Next Manager

9 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

I think that's unfair. There were many games where you could see what Robson was trying to do and it looked good. Away in Europe in particular we looked like a 'proper team' as Robson would say. Where Robson got caught out was his squad was unfinished - He was relying on the fully backs providing the width and on Morris and maybe Hayes being some sort of further forward alternative. McGarry got injured. Morris got injured. Duk was short of his pre season finish and it meant when we had to be on the front foot we weren't as effective. Maybe if had kept Watkins and Matty Kennedy he would have had enough cover. There were times (Motherwell away) (even Hibs away where we unbelievably lost and could have scored 8  )  when we looked really top notch. The other glaring weakness is the defence was selected with Europe in mind and fell short of dealing with the Scottish Square Go after every high ball is lofted towards the box. 

They say it is a matter of fine margins. If we had won the cup and if we had beaten Paok at home - both of which we should have done, we would have been looking at a completely different picture. 

Look at the league - Dundee in 6th have won just two more games than us. When you think of some of the disasters that turned a game against us we have also been really unlucky. I don't mind fans being frustrated and wanting more but given Barry put his heart and soul into it and gave us third place last year out of nothing - I'd like to think we could give him some credit and a bit of respect.

How the hell SHOULD we have won the cup? We deserved nothing from that cup final.

As for PAOK at home... did really well to go 2-0 up and then he fucked it by making that stupid triple substitution and threw the game away for us.

Robson was completely out of his depth, he had that good run and got us 3rd last season but it became more and more obvious that it was a fluke, nothing to do with his managerial skills. 7 wins from his final 26 league games and 12 from his last 39 in all competitions. Fucking dire!!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Willo flood said:

I think they will if there is signs of actual progress.

The only one out of the last 3 Managers that you could argue would have benefited off getting more time is Glass. Even then I doubt he would have improved that much.

At least Stephen Glass wasn't feart of going toe-to-toe with RIFC and Celtic. 

Ok, he never won any of the 6 games against those reptilian cunts (2 draws and 4 single goal defeats IIRC) but each game against any of them  he set his teams out to win and to show them no respect whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
54 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

How the hell SHOULD we have won the cup? We deserved nothing from that cup final.

As for PAOK at home... did really well to go 2-0 up and then he fucked it by making that stupid triple substitution and threw the game away for us.

Robson was completely out of his depth, he had that good run and got us 3rd last season but it became more and more obvious that it was a fluke, nothing to do with his managerial skills. 7 wins from his final 26 league games and 12 from his last 39 in all competitions. Fucking dire!!

in fairness he said, if, not should 

but he's at the wind up for sure 

40 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

At least Stephen Glass wasn't feart of going toe-to-toe with RIFC and Celtic. 

Ok, he never won any of the 6 games against those reptilian cunts (2 draws and 4 single goal defeats IIRC) but each game against any of them  he set his teams out to win and to show them no respect whatsoever.

Almost right, apart from the 4-0 defeat at Ibrox in the last game of the 20/21 season.

• Haha 2

I've said it before and will say it again.

Decent teams are based on decent defensive foundations. 

Last season's 7 match winning run had a fair splattering of clean sheets, which was linked to a constant, and competent, back line.

Pan forward to this season and with a poor back line we have only 5 clean sheets in 31 matches. 

It can only be hoped that along with the appointment of an experienced manager our recruitment department recruit better defenders come the summer. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Czesław Michniewicz at Cormack Park.

People will say the way we can overcome the overwhelming levels of corruption in Scottish football is by implementing wholesale change across the SFA.

The real way we can overcome the corruption is by simply being more corrupt

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

I think that's unfair. There were many games where you could see what Robson was trying to do and it looked good. Away in Europe in particular we looked like a 'proper team' as Robson would say. Where Robson got caught out was his squad was unfinished - He was relying on the fully backs providing the width and on Morris and maybe Hayes being some sort of further forward alternative. McGarry got injured. Morris got injured. Duk was short of his pre season finish and it meant when we had to be on the front foot we weren't as effective. Maybe if had kept Watkins and Matty Kennedy he would have had enough cover. There were times (Motherwell away) (even Hibs away where we unbelievably lost and could have scored 8  )  when we looked really top notch. The other glaring weakness is the defence was selected with Europe in mind and fell short of dealing with the Scottish Square Go after every high ball is lofted towards the box. 

They say it is a matter of fine margins. If we had won the cup and if we had beaten Paok at home - both of which we should have done, we would have been looking at a completely different picture. 

Look at the league - Dundee in 6th have won just two more games than us. When you think of some of the disasters that turned a game against us we have also been really unlucky. I don't mind fans being frustrated and wanting more but given Barry put his heart and soul into it and gave us third place last year out of nothing - I'd like to think we could give him some credit and a bit of respect.

Ok Dave you got your point across.  Now lay back down on your sun bed and turn it up to max. Spray yourself with cooking oil first. 

10 hours ago, Dunty said:

I have no idea what the joke is supposed to be here. You got a punchline for me?

Humpty Dunty sat on a wall, Humpty Dunty had a great fall , all the kings horses an all the kings men couldn’t put Dunty together again. 
Dunty you wouldn’t be Colgate teeth would you. ????????????   

11 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

Angus MacDonald wasn't signed for his prowess with the ball at his feet, Rubezic' issue was that he was too rash and keen to get after these high balls you refer too. This defence that was "selected with Europe in mind" conceded 15 goals, this suggestion that we did reasonably well in Europe is a fallacy. The margins weren't fine at all, you don't win trophies if you don't attack and we were out of Europe twice at at the earliest possible opportunity. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Angus MacDonald wasn't signed for his prowess with the ball at his feet, Rubezic' issue was that he was too rash and keen to get after these high balls you refer too. This defence that was "selected with Europe in mind" conceded 15 goals, this suggestion that we did reasonably well in Europe is a fallacy. The margins weren't fine at all, you don't win trophies if you don't attack and we were out of Europe twice at at the earliest possible opportunity. 

You are very true in what you are saying but the current European club tournaments formats are completely flawed.

There should be no back door entries upon a club being knocked out of any of the tournaments. Once you are knocked out, that should be it.

Compare our record against the 4 teams we faced this season in Europe.

Initially, knocked out of the EL 5-3 on aggregate v. BK Hacken. That should have been the end of our involvement in European club competition. End of.

However, we then proceeded in the ECL to beat Eintracht Frankfurt 3-2 on aggregate, we would have went through on the old away goals rule against HJK, and we would've been knocked out 5-4 on aggregate against PAOK.

The formats are appalling, unfair, and badly need to be returned to the old knockout system. 

10 minutes ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

You boys still hard at it. :spunk:

Remarkable. :suicide:

Diversifying though min.

However, you are spot on, considering how much posts have been made on a void yet to filled after nearly 4 weeks.

However, we live in hope that an announcement will be made as to who our next manager is this side of Christmas 2024.

• Haha 1