Next Manager

10 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

That's the one min. The 4-0 scoreline never ever was a true reflection of the game.

How Ferguson and Hornby missed those sitters is beyond explanation.

Just realised hornby is playing in the bundesliga all be it for the terrible team. 

1 hour ago, shooftahmooftah said:

That’s rich coming from a Barron a red one at that who has nothing between his red lugs.  ( Ears that is if your an ethnic BARRON. )   

It's maybe more of an insult if you had said legs 😅

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If it is Thelin and a good Technical Director to go with (and hopefully Gunn and DC keep out of their way) then we'll have be patient and give them at least 3 or 4 windows and perhaps lower our expectations in the first season.  Top six and a semi in the first season whilst expecting 3rd/4th in the league and a final in the second.

One thing to note is that next season is likely to be the last for some time that 3rd (or cup win) guarantees European group stage football. So looking to finish 3rd next season is especially important from a financial point of view.

But knowing our luck we'd romp home to 3rd and ICT* win the cup!

*Other non arse cheek teams are available.

2 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Ok Dave you got your point across.  Now lay back down on your sun bed and turn it up to max. Spray yourself with cooking oil first. 

2 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Humpty Dunty sat on a wall, Humpty Dunty had a great fall , all the kings horses an all the kings men couldn’t put Dunty together again. 
Dunty you wouldn’t be Colgate teeth would you. ????????????   

Wow how many accounts do you think cormack has on here. 

15 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Wonder if Sunderland will go back in for Thelin

https://therealefl.co.uk/2024/04/05/sunderland-handed-boost-in-pursuit-of-manager-with-42-5-win-rate/

Maybe the comments from their DOF were nothing to do with us after all. Maybe as thought by many all along  our 'interest' in Thelin was leaked by the club to try to take some pressure off them as they don't actually have a clue what they're doing.... Maybe!!

• Upvote 1

Stefan Andreasson, club manager in IF Elfsborg, admitted yesterday that he will find a solution the day Thelin gets a good enough offer and wants to leave.

However, the 46-year-old himself does not want to focus on his future or the rumors right now. - I can't really say anything about it. My focus is on the Elfsborg and Västerås match. I cannot comment on everything that is in the media - from all persistent journalists. It doesn't work, he tells them. 

However, it is not the first time Thelin has come into focus. Ever since last season ended, he has been linked with foreign clubs. That's how it is in this industry. - It is more important what dialogue I have with Stefan (Andreasson) and Elfsborg, and that I feel comfortable there. It doesn't feel particularly strange - my focus is here. That's how it is in this business, it comes and goes all the time. Sometimes it is more and sometimes it is less persistent, says Thelin to Fotbollskanalen

5 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Just about as many managers he’s went through. 

Is that managers he's employed or ones that have said no - if the latter he's probably every second account (wouldn't surprise me)

8 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Willo wonder, can you sneak into the pittodrie offices, and plant a bug anywhere so we all can know who or when the next manager is going to be, before the year ends. 

I already have a certain Agent Alba on the case. Told me Garner seems to have a strong dislike for the ‘forgein muck’ being interviewed and his number one candidate is Malky McKay with Joey Barton lined up as his assistant.

Will let you know as soon as any developments occur, but thats the state of play so far.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, minijc said:

It feels more and more like the club can't get a manager and they are just hoping that Thelin changes his mind and comes here but then if Sunderland are very serious about him I doubt we have any chance.

Seems like they're haggling over compo with Elfsborg. And the longer they fuck about, they increase the chances of something changing and fucking everything up, such as the likes of Sunderland deciding they want Thelin.