Aberdeen 0 - 0 St Johnstone

5 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Time for a start for Stokler? Would think Barron will start, Hayes as well probably. Just over 1k of tickets left which amazes me for a St Johnstone match.

It's Dons Day Out so RDSU is full from that. Regardless still a cracking crowd. 

Tough game, they are shite but will try n bog the game down. Score first and we should be fine. 

Barron, Hayes, Sockler to start I agree.

3-0. Miovski, Shinnie, Ruby. 

Think he'll stick with the existing back 3 as they're still developing a relationship with each other. Could see Duncan or Hayes coming in for MacKenzie to provide more attacking threat, and Barron maybe starting ahead of Clarkson. Maybe Polvara in for McGrath who has done a lot of running in the recent games - also adds a bit of physical presence against St Johnstone who are usually quite a physical team. Think he'll stick with Duk up front as could be a good game to build his confidence, unless he's gone deaf after that elbow to the ear. Sokler hasn't done anything from off the bench really to merit a start - he missed a fairly good opportunity with a header when he was just on last night. Gauye seems even further away from challenging for a start. 

Roos
Gartenmann Rubezic Jensen
Devlin Barron Shinnie Duncan
Polvara
Duk Miovski

I'll have a guess at that lineup.

If we don't win this there is something wrong. I've watched a few of Saints' games this season, they are one of the poorest sides I've seen in the top flight, certainly their poorest side for many years. Stevie May has still been playing up front on his own. 

They will arrive, show no ambition and stand off, allowing us to knock it around at will between our centre halves. An early goal will kill them off as they have nothing. 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Think he'll stick with the existing back 3 as they're still developing a relationship with each other. Could see Duncan or Hayes coming in for MacKenzie to provide more attacking threat, and Barron maybe starting ahead of Clarkson. Maybe Polvara in for McGrath who has done a lot of running in the recent games - also adds a bit of physical presence against St Johnstone who are usually quite a physical team. Think he'll stick with Duk up front as could be a good game to build his confidence, unless he's gone deaf after that elbow to the ear. Sokler hasn't done anything from off the bench really to merit a start - he missed a fairly good opportunity with a header when he was just on last night. Gauye seems even further away from challenging for a start. 

Roos
Polvara
Duk Miovski

I agree, Robson will go for a 3 at the back, which is fucking mental when you think about it - 3 at the back v a team that doesn’t score goals and has zero pace up front? Really?? But given he’s never lined us up any other way, unless as a reaction to a shit 1st half, it will be a back 3.

It SHOULD be :-

Roos

Devlin Gartenman Jensen Hayes.

Barron Shinnie Polvara 

Duncan Miovski Duk

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

A stuttering 1-1 draw. Or we win 4-0. Basically no idea same as most of us.Tell Duk he’s only on for 1st half, might gee him up. Sockler on full 2nd half. Wonder if Jensen might be rested due to head knock. 

Just start Sokler and put Duk on the bench.

I’d like to see multiple personnel changes from the start. Let’s start using this squad.

None of this start with the same guys then sub then when it’s apparent they’re tired and the game is getting away from us.

Start Sokler & Barron. Fuck it start Giuye too.

Any word on Williams, McGarry and Dadia coming back?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Sokler hasn't done anything from off the bench really to merit a start - he missed a fairly good opportunity with a header when he was just on last night. Gauye seems even further away from challenging for a start. 

Roos
Polvara
Duk Miovski

Apart from scoring the eventual winner versus county. 

I would like to see us unleash Sokler instead of Duk. If things aren’t working bring on the Duk. Polvara or Clarkson in the McGrath role 👍 this should be a game our squad players are able to show the manager what they are all about against the leagues weakest side  

I think Pape is a long term project getting him up to speed. Might take him some months 

2 hours ago, perthshirered said:

If we don't win this there is something wrong. I've watched a few of Saints' games this season, they are one of the poorest sides I've seen in the top flight, certainly their poorest side for many years. Stevie May has still been playing up front on his own. 

They will arrive, show no ambition and stand off, allowing us to knock it around at will between our centre halves. An early goal will kill them off as they have nothing. 

Hopefully we can win this but stj did draw away to Celtic.Can never be complacent..

Roos

Devlin Gartenman Jensen 

Duncan  Barron Clarkson  Polvara Duk

Miovski Sokler

Whole game played on front foot. no reasons gartenman and jensen cant cope with what little Saints have going forward. See if midfield cope without shinnie who can berate them from the bench. 

3 hours ago, ianobyers said:

Roos

Devlin Gartenman Jensen 

Duncan  Barron Clarkson  Polvara Duk

Miovski Sokler

Whole game played on front foot. no reasons gartenman and jensen cant cope with what little Saints have going forward. See if midfield cope without shinnie who can berate them from the bench. 

Not sure about Duncan tbh, about St Johnstone standard.

• Upvote 1

Think this'll be like the Ross County game, if we score early on we could get 4 or 5. The longer it stays 0-0 the more likely we'll get bogged down like Thursday night and not take our chances in front of goal.

Barron & Sokler should be starting this one, could see Robson resting Jensen after the head injury too and bringing in McDonald for some game time.