Aberdeen 1 - 1 HJK Helsinki

I trust that we've done our due diligence on Helsinki and that we're not just dismissing them as the 'easiest' team in the group. 

They're strolling the Finnish league (again) and by the looks of it they score in most games they play.

It's hard to tell how they good they are.....their European record where they (just) lost twice to Qarabag but struggled to beat Larne doesn't give a lot away. I have a feeling they'll be a bit like the Breidablik side we played a couple of years back....some decent players, and will pose the odd problem, but they're a team we should score against. 

I'll plump for the same score, 3-1 Dons. 

13 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I trust that we've done our due diligence on Helsinki and that we're not just dismissing them as the 'easiest' team in the group. 

They're strolling the Finnish league (again) and by the looks of it they score in most games they play.

It's hard to tell how they good they are.....their European record where they (just) lost twice to Qarabag but struggled to beat Larne doesn't give a lot away. I have a feeling they'll be a bit like the Breidablik side we played a couple of years back....some decent players, and will pose the odd problem, but they're a team we should score against. 

I'll plump for the same score, 3-1 Dons. 

Easy min, we are the famous Aberdeen FC. No need for any of that nonsense. Turn up and pump them. Can’t remember the last time we didn’t win tbh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, starryfish said:

What’s the capacity of Pittodrie for this match, anyone any idea? Aware a large number of fans had to move seats due to UEFA regulations 

Good question?

It's vastly reduced as I believe the front 3 rows are empty and Uefa ask for hordes of tickets in the Main Stand

Just now, Tord31 said:

Good question?

It's vastly reduced as I believe the front 3 rows are empty and Uefa ask for hordes of tickets in the Main Stand

If it’s vastly reduced then it’s perhaps more of a surprise that it isn’t sold out. Hearts last season had attendances of 17.2k v Fiorentina and 15.8k v Rigas FS in their 2000 kick off group stage matches 

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

If it’s vastly reduced then it’s perhaps more of a surprise that it isn’t sold out. Hearts last season had attendances of 17.2k v Fiorentina and 15.8k v Rigas FS in their 2000 kick off group stage matches 

Just tested the 3 row theory and there is tickets on sale for the 3rd row so that cant be right

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

781 now. Hot cakes

A lassie from my work and her boyfriend were thinking of going, they are not normally football fans. She then said to me that £42 a ticket is steep, which I agree with. 
AFC are maybe happy with selling 17,000 @ £42 ( £714k) rather than 18,000 @ £35 (£630k). I know there was a discount for the 3 match package and there are junior/OAP prices, etc. but I do understand the pricing strategy, it just won’t suit all.