Euro 2024 Qualifiers

GERMANY

SCOTLAND

HUNGARY

SWITZERLAND

We can beat all three, seriously. Switzerland were wonky in their group, loads of scraped draws.

Hungary are the toughest opponent, but they aren't a deadly side, they spent decades in the doldrums like us.

Germany have home advantage, but the pressure is on them to perform BIG TIME now as they have had some                                                                                            terrible results in home friendlies, they've had no competitive matches since they absolutely shat the bed in Qatar.

Not fussed by this group. It will be a tough tournament for everyone. Group D is brutal.

BRING IT ON!

• 3 months later...

There's quite a lot of international fitba on over the next week...

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-international-football-on-tv.html

Under-21 Euro qualifiers: Scotland U21 v Kazakhstan U21 (St Mirren Park)

Live on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@ScotlandNationalTeam/streams

Scotland's group: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2025_UEFA_European_Under-21_Championship_qualification_Group_B#Standings

We've gone great, landmark wins against Hungary and Belgium.

Scotland v Spain on September 6. I reckon we will beat them, I really do, top the group, avoid the playoffs.

U21 Euro qualifiers are hard as fuck, the tournament itself is brutal, top class teams, Scotland have struggled to qualify for U21 Euros.

It's held next year in Slovenia.

Hungary v Turkey's Friday friendly will be interesting, Steve Clarke will be watching that. 

I genuinely feel that we can beat Germany, Hungary and Switzerland. Maybe two wins and a draw, 7 points.

Round of 16 v Denmark/Slovenia/Croatia would be ideal, I feel. Avoid England, Spain, Portugal.

Happy to play ANYONE in the quarters, just hope we get through and get a beatable team in R16.

Scotland v Spain in the quarters, Friday 5th July, 19:00 in Stuttgart would be epic.

England v Scotland would be the other possible quarter, Saturday 6th, 19:00 in Düsseldorf. That would be... aye. ☢️

There's no easy matches in the Euros now, there never really was. Clarke will be studying ALL the teams.

Saturday friendlies of interest:

19:00 Denmark v Switzerland 

19:00 England v Brazil (Channel 4)

20:00 France v Germany

35 minutes ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Hungary v Turkey's Friday friendly will be interesting, Steve Clarke will be watching that. 

I genuinely feel that we can beat Germany, Hungary and Switzerland. Maybe two wins and a draw, 7 points.

Round of 16 v Denmark/Slovenia/Croatia would be ideal, I feel. Avoid England, Spain, Portugal.

Happy to play ANYONE in the quarters, just hope we get through and get a beatable team in R16.

Scotland v Spain in the quarters, Friday 5th July, 19:00 in Stuttgart would be epic.

England v Scotland would be the other possible quarter, Saturday 6th, 19:00 in Düsseldorf. That would be... aye. ☢️

There's no easy matches in the Euros now, there never really was. Clarke will be studying ALL the teams.

Confident he’ll be watching Netherlands v Scotland on Friday tbh.

He’s over in the ‘dam right now, posted this on insta

spacer.png 

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Hungary will win our group. Maybe.

Scotland will finish 4th (but perform admirably)

YHIHF.

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Hungary will win our group. Maybe.

Scotland will finish 4th (but perform admirably)

YHIHF.

Nah, Hungary are good, but they were hardly tested in the Euro qualifiers. Their best results were beating Serbia 2-1 twice, but Serbia aren't great, either. Switzerland were bang average in the qualifiers, they struggled in many matches, scraped draws in the last minutes of games. Romania were by far the best team in that group, glad we didn't get them, fuck me, imagine if Hungary had to play Romania in the Euros?! They fucking HATE each other, one of the biggest hatreds in the world. How Hungary shapes up against Turkey will be interesting.

Scotland are some team, we'll show that on Friday night in Holland. We can get 7 points this summer, 5 is enough, even 4. No one will have it easy, even France, Austria could be a dark horse in this, they are playing in the neighbour's backy, they'll have a strong support, it's the best Austria side since 1978/82, maybe even 1954. Lots of experienced and skilful players in that team.

Scotland v Northern Ireland and Finland are going to be on BBC Scotland, btw. Holland game is only on Viaplay.

1 hour ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I don't follow international football very closely but everything is pointing to an England victory. Hope I'm wrong. Not because I bear the English any ill will or malice but rather the media hyperbole would be too much to handle. 

I don't know, they have so much quality, but do they have the bottle? Southgate is an apex over-thinker and puts on players as subs purely because he is fond of them, "as a person". Never seen a manager do that before - sentimental substitutions.

Belgium, Portugal could win it and Austria could be a dark horse. Turkey could be, too, I am beginning to wonder. Turks feel at home in Germany.

If Greece beat Kazakhstan and then Georgia, they'll be in Turkey's group, yikes! Also playing Portugal and Czechia. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2024_Group_F#Standings

17 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I don't follow international football very closely but everything is pointing to an England victory. Hope I'm wrong. Not because I bear the English any ill will or malice but rather the media hyperbole would be too much to handle. 

The media point towards an England victory every single tournament. They will fall short, just like they have done in every tournament for the last 60 years.

They do have a lot of incredibly good players in their squad though. If they had a better manager than Southgate who could get the best out of them all I'd be worried. 

Holland 4 - 0 Scotland

A soft headed goal in the 72nd minute made it 2-0, then another soft header from a corner in the 84th. Fourth goal was almost a walk in. Not a reflective scoreline, Scotland have been the better team overall, tough, great passing, nice attacks. Shankland was through on goal and hit the bar. Looks like Northern Ireland played well against Romania. Hungary were excellent against Turkey, 1-0, could have been 3-0. They always play great at home these days.

Watching the France v Germany game. 0-2 Germany. 0-1 after 8 seconds, Wirtz wonder-strike, phenomenal goal. 

Germany look amazing at times. Wirtz, Musiala, Havertz are some combination. They are going to demolish Scotland unless we put together a merciless defence.

Denmark v Switzerland was 0-0. Hungary looked good against Turkey.

We're in big trouble, I reckon. We have to aim for 2nd place in the group and maybe squeak through in 3rd on 4 points, fuck that 3 points shit. Beat Switzerland, draw with Hungary, don't concede more than 4 goals in those three matches. Hopefully Switzerland lose all there matches, which they are capable of, but Scotland will have it tough against Germany. We can do it, though, we just need to tighten the fuck up. Northern Ireland on Tuesday will tell us a lot.