Aberdeen 2 - 3 PAOK

1 hour ago, ullevi said:

Just shut up Harper the world has moved on since he played and he is a dinosaur, so he was never tired or fatigued after a game or had to be taken off as he had given everything a load of old nostalgic rubbish from him 

Harper was hardly an athlete. Great goalscorer but never did a great deal of running.

He's fucking right, professional athlete should be able to play a game a day. Fucking bollocks about being tired. Tennis players do 5 hour games and get up and do it again.

It's in the head.

I played 5 hour matches in my youth then did a paper round and did another 3 at night, never any injuries or fatigue, I still played like Maradona at his peak. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
9 hours ago, thurso said:

Polvara was knackered and as a result started making bad passes, just before he was subbed he gave the ball away chased back went to ground to win it back ant took a bit to get back up. 
Miovski wasn’t closing defenders down the same so they were getting time to step out into midfield to create an overload leaving others to do extra work.
I’m guessing that’s why they came off and duk and clarckson had been warming up waiting to get on for about 5 mins. 

With Barron Iv no idea I don’t think he should of come off but maybe he took a kick or felt something and they rushed to get him of as hayes didn’t seem to be warming up as long as the other two. 

yes the long throws are very annoying Id stop that to never comes off 

Yup

4 hours ago, TerryMcDermott said:

“When I played for Aberdeen, we had European games on a Wednesday night and then played on Saturday. There was no fatigue, mental or physical.”
- Joe Harper, todays P&J

I feel like the Euro fatigue card is getting way over played. 

And he was never in shape like these guys. Played on worse pitches, headed fucking stone footballs as well. 

Obv the game has moved on but the fatigue shit bothers me as well. We've got a huge squad, it's just lopsided. 

4 hours ago, TerryMcDermott said:

These lads today simply don’t get to experience the restorative benefits of a half time Guinness and a lambert and butler to wash it down. 

That reminds me of a joke I was told too many years ago. Player transfers to a much bigger club. First week and they give him the keys to a big detached house with a swimming pool, that's amazing he says they only gave me a two bed semi at City. Next he gets handed the keys to a flash sports car, wow he says they only gave me a mini at City.

Gets to Friday and after training the manager takes him to one side and says right were going to play you from the start tomorrow then pull you off at half time. Fuckin hell boss we only used to get half an orange at City. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Cambridge Red said:

That reminds me of a joke I was told too many years ago. Player transfers to a much bigger club. First week and they give him the keys to a big detached house with a swimming pool, that's amazing he says they only gave me a two bed semi at City. Next he gets handed the keys to a flash sports car, wow he says they only gave me a mini at City.

Gets to Friday and after training the manager takes him to one side and says right were going to play you from the start tomorrow then pull you off at half time. Fuckin hell boss we only used to get half an orange at City. 

You could at least tell us the joke

Last season he went on that winning run by sticking to a consistent line up, with limited substitutions.

Maybe too limited at times and maybe forced by lack of personnel to a certain degree, but why on earth did he decide to go full Goodwin on Thursday night.

Basically mimic the thing that signalled the beginning of the end for his predecessor. 

The old saying seems appropriate - those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

10 hours ago, CCB III said:

And he was never in shape like these guys. Played on worse pitches, headed fucking stone footballs as well. 

Obv the game has moved on but the fatigue shit bothers me as well. We've got a huge squad, it's just lopsided. 

Who’s in charge of the training.  Who’s in charge of the physical programme.    Whoever it is needs fired.   There’s too many powder puffs in the team. 

10 hours ago, CCB III said:

George Kinnel used to go to the pub before a game.   And he was fit enough to put in a full 90 minutes.   

18 hours ago, thurso said:

Ok we take of polvara out on clarkson by himself he still gets caught out by the wind and misses the ball, their best player still ends up with the ball and Jensen still probably slips. They would have still scored and 10 mins later var might still have fucked us over. 

Just because they had a few weeks without a game it doesn’t mean during the game players don’t get tired and worn out we when they are running about a lot working hard 

WHAT. 

2 hours ago, Galloways Cucumber said:

Saturday now.

Don't know why but watching them cunts celebrating at Todders like they just won the cup really hurts.

I'm more beat down than when the tims do it-usually next day after I'm fine but this one is so hard to swallow.

todders??? 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, Galloways Cucumber said:

Saturday now.

Don't know why but watching them cunts celebrating at Todders like they just won the cup really hurts.

I'm more beat down than when the tims do it-usually next day after I'm fine but this one is so hard to swallow.

Looks like everyone is beat down, there is no match thread for tomorrow's game

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, daytripping said:

He's fucking right, professional athlete should be able to play a game a day. Fucking bollocks about being tired. Tennis players do 5 hour games and get up and do it again.

It's in the head.

Exactly, modern players are pampered prima donnas who wouldn't have lasted five minutes on the mud baths of the pre-Bosman era. 

13 hours ago, CCB III said:

Joe Harper is correct, these excuses rarely, if ever, reared their heads in his day. It's a disgrace.

3 hours ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Well, we're all glad that Mark McGhee still had his legs in the 112th minute at the Ullevi.. right?

No highly paid 'Sports Scientists' in those days.

If a player can't run for 90+ minutes, there's something wrong.

Although I think sports science has played a positive part in athletic performances overall, I agree with your point. Our players have been off the pace all season and with our new "state of the art" training facilities, there is absolutely no excuse.

2 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Who’s in charge of the training.  Who’s in charge of the physical programme.    Whoever it is needs fired.  There’s too many powder puffs in the team. 

I made this point elsewhere, only for one of our "fans" to weakly come back with a "what sort of athlete are YOU?!" retort. My own achievements are irrelevant, what is undeniable is that our squad are not performing anywhere near the level we should expect, for both the money we've invested and the fact they are young professional athletes in the prime of their career. Something is clearly wrong in the methodologies and/or the people employed.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, brunstanesheep said:

When you see what Newcastle got a pen for through VAR just pisses me off more ours never even got looked at. Yes Im still bitter as fuck. Fuck VAR

The ref gave the Newcastle pen though. Half the issue is the referee not giving it in the first place because then var are checking to see if its "a clear and obvious error".