Next Manager

Just now, minijc said:

See I don't think he has, when you change from the style McInnes had us playing to what he wanted Glass to do, that idea needs way more time and support, granted he was shit and needed sacked but he was dealt a shit hand with no HoR.

We then abandoned that idea with two managers, both of them played a basic type of football that easy to implement yet failed, we definitely persisted a bit longer with them than we should have.

Thelin in my opinion due to his philosophy needs the most time as that whole style of play will take a while to implement, some top coaches at elite clubs have struggled and they had the benefit of an understanding owner, fans who were on the same page and a gigantic budget.

Exactly. 

Plus there's only one player in our current squad that would get into our 2015 - 17 side so if folk want us to be better than that we've got a fair bit if work to do recruitment wise and that will take time. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Exactly. 

Plus there's only one player in our current squad that would get into our 2015 - 17 side so if folk want us to be better than that we've got a fair bit if work to do recruitment wise and that will take time. 

Maybe it's a good thing the last 3 years have been terrible as it should wake a few people up and allow them to be open to having a coach with an actual philosophy implement it on to the team.

It's not going to be easy, there are a lot of issue that need fixed, a seriously good window this summer will go a long way but even then it's not going to be a smooth ride.

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Soon as we get someone better, it'll stop

The only point in sacking Mcinnes was to get someone better which we have failed to do apart from brief spells under  Goodwin and Robson.So 3 wasted years and a lot of cash wasted here we are.Hopefully though this new guy is better than Mcinnes and Cormack allows him to manage.

• Upvote 1
Just now, minijc said:

Maybe it's a good thing the last 3 years have been terrible as it should wake a few people up and allow them to be open to having a coach with an actual philosophy implement it on to the team.

It's not going to be easy, there are a lot of issue that need fixed, a seriously good window this summer will go a long way but even then it's not going to be a smooth ride.

You would hope so but I feel that some people are just in a cycle now where they expect a new manager to come in and work miracles immediately and if they don't then they should be binned straight away for the next guy.  I'm not sure some realise how far we have slipped, the wee run at the end of last season was both a blessing and a curse as it papered over a fair few cracks. 

Sadly, if the new guy was to lose 2 of his first 3 games there would be folk on his back straight away. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Soon as we get someone better, it'll stop

Doesn’t necessarily have to be better.   Even just about the same would be acceptable

Although if the new guy were to get similar results to McInnes for the first two or three seasons he’d probably be wanted by bigger clubs.  The Huns could well be looking for a new manager by then.

Just now, ERNIE said:

The only point in sacking Mcinnes was to get someone better which we have failed to do apart from brief spells under  Goodwin and Robson.So 3 wasted years and a lot of cash wasted here we are.Hopefully though this new guy is better than Mcinnes and Cormack allows him to manage.

I'm 100% with you on that. Cormack royally fucked up getting rid of McInnes gloating to the press that Aberdeen can demand/want more than 1 cup win.

Well Mr Cormack you came in and upset the applecart and have taken us rapidly backwards on a journey of self made self destruction.  

In the meantime the man he got rid of has taken a team on half our budget ahead of us and almost guaranteed back into Europe. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

All we can ask for.

Although to be fair, all we did ask for!

Thelin does look like a really good potential appointment. 

It will take time for us to bring improvement from where we currently are, but, as someone approaching 60, after over 50 years as a Dons supporter, I am prepared to be patient because I really rate this manager and believe that he will be backed to be a success. 

5 minutes ago, redone said:

Doesn’t necessarily have to be better.   Even just about the same would be acceptable

Although if the new guy were to get similar results to McInnes for the first two or three seasons he’d probably be wanted by bigger clubs.  The Huns could well be looking for a new manager by then.

Definitely fishing but I’ll bite anyway.

Is that not better than having a guy they wouldn’t touch (for footballing reasons)?

14 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Definitely fishing but I’ll bite anyway.

Is that not better than having a guy they wouldn’t touch (for footballing reasons)?

Absolutely.  I hope to fuck our manager , whether that’s Jimmy Tellinn or anyone else comes on the radar of clubs further up the food chain (though preferably outwith Scotland) as that would mean he had us doing well.

Not fishing

2 minutes ago, JumboJET said:

Hi all. 

How would you rank AFC (permanent) managers since Jimmy? And why? 

Here is my list:

1. Jimmy
  2. Warnock
  3. McInnes
  4. Broonzer
  5. Robson
  6. Glass
  7. Goodwin 
  8. McGhee

I mean, with the exception of McInnes, they've all been fucking horrifying. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
35 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You would hope so but I feel that some people are just in a cycle now where they expect a new manager to come in and work miracles immediately and if they don't then they should be binned straight away for the next guy.  I'm not sure some realise how far we have slipped, the wee run at the end of last season was both a blessing and a curse as it papered over a fair few cracks. 

Sadly, if the new guy was to lose 2 of his first 3 games there would be folk on his back straight away. 

That’s because there are fans who, let’s face it, are utterly clueless about football. Take the guy arguing about offside laws in the livi thread, multiple posters corrected him but still seems to think he’s right.

36 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That’s because there are fans who, let’s face it, are utterly clueless about football. Take the guy arguing about offside laws in the livi thread, multiple posters corrected him but still seems to think he’s right.

54 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

To be fair Clement who’s been disappointingly decent for the Hun was arguably 3 late penalties away from the boot in December.  Criticism goes with the job.

13 minutes ago, Russell said:

I'm hearing there are fans who, let’s face it, are utterly clueless about football. Take the guy arguing about offside laws in the livi thread, multiple posters corrected him but still seems to think he’s right.

SIN-BINNED

20 minutes ago, JumboJET said:

Apologies. I should have said since Pele.

Calderwood built the shitbaggiest squad of players in living history, until this lot. 

Toss up between Jimmy's Shitbags and Glass/Goodwin/Robson/Warnock/Leven's Shitbags to determine who are the shitbaggiest, but both squads are strong, strong contenders.