Aberdeen 0 - 0 St Johnstone

11 hours ago, milne_afc said:

It’s time to prioritise domestic comps over that Mickey Mouse Euro crap. That squad is a long way off competing seriously with games in quick succession.

Agreed 

11 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Maybe. Worth a go anyway.

I mean, explain this one to me. Play a back 3 along with 2 wing backs who are incapable of getting to the byeline and get crosses in? That is pure dead brilliant.

Logan could do it back in the day WITH A BACK 4

Can't get to the byline because they have no pace. Nothing wrong with back 3 and 2 wingbacks if you have the personnel. We don't. 

Yesterday was devoid of imagination, spark. Last 20 minutes were okay, but just that.

St J were shite... just.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, NEM said:

They are though that’s the point, Anyone watching the game on Red TV is force fed their drivel during half time of every game. 

I watched the game on RedTV and didn't watch any of the half time pish. Result = zero saw of any woman's fitba. 

Pretty easy to avoid if you're not interested. Watching it and then whining about and slagging them off is weirdo behaviour. 

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I watched the game on RedTV and didn't watch any of the half time pish. Result = zero saw of any woman's fitba. 

Pretty easy to avoid if you're not interested. Watching it and then whining about and slagging them off is weirdo behaviour. 

Misogynistic cunt!

• Haha 2

First game this season I've not watched in full on REDTV - just watched the highlights this time, so don't know the full picture. However badly or well we played though, the fact is we should have won that game 2 or 3 nil with the chances we had. Hard to have a go at Miovski given how well he's been playing, but he had 2 incredible chances - if we criticise Duk for missing chances, we have to be fair and call Miovski out for costing us a win in this game. Also if Sokler wants to be getting a start any time soon he's got to score the absolute sitter he had towards the end as well. Couple other chances that we should have done better with too. The disallowed goal looked onside to me, but I can't keep up with the rules, so who knows. Games against St Johnstone are always dire, but with those chances we should be winning.

• Upvote 2
43 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

First game this season I've not watched in full on REDTV - just watched the highlights this time, so don't know the full picture. However badly or well we played though, the fact is we should have won that game 2 or 3 nil with the chances we had. Hard to have a go at Miovski given how well he's been playing, but he had 2 incredible chances - if we criticise Duk for missing chances, we have to be fair and call Miovski out for costing us a win in this game. Also if Sokler wants to be getting a start any time soon he's got to score the absolute sitter he had towards the end as well. Couple other chances that we should have done better with too. The disallowed goal looked onside to me, but I can't keep up with the rules, so who knows. Games against St Johnstone are always dire, but with those chances we should be winning.

I think you’re pretty spot on. First half wasn’t great but we should have went in at half time 1-0 up, the own goal should have stood. Second half was better and we really should have scored miovski missed a few sitters and so did sokler. 

I don’t think st Johnston posed many problems for our defence who looked pretty solid. 

Barron was excellent again. 

11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I still don’t understand why the referee was asked to check the disallowed goal when it was for offside. 

I don’t think he does. Needs clarifying by the club.

VAR stop the restart of the game as they’re not sure about our goal, fair enough. They do their check, it’s either a goal or not but the bottom line is, it’s their call, NOT the refs. I’ve never seen a ref being sent to the screen for an offside.

Looks like a few folk are shitting the bed by the result without either watching the game or looking at it subjectively.

We would have won that by 2 or 3 goals if Miovski had taken those chances. Same performance across the park with those going in and people would be praising it.  

Positives - We created plenty of chances to win the game by a mile and we kept a clean sheet.

Negatives - That's two weeks in a row we've missed some really glaring chances. If we start taking those, we'll batter sides. If we keep missing them then confidence will go down and we'll struggle.

• Upvote 1

On another note - this may have been discussed earlier as I've not read back all the pages - but what was that think Duk had on his face? Looks like the kind of mask thing players sometimes wear if they've fractured their cheekbones or eye socket's been damaged or something. Or was it to protect stitches he's had down the side of his face? 

4 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

On another note - this may have been discussed earlier as I've not read back all the pages - but what was that think Duk had on his face? Looks like the kind of mask thing players sometimes wear if they've fractured their cheekbones or eye socket's been damaged or something. Or was it to protect stitches he's had down the side of his face? 

Assumed it was some type of bandage from the elbow he took on Thursday.

7 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Assumed it was some type of bandage from the elbow he took on Thursday.

Yeah, just wondering what the nature of the injury was though, if anything was mentioned in commentary or interviews. Was it protecting a fracture, or just a cut / stitches? Never seen a bandage / mask of that nature before

12 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

What’s the point of sticking Stokler on for the last 10 mins of every game.

He should be given at least 30 mins and replace either Duk or Miovski.

Its desperation and so far I’ve seen nothing from him in his short appearances.

Scored the winner last week.....

• Haha 1

Disappointed with yesterday.

Also disappointed with the team selection yesterday as well.

Would have given some of the Fringe players a start with the caveat of "This is the team bottom of the league. Beat them and you'll get more game time..." or some such. Sokler, Papa Guaye, Polvara, Besuijen, Macdonald, Duncan... Change up after 45 or 60 mins and put the better players on if they've not delivered. Better players are fresher against some players that will have been on in the pishing rain for a while... These guys need more game time, if not now when ?

1 minute ago, dj_bollocks said:

Disappointed with yesterday.

Also disappointed with the team selection yesterday as well.

Would have given some of the Fringe players a start with the caveat of "This is the team bottom of the league. Beat them and you'll get more game time..." or some such. Sokler, Papa Guaye, Polvara, Besuijen, Macdonald, Duncan... Change up after 45 or 60 mins and put the better players on if they've not delivered. Better players are fresher against some players that will have been on in the pishing rain for a while... These guys need more game time, if not now when ?

Or else have a go in the 1st half and go 3-0 up then put your bit players on with no pressure and see what they can do instead of waiting till the last few minutes.

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Nope. Back 3 you need to step out with the ball. 

That’s a great point.

3 at the back might work if the central of the 3 is a ‘baller, Beckenbaur lite if you will, can take the ball out of defence and find one of the centre mids, not simply lumping it.

In saying that, Ruby played well yesterday and is visibly growing in confidence but a baller he’ll never be.

2 hours ago, Joe pike said:

What’s the point of sticking Stokler on for the last 10 mins of every game.

He should be given at least 30 mins and replace either Duk or Miovski.

Its desperation and so far I’ve seen nothing from him in his short appearances.

He shouldn’t be replacing duk or miovski he should be playing up there with them like he has been doing.
My preference though would be to take a centre half of and not a wide player each time 

2 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Or else have a go in the 1st half and go 3-0 up then put your bit players on with no pressure and see what they can do instead of waiting till the last few minutes.

Sure. I mean I'd be giving the second stringers some positivity without necessarily making them think they're second stringers but either way works.

Better still look for a manager that has the guts to play the passing game with the ball on the ground , instead of the hoof all tactics. 

Plus I’m sick and tired hearing about the players are tired after the midweek games.   Celtic and Sevco play midweek do you hear their managers coming out with the tiredness shit.   If Aberdeen players are tired after midweek games then there’s something far wrong with the fitness programme at Cormack park.   Another 2 points dropped this time against the bottom club is not acceptable ROBSON. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
Just now, shooftahmooftah said:

Better still look for a manager that has the guts to play the passing game with the ball on the ground , instead of the hoof all tactics. 

Plus I’m sick and tired hearing about the players are tired after the midweek games.   Celtic and Sevco play midweek do you hear their managers coming out with the tiredness shit.   If Aberdeen players are tired after midweek games then there’s something far wrong with the fitness programme at Cormack park.   Another 2 points dropped this time against the bottom club is not acceptable ROBSON. 

Yeah heard him on the radio claiming he was proud of the players for their second half performance as they were tired after Thursday. He needs to shut the fuck up with the pathetic excuses.