Next Manager

4 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

Had to laugh at him saying he's still in the early stages of his managerial career. Sounds like he's been coaching at some level since 2005 and managing at a decent level since 2014. A lot more experience than Tom has suggested.

Tom English is an imbicile.  I'm not sure he's said anything of value other than when he tore Alex Rae a new one when he claimed, after they died, that 'the Scottish league needs a strong Rainjursh'.

48 minutes ago, davierobb said:

If it is Thelin is there any way he can come in before the end of the season and if not why not.

Maybe Tom English was only quoting what he's read on here, but we appear to be part of a chain. 

We want Thelin, Elfsborg won't let him go until they can get his replacement, the man they want is at AaB in Denmark and they won't let him go until the end of their season because they are chasing promotion. 

8 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Maybe Tom English was only quoting what he's read on here, but we appear to be part of a chain. 

We want Thelin, Elfsborg won't let him go until they can get his replacement, the man they want is at AaB in Denmark and they won't let him go until the end of their season because they are chasing promotion. 

It’s a good thing I think - Thelin appears to have principles and won’t just piss off to the first championship club to flash their knickers at him.

After he’s won us the treble 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, NEM said:

It’s a good thing I think - Thelin appears to have principles and won’t just piss off to the first championship club to flash their knickers at him.

After he’s won us the treble 

And then the Champions League.

I don’t think this neep is concomitant to Aberdeen if he’s waiting until June to come in. Shit ton of work required for him to realise (& begin to fix) just how poor a squad we have. 

He essentially has about 3-4 ‘first team’ players at very best to build from & 99.9% chance that 2 of them are gone.

He needs to sign a whole first 11 standard bunch of players at very least. He simply cannot be signing ‘squad’ players because we’re saddled with a squad full of them already.

If I see any transfer rumoured players that anyone is content with us signing as ‘ok as squad player’ then I hope you piss lemon juice & shite sea urchins (the venomous kind) every time there’s a VAR delay next season

• Dildo 1
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I don’t think this neep is concomitant to Aberdeen if he’s waiting until June to come in. Shit ton of work required for him to realise (& begin to fix) just how poor a squad we have. 

He essentially has about 3-4 ‘first team’ players at very best to build from & 99.9% chance that 2 of them are gone.

He needs to sign a whole first 11 standard bunch of players at very least. He simply cannot be signing ‘squad’ players because we’re saddled with a squad full of them already.

If I see any transfer rumoured players that anyone is content with us signing as ‘ok as squad player’ then I hope you piss lemon juice & shite sea urchins (the venomous kind) every time there’s a VAR delay next season

Thanks for your input Traynor.  Succulent lamb for your Sunday roast tomorrow?

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

It's his managerial record that ticks the boxes, not his nationality.

The reason people don't want any of the Scottish or Irish candidates, is not because they're Scottish or Irish, but because they are shit.  
Alex Neil has done well, but he is on a bit of a downward spiral now-  as Jimmy C said, "shelf life".

Like McInnes when he joined us 

15 hours ago, slippers said:

Well said.

Malay Mackay Jesus fukin Christ. You think we should be appointing a manager that was sacked by a team fighting relegation.

Like McInnes when he joined us ?

But no, that shouldn’t be one of the requirements …..nor should it hecessarily rule anyone out

6 hours ago, redone said:

Like McInnes when he joined us 

Like McInnes when he joined us ?

But no, that shouldn’t be one of the requirements …..nor should it hecessarily rule anyone out

Listen to yourself 🤣 so mcinnes has been on a downward spiral since he was sacked by Bristol City? Wise up min, he peaked at us. What a ridiculous statement.

And on the 2nd part there's a difference appointing a team fighting relegation in the championship to our OWN FUCKING LEAGUE! If we wanted someone to take us to relegations battles in our league we could have just kept Robson.

10 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If he comes, we’ll need to trust the guy to know what’s he’s doing.

The whole reason he is rated in Sweden is he can work with a squad and build it over time finding bargains which he can turn into players in his system. 

He’s not highly regarded because he’s some sort of a chequebook manager.

Quite possible he’ll sign players we think are going to be “squad” players but they are important pieces of the team- we won’t know until we see the development of the squad and team over time.

47 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Listen to yourself 🤣 so mcinnes has been on a downward spiral since he was sacked by Bristol City? Wise up min, he peaked at us. What a ridiculous statement.

And on the 2nd part there's a difference appointing a team fighting relegation in the championship to our OWN FUCKING LEAGUE! If we wanted someone to take us to relegations battles in our league we could have just kept Robson.

Well done on missing the point completely.   McInnes was on a downward trajectory at the point he joined us ….I’m not talking about what he subsequently achieved with us and now Killie.

As for the team fighting relegation , it’s the status and realistic aims of the club involved that’s most relevant.    For Ross County , it’s pretty much expected that they’re going to be in a relegation battle whenever they’re in the top flight.  So for McKay to get top 6 was actually remarkable.

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Peaked with us? I genuinely think you could make an argument that what he has achieved this year with Kilmarnock on their budget is better than his tenure with us. A fantastic season from Derek.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Peaked with us? I genuinely think you could make an argument that what he has achieved this year with Kilmarnock on their budget is better than his tenure with us. A fantastic season from Derek.

And without Docherty who has got Dundee into top 6 in his first season.

20 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Yes, but that was kind of expected of him, to make them better than they were.

Lets see what he now does with it (his key failing with us - failure, or lack of ambition or inability to work with others or whatever it was, to build).

26 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Think the likes of Plymouth,Huddersfield etc might be having a look at what he's done.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

And without a plastic pitch to blame.

oh, wait…

Will be interesting to see how they perform on a ‘level (grass) playing field’ next season!

in fact, will be great to be rid of all plastic in the top division next season. Should never be allowed regardless of the financial implications.

If you can’t afford to sit at the top table then feck off to a level that you can afford!🤬

45 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

Will be interesting to see how they perform on a ‘level (grass) playing field’ next season!

in fact, will be great to be rid of all plastic in the top division next season. Should never be allowed regardless of the financial implications.

If you can’t afford to sit at the top table then feck off to a level that you can afford!🤬

It's the season after next that Killie plan to have a grass pitch for.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye.

Tomorrow morning there’s a meeting with the staff, then a press conference.

But he won’t be starting officially until probably Mon Jun 3rd. 

Well, do you know that for a fact though or are you simply repeating what we have all read already?

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye.

Won't get a scarf above the head pic taken in Aberdeen tomorrow as Elfsborg have a game tomorrow evening 

7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye.

Will today's result in Dingwall put the brakes on any announcement this week, or next given it's SCSF ?

Personally, I cannot see either party wanting to commit until the uncertainty is removed