Euro 2024 Qualifiers

Live, updated group standings

It's getting interesting now. 

What's interesting? Latvia just beat Armenia 2-0 despite getting a player sent off. Weird that a team that is out played better than the team that needed a win. This has handed a much better chance to Wales for scraping a place (they can't get into the playoffs).

Everyone is expecting Greece to finish third and end up in the playoffs, but I don't know, they will go out to beat Holland on Tuesday, it's Ireland tomorrow night.

Italy, Ukraine, Macedonia might be a right old ding-dong. I could see the Ukraine v Macedonia game being wild. Getting played in Prague. Italy could end up in playoffs again!

It seems safe for Croatia and Turkey, but that could be a fine match tonight. Arda Güler of Real Madrid is some player for Turkey, only 18.

Poland losing three matches has been a shocker. Beat by Moldova 3-2. Rematch is on Sunday, Poles need to get the finger oot. Fucking ALBANIA topping that group, the filthy violent cunts.

Belgium and Austria cruising in their group, Sweden are pretty average these days.

Same with Hungary and Serbia, cruising it.

Group H is crazy. Can't believe that Finland and Kazakhstan have became so hard to beat. And Slovenia somehow top that group!

The war in Israel has thrown Group I into uncertainty. Israel fixtures have been delayed until November. Not sure when the remaining two matches will be played. Playoffs are in late March. Israel will have teams in European cups, too. Chaos. YHWH v ALLAH is a cunt. At least it's not PPV.

Portugal are demolishing everyone, even without the long-necked whining icon. But could Luxembourg cause an upset and edge out Slovakia and get to their first tournament? Club fitba has improved a fair bit there, some say through shenanigans.

Aye, international fitba is changing. Thank fuck that we have qualified, normally at this stage, arses are clenched tight as fuck, it feels strange!

Kazakhstan play like demons. I'd rather Scotland had Finland than Kazakhstan next summer. 

England v Italy is on Channel Four at 19:45 tonight. Commentary by Kevin Keegan and his wife.

I can honestly see Italy making a cunt of it and ending up in the playoffs and shitting the bed (again). Ukraine go to Germany.

Israel having to play four matches means they could top Group I with a maximum of 23 points. The draw for the tournament is meant to be on Saturday 2 December, but how can Israel play four matches in the time remaining? They'll drop out surely? 

6 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Why did the FEBs boo a silence for the victims of terror?

I imagine cause on the screen it was made to think they were standing in solidarity with Israel.

People are seeing through the agenda.

Had it been just for the Swedish fans killed I suspect there'd have been no boos 

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I imagine cause on the screen it was made to think they were standing in solidarity with Israel.

People are seeing through the agenda.

Had it been just for the Swedish fans killed I suspect there'd have been no boos 

Just looked that up. Really weird to wedge the Israelis in there and no mention of them when I had it on the radio. Sinister.

Well done FEBs though.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Roberto said:

Hopefully Estonia or Finland get a place.

And Kazakhstan. 

UEFA need to rethink the Nations League standings relationship to playoffs if Estonia, a team that secured 1 point in their group are in the playoffs.  Norway, Sweden, even Montenegro deserve Estonia's spot, they are pure shite. Or just get rid of playoffs for Euros. Just have eight groups of five teams for Euro 2028 as five teams are co-hosting and the top three go through and the three best fourth placed teams plus Nation League performance determine the rest.

I reckon that Nations League might replace Euro qualifiers at some point. UEFA will monkey about with things as usual, gremlins gotta keep themselves employed.

1 minute ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

UEFA need to rethink the Nations League standings relationship to playoffs if Estonia, a team that secured 1 point in their group are in the playoffs.  Norway, Sweden, even Montenegro deserve Estonia's spot, they are pure shite. Or just rid of playoffs for Euros. Just have eight groups of five teams for Euro 2028 as five teams are co-hosting and the top three go through and the three best fourth placed teams plus Nation League performance determine the rest.

I reckon that Nations League might replace Euro qualifiers at some point. UEFA will monkey about with things as usual, gremlins gotta keep themselves employed.

If it was Scotland I wouldn't care tbh.

Mon Estonia 🇪🇪 

• Upvote 1

I actually like Kazakhstan. It's a shame that they and Greece were drawn together. Greece almost beat France the other night. Wales looked crap at the start of the qualifiers but they have came strong. It will be one of the best tournaments ever, I reckon.

As for Brazil, they play in a really weird manner these days. The Copa America next summer in Yankland will be fun. It's on Viaplay.

8 minutes ago, Roberto said:

If it was Scotland I wouldn't care tbh.

Mon Estonia 🇪🇪 

Moldova are waaaaaaay better than Estonia and did just as well if not better in Nations League. UEFA needs to re-jig (racist) the criteria for playoffs.

Nations League draw is in February. Who Scotland gets will be vital. It counts towards the World Cup playoff criteria. Those six matches will be fucking EPIC. I bet we get Spain! Just watch!

2 minutes ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Moldova are waaaaaaay better than Estonia and did just as well if not better in Nations League. 

Nations League draw is in February. Who Scotland gets will be vital. It counts towards the World Cup playoff criteria. Those six matches will be fucking EPIC. I bet we get Spain! Just watch!

Maybe so BUT Estonia did it in their wee group to get a play off spot.

Good on them. Hopefully they qualify. I like the fact these wee nations get GLIMMER of hope.

8 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Maybe so BUT Estonia did it in their wee group to get a play off spot.

Good on them. Hopefully they qualify. I like the fact these wee nations get GLIMMER of hope.

Yeah, I would feel that way if it was Faroe Islands and they would give Poland a run for their money if a playoff.

But it must feel frustrating as fuck for Norway, to get 11 points out of a very tough group but not get into the playoffs.

That's why Nations League is a serious business now, it started off as a confusing concept but now it makes sense. Nations League, World Cup qualifying group and the playoffs will be so arse-clenching that we could shove coal up ourselves and produce diamonds, which would be handy when travelling to New York in the summer of 2026.

On 11/23/2023 at 11:25 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Wales have to be the luckiest team in world football. 
Another easy draw for them in the playoffs, & another two home draws

Hope they get papped out but they’ll beat Finland comfortably at home & sneak past Poland at home too. 

Aye, run of luck with the draws, hope they get beat. 

On 11/23/2023 at 11:25 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Wales have to be the luckiest team in world football. 
Another easy draw for them in the playoffs, & another two home draws

Hope they get papped out but they’ll beat Finland comfortably at home & sneak past Poland at home too. 

Be hard to beat the shite groups England have had time and again.