Robsonball

1 hour ago, Dandyesque said:

I meant level of performance compared to the opposition were against. 

If you can't recognise that we played our game exceptionally well against Frankfurt and PAOK away, then I'm afraid you'll never be happy.

We played well given the opposition but also rode our luck to an extent. We’ve also drawn 3 and lost 3 of the 6 despite these supposed wonderful performances.

You really have comprehension difficulties don't you?

Not really no. Im just not getting a boner about being knocked out of 2 competitions with 2 games to spare. 

2 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

I meant level of performance compared to the opposition were against. 

If you can't recognise that we played our game exceptionally well against Frankfurt and PAOK away, then I'm afraid you'll never be happy.

I was more than happy with both performances, however that doesn't cut it against teams like Livi where you need to be on the front foot and actually create stuff, can work hard all you want but if all of the creativity is stifled in the players with negative football, you won't get the desired results. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

This current group have players like Rubezic, Mackenzie, Habib Gueye, Shayden Morris, a 36 year old Jonny Hayes, Or Dadia, a 30 year old Nicky Devlin. It has Anthony Stewart and Jaden Richardson out on loan. 

Morris who's injured and Gueye who we've hardly seen? Or Dadia who we've not seen? 

Not sure about the relevance of Devlins age as aside from one or two matches at the start he's been arguably our most consistent player. 

McKenzie was coming on to a game but has since regressed, right enough. Is worth mentioning he's second choice behind a fit McGarry, who is clearly a better technical player. 

6 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

After listening to an Alan Burrows podcast yesterday, it’s not even registering with anyone at AFC that Houston, we have a problem. 

Burrows was part of the recruitment process, and settled on Robson. He now appears to be his best mate at the club. Like you said, the 6-0 scudding won't even have registered at board level. He'll back Robson through anything I think.

He needs to know that 10th and a cup final might be a great season for Motherwell, it isn't for us. If we're not top four minimum by January 1st then the club should definitely be considering Robson's position. Winning the League Cup would be irrelevant in that.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Dunty said:

Burrows was part of the recruitment process, and settled on Robson. He now appears to be his best mate at the club. Like you said, the 6-0 scudding won't even have registered at board level. He'll back Robson through anything I think.

He needs to know that 10th and a cup final might be a great season for Motherwell, it isn't for us. If we're not top four minimum by January 1st then the club should definitely be considering Robson's position. Winning the League Cup would be irrelevant in that.

So we win the League Cup - which would be only our 2nd trophy in getting on for 3 decades - and are 5th (I believe we'd be 5th by winning our 2 games in hand) you'd want him sacked?

I honestly despair.

12 hours ago, minijc said:

I was more than happy with both performances, however that doesn't cut it against teams like Livi where you need to be on the front foot and actually create stuff, can work hard all you want but if all of the creativity is stifled in the players with negative football, you won't get the desired results. 

Yes, that was really quite shit.

The European adventure will be over soon and hopefully the bread and butter gets better when it does. I can remember how shit we were in the league under Calderwood while getting results against Dnipro, Copenhagen and Lokomotiv.

I'm making allowances for now, but not indefinitely. 

2 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

The European adventure will be over soon and hopefully the bread and butter gets better when it does. I can remember how shit we were in the league under Calderwood while getting results against Dnipro, Copenhagen and Lokomotiv.

What makes you think “the bread & butter” of the league will be better?

Robson’s “style” is what it is. 

It won’t change.

He’ll just have fewer excuses to justify it. 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

IMG-0756.jpg

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

What makes you think “the bread & butter” of the league will be better?

Robson’s “style” is what it is. 

It won’t change.

He’ll just have fewer excuses to justify it. 

Perhaps. I'm prepared to wait and see as I have limited faith in the FMB getting the next appointment right.

So we win the League Cup - which would be only our 2nd trophy in getting on for 3 decades - and are 5th (I believe we'd be 5th by winning our 2 games in hand) you'd want him sacked?

I honestly despair.

If all the other results and performances are terrible, do you give him a free pass just because he beats Rangers at Hampden?

I'n not currently in a Robson out camp, but if the current form isn't turned around by the beginning of next year then clearly he isn't solving a problem. The League Cup final is just one game.

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Don’t disagree about the FMB comment, but doesn’t mean we hang on to a shite manager with shite tactics 

Indeed. I'm also hoping for improvement over the period. Generally,  unless we're in danger of being relegated, I think a manager should get a couple of windows to build the team and style he really wants.

Its nowhere near as bad as under Goodwin, but it's probably similar to Glass, except with the reverse style or play. The difference being a cup final and group stage football.

I agree it can't continue as it is indefinitely- we'd have been better off keeping McInnes

3 hours ago, Dunty said:

If all the other results and performances are terrible, do you give him a free pass just because he beats Rangers at Hampden?

I'n not currently in a Robson out camp, but if the current form isn't turned around by the beginning of next year then clearly he isn't solving a problem. The League Cup final is just one game.

The final is just one game, but it takes a few wins to get there.

Trophies are what it's all about, not being 3rd at Christmas. 

5 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

You kidding?

King jimmy never had us anywhere near as keech as this in the league!

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Indeed. I'm also hoping for improvement over the period. Generally,  unless we're in danger of being relegated, I think a manager should get a couple of windows to build the team and style he really wants.

Its nowhere near as bad as under Goodwin, but it's probably similar to Glass, except with the reverse style or play. The difference being a cup final and group stage football.

I agree it can't continue as it is indefinitely- we'd have been better off keeping McInnes

The problem I have is Robson is not a manager where you think “I can see what he’s trying to do, and there’s hope for improvement.

I see nothing.

Other than an awful team to watch, with a squad that does have some good players that aren’t being used or allowed to play to their strengths.

The quicker he’s gone, the better. 

But we’ll have to put up with him for a while yet as it’s clear both Cormack & Burrows haven’t even entertained the idea. 

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The problem I have is Robson is not a manager where you think “I can see what he’s trying to do, and there’s hope for improvement.

I see nothing.

Other than an awful team to watch, with a squad that does have some good players that aren’t being used or allowed to play to their strengths.

The quicker he’s gone, the better. 

But we’ll have to put up with him for a while yet as it’s clear both Cormack & Burrows haven’t even entertained the idea. 

Something which sticks out for me is it's not just fans saying this, it's pundits too. Willie Miller in particular has repeatedly said it.

6 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

I honestly despair.

We won’t win the league cup.  Reason there’s no fuel in the engine. And when there is we splutter and leak all over the place.   The mechanic from Inverurie hasn’t a clue how to fix it.   And the owner of the company is clueless. So dream on. 

• Dildo 1