 years?

The list you compiled for his 8+ years also reeks of desperation to boost his ‘stats’ without considering actual circumstances around their ‘chances’

Forgive me if I am wrong & he gave that hugely impressive list ‘a chance’ in one single season or even all the managers since ‘combined’ 🤣

We also have to consider the actual quality/amount of viable young players coming through 

Dont think anyone has suggested a manager should play that many young players in 1 season at all. 

its just demonstrating the fact that Ramsay would have played under mcinnes. 

the other gadge is claiming he’d have been blocked and sent to Peterhead and shay Logan would have been starting. Which would be quite a turn around considering he barely played Logan then loaned him out during his last window. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
38 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Dont think anyone has suggested a manager should play that many young players in 1 season at all. 

its just demonstrating the fact that Ramsay would have played under mcinnes. 

the other gadge is claiming he’d have been blocked and sent to Peterhead and shay Logan would have been starting. Which would be quite a turn around considering he barely played Logan then loaned him out during his last window. 

Thanks for saving my time responding to that wall of missing the point.

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

I suppose we're comparing something that's only been put in place 2 and bit years ago but over time it will pay back a lot more than the old style, it's a much more sustainable way of recruiting.

Hope so. If we do it right. 

£500k for Guèye, £300k on Richardson and similar for Morris and then giving them all away for nothing is going to balance out ins/outs like Ramadani

the huge money we’ve generated the last few years has all been youth players and selling mcinnes signings. 

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Hope so. If we do it right. 

£500k for Guèye, £300k on Richardson and similar for Morris and then giving them all away for nothing is going to balance out ins/outs like Ramadani

the huge money we’ve generated the last few years has all been youth players and selling mcinnes signings. 

I very much doubt we paid those amounts fully upfront, it'll be performance based but aye it's not good when a signing is as poor as those.

I guess sometimes you have to caveat the “poor recruitment” with whatever it was the manager told the team he wanted - didn’t Goodwin mention he was after athletic players, seemingly ahead of technical ability? Richardson is some athlete but does not have a footballing brain in his body. Similar with Robson wanting pace - Morris is rapid but one of the worst footballers I’ve seen in a long time. We’re told scouts watch them in person & report back - would like to know what the reports on those two (and Guèye) were. Either the scouts are blind or were overruled by the manager.