Next Manager

8 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Supposedly blocked yet I’m the first poster you think of at any given time. 

Calling you out as being a beige and uninteresting person really hit the mark I guess

Watch yourself there, BHL.

MT is one of the most influential posters on here, in terms of what content is allowed to be posted and remain so, and what content can or should be deleted. 

13 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

Assuming Jimmy is JC

1 McInnes - he won something and his record over time was decent has to be first.

2 Calderwood - got us a European run and got us beating the old firm again after years of torture - he made us feel like a real club again

3 Robson - He got third out of nowhere - we seem to forget that little miracle, didnt get embarrassed in Europe, nearly won a cup and deserved more time 

4 Brown - steadied a ship in choppy waters on a much poorer budget than any who occupied the seat after his appointment

5 Glass - Some of our possession play was really good - against the Hun at Pittodrie something like 65% possession. Needed time to get it right which doesn't happen with our support. If he had Miovski instead of Ramirez pulling a caravan through the sand dunes chasing a ball it would have been a different story.

6 - Goodwin - negligent, disrespectful of all the players and club standards in dealing with releasing players, ego the size of a planet - worst AFC POTY dinner ever as he paraded the guilty men before the shocked audience - you have to wonder what the F he was on.

7 McGhee - Sigma Olomouc - 9-0 - I wanted the Celtic job OMG what a disaster - tragic for someone who was a legend to fuck it up so badly

😂

Possibly the most ridiculous post I've read on this forum, well done

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

I still think there's a tendency to over-romanticise what was still a bad appointment and period for the club. Definitely didn't have us routinely playing good football.

Spot on.  Revisionist nonsense claiming Glass had us playing good football.  100 passes along the backline before a hoof up the park which was usually returned over the top of our awol full backs. It was fucking crap.

His goal difference while our manager was minus 4. 

Just now, Weir on the wing said:

What happened with Goodwin at the POTY dinner?

I don’t remember this incident, although clearly I didn’t attend!

Word is that he drank a Shiraz with his sticky toffee pudding.

The monster.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, DD1903 said:

It was pretty obvious early on that his style and formation wasn’t working - teams worked it out early on and took advantage. Diagonal ball into the space left by the full backs…goal. Glass didn’t change it, and still hasn’t in his current post. He was his own worst enemy in that he was too naive to think it would eventually work or that he was stubbornly sticking with it. All his own doing really. Along with buying Gurr, JET etc…

Glass came in and kept no clean sheets the rest of the season and managed only 5 in his 40 games. Something was fundamentally wrong either about the set up of the team or his ability to coach a defence. 

We'd kept a huge 20 clean sheets between McInnes and Sheerin up to the point he became manager the season before. 

The last 3 managers have all struggled to not concede at least a goal every game which makes it very difficult to win games and be successful. 

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Adogcalledspot said:

Passed Colgate park les than 30 minutes ago. Loads of cars . Than again it’s the nicest day in ages they may actually be thinking they can train there. 
oh at my time of passing no one was outside  10:30am. 

More likely to be related to our U-18 game v Rangers which klcked off at 2pm. 

Oscar Hiljemark who Elfsborg are supposedly after to replace JT is top of Danish First Division with AaB and they have post split games until 2nd June to secure promotion so that could hold us up from getting JT earlier than 1st June 

5 hours ago, dave_min said:

Word is that he drank a Shiraz with his sticky toffee pudding.

The monster.

If he hadn't fallen out with Vinnie he'd have had a sticky toffee pudding expert on hand to advise correct protocol 

9 hours ago, a don in oz said:

No. I've not. I said he tried to get us playing good football and we routinely did; just with no end product. I stand by that.

Suppose it depends what you class as good football

If passing it about between our defence with absolutely zero penetration is good football, then, yeah 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Suppose it depends what you class as good football

If passing it about between our defence with absolutely zero penetration is good football, then, yeah 

And playing about 5 central midfielders.

Ojo on the left wing FFS.

Folk are re-writing history.

Glass was out of his depth, albeit not helped by not having an HoR to oversee & help with recruitment, & no experienced assistant manager either 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Anyone else concerned that we’re getting Swedens most boring man? spacer.png

He doesn't need to be a rock star,  he doesn't need the artistic cultural capital of an Arild Stavrum, or the indie record collection of a Pat Nevin. He just needs to win games. 

2 hours ago, Hoppy said:

Who gives a fuck if he's boring or entertaining as long as he's winning football matches.  Managers talk too much theses days anyway.

exactly, managers, players, just spout the same cliched nonsense week in week out anyway. 
anyone seeking some insightful ,thought provoking message shall remain disappointed