VAR   

72 members have voted

1. 1. VAR .........

• Keep it
    • Bin it

13 hours ago, G man said:

The so called top ref in world football reffing the Newcastle game goes to the screen and thinks that a ball coming off a players chest and hitting his elbow is a penalty. Sadly the powers that be want PSG in the latter stages rather than Newcastle. It is blatant cheating.

Exactly G Man - It doesn't fit their agenda if the 'smaller' teams progress at the expense of the household names.

Corrupt as fcuk !! 

4 hours ago, Helmet said:

You have to start with a situation we can improve. That’s not possible currently and we need to change it before we can fix the problems you’re referring too.

We currently have amateur referees officiating professional football matches.

Think about that for a moment- it’s ridiculous situation for the senior clubs to allow that their business which they and all their customers put a lot of money into is at the hands of unaccountable amateurs..

The referees are accountable to nobody- they aren’t real employees,  no standards are set for them other than what they make up for themselves.

They have the mindset of amateurs, it’s obvious in everything they do.

The lack any real professionalism IS the problem.

Bias or whatever else can only be tackled once we get pro referees, as part of a service that’s funded by the league and accountable to the SPFL and all the teams.

Do you think making them full time professionals is going to stop them leaning towards the Huns? It's not. 

Likewise, they'd be answerable to the SpFL or the SFA who are still going to lean towards the Huns. There is no appetite to challenge the bias or corruption that exists here. 

26 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Do you think making them full time professionals is going to stop them leaning towards the Huns? It's not. 

Likewise, they'd be answerable to the SpFL or the SFA who are still going to lean towards the Huns. There is no appetite to challenge the bias or corruption that exists here. 

I would suggest that full time refs- totally dependant on the corrupt SFA/SPFL to make a living- would be even more open to having to make decisions to suit their pay masters.

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Good example in the PSG game last night, that the system is only as good as the operator.

note the swift response this morning to bin him.

But no action taken against the ref who went to the monitor and gave a penalty when the ball had clearly hit the player in the chest first. Again the big name ref getting off scott free. He  ultimately gave the penalty not the VAR assistant who is being made a scapecoat. Corruption at all levels.

32 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

No appetite for change, by the clubs , establishment, and us , the fans, it's our game and we just sit back and allow clubs and officialdom to run roughshod over it.

Because they know we will do nothing to change it

If only we could get supporters from the other 9 clubs. 10s of thousands of fans emailing the SFA' etc to get answers.  Plenty of tv video evidence @ all their wrongdoings.

I'd gladly pay £50 a month towards an origination for the 10 clubs trying to get answers from them. The SFA/VAR officials should be in court for not adhering to sporting integrity and blatant bias.

1 hour ago, G man said:

But no action taken against the ref who went to the monitor and gave a penalty when the ball had clearly hit the player in the chest first. Again the big name ref getting off scott free. He  ultimately gave the penalty not the VAR assistant who is being made a scapecoat. Corruption at all levels.

Don't get me wrong, wasn't excusing him and I take your point re scape goat. 

But by contrast in Scotland we've a situation where no scape goat was even bothered with and the internal feedback appears to be that the big two got two technically correct penalties by the letter of the law and that therefore serves as evidence that the system is working perfectly.  The end. 

So we have seen Rangers accounts now and they show that they are in huge trouble if they don’t get champions league football every season. This goes a way to explain why they are getting these ridiculous decisions in the league.

However I wonder if refs in general are terrified of upsetting the absolute moon howlers in their support. The VAR review only picking 3 incidents and none of them involving either Celtic or rangers makes me think it’s more out of fear than anything else.

• Upvote 1
On 11/29/2023 at 12:31 PM, perthshirered said:

It’s how you fix the problem, absolutely.

And many of the current refs would leave- they want the money without the professional commitment and have other jobs. Fannies like Douglas Ross.

18 minutes ago, Helmet said:

It’s how you fix the problem, absolutely.

And many of the current refs would leave- they want the money without the professional commitment and have other jobs. Fannies like Douglas Ross.

How many would leave? None, not one, why would they? They'd get paid a hell of a lot more for doing exactly what they are doing now. Douglas Ross is a Tory cunt but he hasn't impacted us greatly on the field and he hasn't  fucked us via VAR. 

23 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

How many would leave? None, not one, why would they? They'd get paid a hell of a lot more for doing exactly what they are doing now. Douglas Ross is a Tory cunt but he hasn't impacted us greatly on the field and he hasn't  fucked us via VAR. 

You think every single ref would pack in his full time job and become a pro referee?

No chance.

I’d expect 25-50% to leave, bit of a fresh start and then once its professional we can set standards of behaviour and a professional attitude, look at things like declaring their teams, ensuring we have refs from different parts of the country, even recruit a few from abroad once it’s professional full time job.

You can’t do anything at all when it’s amateur, the mentality is they are getting paid for a hobby, and one which gives them the opportunity to be the centre of attention.

At the moment they run themselves and can basically do what they like.

They are on the best part of a grand per match on an amateur basis. I'd expect that to double, at least, if they were to become full time professionals. I'm not sure what world you live in but I wouldn't expect 25-50% of any workforce to walk away from jobs paying well over 100K a year, plus additional payments from UEFA etc. 

47 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

They are on the best part of a grand per match on an amateur basis. I'd expect that to double, at least, if they were to become full time professionals. I'm not sure what world you live in but I wouldn't expect 25-50% of any workforce to walk away from jobs paying well over 100K a year, plus additional payments from UEFA etc. 

they are paid far too much on amateur basis for what they bring to game. 

The level of refs we have don’t even come close to deserving a grand a game even at pro level. 

Clubs have to pay for refs & VAR system as well. Fkn joke. Especially if £100k per game is correct figure for VAR that’s been said in past. absolute riddup.