Aberdeen 0 - 0 St Johnstone

A near full house on a dreadful day of weather and this is what they turn up to watch?  And please no bullshit from players or manager, fed up hearing how ‘ we will make it up ‘ bullshit. That against the bottom club with an age average of 100 is atrocious. Chasing the game with 20 mins to go is not the way to win. After the first 20-25 mins in the first half the tactics should have been changed, not 20 mins from the end of the game. Sick of it. 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Here come the excuses…. 

And here comes the "we should play 4 at the back" and "Robson's to blame for every long ball played".

Even though with 3 at the back St Johnstone hardly had a sniff and we had one guy in particular today who tried to make stuff happen every time he got the ball by turning and playing it quickly on the ground. That guy played the same role as Clarkson has played all season. That's Clarkson, the main culprit of hoofball. The guy who tried 3 Hollywood passes within 5 minutes of coming on and never got near any of them. Maybe it's certain players who like to hoof it and not all down to the manager???

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

And here comes the "we should play 4 at the back" and "Robson's to blame for every long ball played".

Even though with 3 at the back St Johnstone hardly had a sniff and we had one guy in particular today who tried to make stuff happen every time he got the ball by turning and playing it quickly on the ground. That guy played the same role as Clarkson has played all season. That's Clarkson, the main culprit of hoofball. The guy who tried 3 Hollywood passes within 5 minutes of coming on and never got near any of them. Maybe it's certain players who like to hoof it and not all down to the manager???

🤡

3 minutes ago, G man said:

It is all getting really toxic about Robson. Last week people were saying- including the west coast media- we should have been 4-0 down at Ibrox without one attempt hitting the target!! He seems to get grudging praise for some and then totally over the top abuse after a 0-0 draw. Last 6 games at home to StJohnstone were- 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats.

Hope people can get over this disappointment in time for the Hampden semi final.👍👍

If we play the entire game like we played the last quarter, but just can’t get the goal, I can tolerate that. However, that 1st 60/70 minutes today was insipid pish, against a team that are rightly bottom of the league. What’s the relevance of stats re previous encounters with them? 
My issue is the team performance, the tactics (again) in the 1st 70 and the general lacklustre approach!

I’ve said it before, he can set a team up to defend and play on the break, like last week, which he gets massive credit for. But, in terms of front foot football, against shite opposition, especially at home, he doesn’t appear to have a clue! 

24 minutes ago, G man said:

Dreadful first half. Better in the second especially after the changes were made. Robson being too loyal to players like Shinnie and Duk.

Duk & Barron only ones that got pass marks for me. Barron was really good & Duk done plenty as well. Especially winning balls he had no right winning. 

overall team performance (especially in possession/passing) was some of the worst I’ve seen from Robsons team & that’s saying something 

Sevco win has them thinking they can get away with half arsed shit. 

5 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Robson saying we'll never create better chances 😂😂😂.

We had 1 good chance all game. 1. 

If that's as good as we are going to get at creating chances then he's better off just fucking off now. What an embarassment of a post match interview. Again.

As shit as we played.. we created more than 1 good chance. You know that

18 minutes ago, scottymc said:

Just to provide a little bit of context so people don’t overreact. Celtic drew with them at home 0-0 also. 

I’m sorry, mate, but what’s the relevance of that? Ross County beat them 2-0 at home. 
They are bottom the league, rightly and for over an hour we were fucking terrible. 
Today’s result was down to our lacklustre approach, not their defensive qualities! 

3 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I’m sorry, mate, but what’s the relevance of that? Ross County beat them 2-0 at home. 
They are bottom the league, rightly and for over an hour we were fucking terrible. 
Today’s result was down to our lacklustre approach, not their defensive qualities! 

Celtic also had an off day at home to them.

• Haha 2
35 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Robson needs to sort out other tactics ASAP, it’s fine playing a defensive 5-3-2 against the better sides but not against bottom of the league St Johnstone and teams like that

5 at the back v the bottom side in the league is a hanging offence. Absolutely zero requirement to do that.

That and zero width on the right.

• Upvote 2