7/2 Neil Lennon

6/1 Gary Rowett

6/1 Neil Warnock(Permanent)

8/1 Michael Flynn

10/1 Derek Mcinnes

10/1 Gary Monk.

16/1 others.

Not a single foreign manager on list lol. All the usual suspects 🥱 

If we would just show some ambition & actually pay what’s required for a higher profile manager. It’s the only way any club outwith the arse cheeks can make any kind of real statement of intent. Higher risks for higher rewards. Even having a higher profile manager in that can show publicly just how fkd up Scottish football is would be a start

26 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Latest Manager Odds Bet 365.

7/4 Alex Neil - most recently sacked from Stoke with them 20th in Championship.

7/2 Scott Parker - most recently sacked from Brugge after 2 wins in 12

7/2 Neil Lennon - FUCK OFF

6/1 Gary Rowett - most recently sacked by Millwall after 4 wins in 12

6/1 Neil Warnock(Permanent) - not happening, won't be here permanently

8/1 Michael Flynn - most recently sacked by Swindon after losing 10 of last 15 games

10/1 Derek Mcinnes - Wouldn't come back, wouldn't want him back

10/1 Gary Monk.- most recently sacked by Sheffield Wednesday with them 2nd bottom of league and out of work for 3 years.

16/1 others.

The club better have more ambition than any of the above.

9 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

The club better have more ambition than any of the above.

And what would you expect? Let's think about this seriously and logically.

Aberdeen is a good position for someone but Scottish Football is a dead duck on current basis. Who is genuinely going to give their all to something where the league and VAR favours a title run in that assists 2 teams only.

So ambition, who is the ambitious appointment? The latest odds is probably where we are as a club. Same for anyone in the league (outwith the cunts).

Alex Neil. 

Makes the most sense. Give him time to build something, he's got a track record. 

Don't envisage him wanting a return to Scotland but I suspect he's not got options flooding in. Might fancy waiting for the manager merry go round in the English championship to pick up again, but if we're serious and can table him a good offer, then we might interest him. 

That's been my pick since September when we knew Barry wouldn't work.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Aberdeen is a good position for someone but Scottish Football is a dead duck on current basis. Who is genuinely going to give their all to something where the league and VAR favours a title run in that assists 2 teams only.

So ambition, who is the ambitious appointment? The latest odds is probably where we are as a club. Same for anyone in the league (outwith the cunts).

We've been searching the world for new signings over the past few seasons taking in players from USA, Canada, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Montenegro, Denmark, Finland. Portugal (Cape Verde), Senegal and Holland. Why not do the same for a new manager?

There must be someone overseas with a growing reputation who would see Aberdeen as a stepping stone to bigger things? Someone who hasn't been sacked from their last job for being shite, someone who would bring a little bit more excitement, someone who wouldn't buy into the 'old firm are incredible shite that pretty much any UK based manager would.

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

We've been searching the world for new signings over the past few seasons taking in players from USA, Canada, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Montenegro, Denmark, Finland. Portugal (Cape Verde), Senegal and Holland. Why not do the same for a new manager?

There must be someone overseas with a growing reputation who would see Aberdeen as a stepping stone to bigger things? Someone who hasn't been sacked from their last job for being shite, someone who would bring a little bit more excitement, someone who wouldn't buy into the 'old firm are incredible shite that pretty much any UK based manager would.

I've saw you comment on the ambition being low with all people mentioned.

So what is the ambition of managers out there who you want? I don't think you actually know, and that's because deep deep down the list is where we are as a club in the ambition stakes.

Jimmy Thelin was a name banded around by a few on here. Having looked at his record he looked a solid candidate. Now wartface has been binned again I think Sunderland will go in for him. Supposedly he lost out to the defaced hun mutant originally. Maybe he seen it as a poisoned chalice. Many might see our vacancy similarly. 

We are probably the best Neil could hope for after his shitey performance at Stoke.

But I still reckon he thinks he can pick up a gig in the Championship if he hangs around down there long enough. Coupled with the knowledge that if he took our job, he'd be considered a failure by English chairmen if he didn't get us back finishing third or winning us a trophy in his first full season. 

If I'm wrong and he gets appointed in the summer then I'll scoff a big old bowl of humble pie but I just can't see him being our next boss right now

10 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Alex Neil. 

Makes the most sense. Give him time to build something, he's got a track record. 

Genuine question, but why Alex Neil?

Why the clamour for a guy who hasn't been a success in management since 2015?* He's been sacked from three of his last four management jobs and one he didn't was Sunderland where he quite happily ditched them six games into the season.

*I know he got Sunderland promoted to the Championship, but Sunderland winning League One is the equivalent of Jim Goodwin winning the Championship with Dundee United.

He sits besides Derek McInnes as the most overrated manager in the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Jimmy Thelin was a name banded around by a few on here. Having looked at his record he looked a solid candidate. Now wartface has been binned again I think Sunderland will go in for him. Supposedly he lost out to the defaced hun mutant originally. Maybe he seen it as a poisoned chalice. Many might see our vacancy similarly. 

Or maybe Sunderland will instead give a 75-year-old the interim job for four months and let someone else snatch Jimmy Thelin while they bring in consultants to waste their money on.

Or perhaps even Sunderland aren't as big a basket case as we are.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Genuine question, but why Alex Neil?

Why the clamour for a guy who hasn't been a success in management since 2015?* He's been sacked from three of his last four management jobs and one he didn't was Sunderland where he quite happily ditched them six games into the season.

*I know he got Sunderland promoted to the Championship, but Sunderland winning League One is the equivalent of Jim Goodwin winning the Championship with Dundee United.

He sits besides Derek McInnes as the most overrated manager in the game.

Took Norwich to Premier. 

Got Preston on edge of play offs with a bunch of free transfers.

As for Stoke,all last four sacked and new boy in from Plymouth lost half already.Club is in a mess.

6 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Took Norwich to Premier. 

Got Preston on edge of play offs with a bunch of free transfers.

As for Stoke,all last four sacked and new boy in from Plymouth lost half already.Club is in a mess.

He was fucking ACE at accies as well sure

• Upvote 1

What you got to look at is us as an attraction..Most managers are going to sit down and think Why Would I Take The Job.

The Old Firm are going to win the league,so that leaves 3rd place and with a bit of luck a cup maybe.

I'm afraid a lot would not even contemplate coming here,unless they desperate to get back in the game and need the money..They know they fighting a losing battle from the start with the Ugly Sisters in Glasgow..I'm afraid none of the big boys would think of coming here,so we have to go along with whoever it is.

You never know we might get a surprise. 

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Personally I feel it's all manufactured - Similar to how Miovski (For example) is under 'valued' against anything the bigot brothers have - It's deliberate to keep us (any club outside both sides of the filth in reality) in our / their place

In terms of the 'ambition' Zero talked about, I read that as someone 'new,' not the continual merry-go-round of sh&te 'jobs for the boys' options - Could be wrong though, perhaps he'll clarify ?

I'm quite infrequent on here (Aye, not infrequent enough I hear a certain 'someone' shout from their couch 🙄), however, I've seen 2 or 3 of your posts in the past day or so, and I'd think we're pretty much on the same page in terms of the circus that this is

1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Latest Manager Odds Bet 365.

7/4 Alex Neil

7/2 Scott Parker

7/2 Neil Lennon

6/1 Gary Rowett

6/1 Neil Warnock(Permanent)

8/1 Michael Flynn

10/1 Derek Mcinnes

10/1 Gary Monk.

16/1 others.

I guess that's one thing the bookies and the FMB have in common. They both don't have a clue who the next Aberdeen manager is going to be.

• Upvote 1

Inclined to think Scott Parker would be an expensive mistake. Took Fulham & Bournemouth up from the Championship to the EPL, but sacked from both. Fulham for taking them back down and Bournemouth for Derek Adams-esque comments about the quality of the squad and the clubs transfer dealings. Imagine his outbursts if he had to work with the likes of Roos, Morris & Gueye.

28 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

What you got to look at is us as an attraction..Most managers are going to sit down and think Why Would I Take The Job.

The Old Firm are going to win the league,so that leaves 3rd place and with a bit of luck a cup maybe.

I'm afraid a lot would not even contemplate coming here,unless they desperate to get back in the game and need the money..They know they fighting a losing battle from the start with the Ugly Sisters in Glasgow..I'm afraid none of the big boys would think of coming here,so we have to go along with whoever it is.

You never know we might get a surprise. 

And if you don't immediately finish 3rd minimum and then 3rd minimum every season afterwards there is a vocal element of the support that will want you sacked. 

It's such a fine margin for error that it probably doesn't register with many ambitious managers outside Scotland as being worth the risk/reward.