Aberdeen 2 - 3 PAOK

Probably have to win this one to have any hope of progressing. Not impossible but very unlikely based on what we’ve seen so far this season:

I’d expect Robson to shit the bed and play an extra midfielder rather than two strikers:

Roos, Devlin, Gartenmann, Rubezic, Jensen, McKenzie, Barron, Shinnie, Polvara, McGrath, Miovski 

12 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Probably have to win this one to have any hope of progressing. Not impossible but very unlikely based on what we’ve seen so far this season:

I’d expect Robson to shit the bed and play an extra midfielder rather than two strikers:

Roos, Devlin, Gartenmann, Rubezic, Jensen, McKenzie, Barron, Shinnie, Polvara, McGrath, Miovski 

Think we have played better with Miovski up top on his own rather than 2 strikers and Duk missing sitters galore. 

if we have any plans to get out the group we absolutely need to win the 2 home games. Doesn’t seem realistic but we did once beat Copenhagen 4-0 with Richie Byrne and Ricky Foster in the team

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Think we have played better with Miovski up top on his own rather than 2 strikers and Duk missing sitters galore. 

if we have any plans to get out the group we absolutely need to win the 2 home games. Doesn’t seem realistic but we did once beat Copenhagen 4-0 with Richie Byrne and Ricky Foster in the team

Agree we played better with Miovski up top on his own and maybe should start that way on Thursday.  PAOK are no mugs and although are fairly decent they are beatable however we can't afford to give them as many chances we gave Rangers at Ibrox the other week.  Shinnie is going to have to be on his game as is who ever else is in the middle.  Up front or in the wide areas whether its Miovski or Duk ect we are going to need to be clinical.  

5 hours ago, starryfish said:

agree it'll be the Frankfurt/Ibrox formation but would presume Clarkson would start instead of Barron or Polvara in your team

In

I think we'll see the 541 again, at least at the start of the game. 

Question will be whether Polvara or Clarkson get the extra midfield slot as I suspect Shinnie, McGrath and Barron are nailed on for this game. 

He'll probably go with Polvara with Duk and Clarkson coming on during the second half. 

I think we'll need to score first if we want to win this one. If we let them score first it'll be a tough night. 

2-1 Dons. Start strongly, Miovski sticks one low past their advancing keeper on a counter attack then we double our lead with a strong header from a corner (Ruby).

Half time  2-0.

Second half they get stronger and score with 15 mins to go then squeaky bum time for the remainder including loads of additional time.

Three precious points in the bag 👍.

COYR 

I note PAOK secured a 2-0 win at home yesterday against the second bottom team in their league.

I remember when they played Hearts at Tynecastle, their defence were dodgy at best.

We've got to come out of the traps like a red-coated greyhound from trap 1 (but hopefully nae like a dog from trap 1 banging into other dogs at the first bend) and get right intae them from the start.

8 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

They looked very slick against Hearts. Moving the ball quickly and knew when to commit forward. Hearts though, dominated wee spells so although it will be a difficult game, I think we have a chance.

We definitely have loon. We have the requisite ability and pace to get by their cumbersome defence to create many chances, score goals, and win the match.🤞

It's just a sickener we never did that in our previous ECL tie against HJK. However, our destiny is very much still in our own hands. 

• Upvote 1

In

Hopefully Robson plays the 5-4-1 formation that we look better suited to against teams who are going to have the majority of possession. Result > performance for me here so would take a win in any shape or fashion.

Think Barron deserves to start over Clarkson but wouldn't be surprised to see LC restored to that deep lying role. Need a disciplined performance from Shinnie to come away with anything I feel.

5-0 (Miovski 5)

9 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Big game, but feels a bit deflated after the draw against HJK.

Deflated? I don't get that

3 weeks without a game, home Euro night under the lights against a decent side, likely full house.

Personally I can't fuckin wait and I'm buzzing already for the match. Plenty of utter dogshit matches to come this season against the usual suspects no doubt, I'm looking forward to Pittodrie rocking on Thursday and hopefully one of those nights that live long in the memory

56 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Deflated? I don't get that

3 weeks without a game, home Euro night under the lights against a decent side, likely full house.

Personally I can't fuckin wait and I'm buzzing already for the match. Plenty of utter dogshit matches to come this season against the usual suspects no doubt, I'm looking forward to Pittodrie rocking on Thursday and hopefully one of those nights that live long in the memory

All leads to disappointment with Aberdeen.