Robsonball

58 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Next D Day is surely 9th December! Results up to and possibly including that date will define his position 

if the board were going to bin him, last week would have been the time, as that would have given us the int break to start looking. 

I think we’re stuck with him until the end of the month at least. I don’t see us getting anything against sevco, or hibs tbh. I don’t see them sacking him 2 weeks before the final as we wouldn’t have a manager in in time to make a difference imo. 

I hope I am wrong, but I don’t see us taking many points prior to the final if he insists on the long ball pish.

The livi game will be massive and I think it the result in that game will determine what happens…

1 hour ago, CraigHill said:

G Man is categoric in his belief that Robson is not that way inclined.

He absolutely is that way inclined.

All the guff Robson spouts regarding Aberdeen and an affection for the club is BS. Spin owing to the club he now manages which happens to be in the area he grew up in.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me that he's a hun, it bothers me that he's not a very good coach/manager.

• Upvote 7
1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

if the board were going to bin him, last week would have been the time, as that would have given us the int break to start looking. 

I think we’re stuck with him until the end of the month at least. I don’t see us getting anything against sevco, or hibs tbh. I don’t see them sacking him 2 weeks before the final as we wouldn’t have a manager in in time to make a difference imo. 

I hope I am wrong, but I don’t see us taking many points prior to the final if he insists on the long ball pish.

The livi game will be massive and I think it the result in that game will determine what happens…

The board should be talking to potential options now! Then it’s basically one out one in on the same day! Harsh but necessary 

1 minute ago, The Gee Man said:

After losses to Sevco, hibs. Killi and hearts we surely would

I genuinely don’t think we would.

Remember we didn’t have the savvy to sack Goodwin after the worst result in our 120 year history.

If results are shite up to the winter break, that might be a natural time to look for a new man. 

Fuck knows, the sooner the better. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, CraigHill said:

If results don’t improve by end of January, we’ll be on 24 points after 22 games with zero chance of European football next season and likely in a relegation dogfight.

Way too fucking late.

Be out the Scottish cup as well if the clowns still in charge 

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

He absolutely is that way inclined.

All the guff Robson spouts regarding Aberdeen and an affection for the club is BS. Spin owing to the club he now manages which happens to be in the area he grew up in.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me that he's a hun, it bothers me that he's not a very good coach/manager.

Family all Rangers fans 

" I wouldn't play for those cunts, if they were the last team on earth"

9 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

You could put a similar spin on a lot of coaches. Duncan Ferguson is still relatively untested as a manager and, as others have pointed out, did not do well at Forest Green. He's started reasonably well at ICT but then Robson started well with us? It doesn't really indicate anything. 

The process (prawcess) for the next manager (before you even bring in the wider shambolic football structure at the Dons) should be identifying individuals who have shown they can go into a club where there is pressure and thrive in it, galvanise it from top to bottom, are tactically adept (ie have a plan A, B and C and adapt when things aren't going to plan) and are willing to partake in a modernised recruitment process but can still identify a player themselves.

We're not going to find someone who has fit that mould at multiple clubs because they will be operating at the top level, so it might have to be someone who has shown it somewhere but had a checkered record somewhere else. They might be a Chris Wilder or they might be an overlooked coach in Scandinavia, Asia, elsewhere. The bottom line is we have to put the work in and find them. We have not done that yet.

I didn’t say it automatically made him a good manager but that he had a profile that suggested their might be something there, showed up decent experience and working with good managers at a good level.

Unlike Robson who I’m afraid had done nothing at all as a coach before we made him our manager.

2 hours ago, Helmet said:

I didn’t say it automatically made him a good manager but that he had a profile that suggested their might be something there, showed up decent experience and working with good managers at a good level.

Unlike Robson who I’m afraid had done nothing at all as a coach before we made him our manager.

Imagine Duncan Ferguson and Ruby in the same changing room! There would either be a collaboration and some sort of revolution or one kills the other within the 1st week! 

10 hours ago, DandyWarhol said:

Would love to see us go 4-2-3-1 or something similar.

Roos

Devlin Gartenmann Rubezic Jensen

Barron Shinnie

McGrath    Clarkson       Duk

Miovski

Think that would be a better balance, with fewer gaps for the opposition to exploit, whilst also having our best creative attacking players on the park at the same time. Robson's determination to stick with 5 at the back is going to be his undoing.

I'm pretty sure this exact line up has been posted at least weekly since the start of the season.

We can but hope.

• Upvote 1
On 11/19/2023 at 7:22 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I genuinely don’t think we would.

Remember we didn’t have the savvy to sack Goodwin after the worst result in our 120 year history.

If results are shite up to the winter break, that might be a natural time to look for a new man. 

Fuck knows, the sooner the better. 

Might as well get behind him in the interim and hope for the best in that case.

He's incredibly unlikely to be sacked this year with the cup final the week before Christmas unless the wheels really come off.

Fans should hope the performances and results improve, meaning he keeps his job. The alternative is hoping for shit results so he gets binned. Hopefully nobody is in that category other than a few forum attention seekers.

• Upvote 3
41 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Might as well get behind him in the interim and hope for the best in that case.

He's incredibly unlikely to be sacked this year with the cup final the week before Christmas unless the wheels really come off.

Fans should hope the performances and results improve, meaning he keeps his job. The alternative is hoping for shit results so he gets binned. Hopefully nobody is in that category other than a few forum attention seekers.

100% the best scenario is always a manager comes good.

I previously thought Robson would get the chop around March time. But unless we're genuinely threatened by relegation (and i don't see that happening), i see him leading us into next season.

Superficially he's secured third place, delivered European football and taken us to a Cup Final. Scratch the surface and the picture's not quite so rosy, but Barry's stock seems to be very high within the club.

8 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

100% the best scenario is always a manager comes good.

I previously thought Robson would get the chop around March time. But unless we're genuinely threatened by relegation (and i don't see that happening), i see him leading us into next season.

Superficially he's secured third place, delivered European football and taken us to a Cup Final. Scratch the surface and the picture's not quite so rosy, but Barry's stock seems to be very high within the club.

Well no, the best scenario is the club “comes good”.

I’m an Aberdeen fan, not a Robson fan.

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1