Robsonball

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Yes 3 wins isn’t very good but we have only won 2 games less than the team in third with a game in hand on them. 

I’m sorry, but that doesn’t wash with me. The fact that the team in 3rd won that amount of games, and we are 7 points behind is a shocking stat, that robson and his apologists should be ashamed of. 

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I’m sorry, but that doesn’t wash with me. The fact that the team in 3rd won that amount of games, and we are 7 points behind is a shocking stat, that robson and his apologists should be ashamed of. 

Well we have also won 3  games in the League Cup ..getting through to the final and the group stages in Europe is one of the reasons we have so many fixtures coming up.

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Well we have also won 3  games in the League Cup ..getting through to the final and the group stages in Europe is one of the reasons we have so many fixtures coming up.

I haven’t mentioned the amount of games we have coming up. 3 wins in the league cup is irrelevant to the league and our position in said league - 2 points off the bottom…

5 hours ago, NEM said:

Couldn't care less how "tough" the run is - if he doesn't start winning games he needs to go, simple as that.

If the board had half a clue he'd already be gone.

Exactly. We all play the same teams over the season…

though, this ‘tough run’ involves such teams as Kilmarnock, hibs, hearts, livingstone and Dundee.

the European games are meaningless. Robson saw to that with the pish poor performances at home. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Helmet said:

That’s not ideal necessarily though.

I though my point was obvious as well but it seems not.

Wanting the manager to do well enough he doesn’t get sacked is not the same as wanting the club to really progress, improve and win things.

A manager could easily carry on flattering to deceive while the club stagnates.

I’d much rather we focused on longer term objectives and a management team to achieve those rather then a manager hoping he can wing it through the next 5 games well enough not to be sacked.

So.. my point is still that we should be focused on what’s good for the club not any one individual.

He said the best scenario is the manager comes good which in turn means the club comes good. He didn’t say any of the things you listed. No one said hoping we get through the next 5 games or flattering to deceive. 

“Come good” means do well and meet our goals. 

You won’t like it but you’ve clearly missed the point, not the other way round. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Roberto said:

Are you pals?

Nope, never met him, which is why I was a bit surprised by the link you made.

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

He said the best scenario is the manager comes good which in turn means the club comes good. He didn’t say any of the things you listed. No one said hoping we get through the next 5 games or flattering to deceive. 

“Come good” means do well and meet our goals. 

You won’t like it but you’ve clearly missed the point, not the other way round. 

I don’t think I’ve missed at all, the point you’ve explained is exactly what I thought I was replying too - I just really disagree with the sentiment of the post, it’s the wrong way to look at things imo.

But I’ll admit I’m definitely splitting hairs a bit here so I shouldn’t have bothered starting this rather pointless debate.

6 hours ago, Roberto said:

Realised its better when Robson doesn't speak.

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Probably because Robson is Luke a stuck record & not even a very good record at that

3 hours ago, Helmet said:

I quite like it when they switch it around and we get the assistant managers views though. Does no harm.

Had hoped for something more interesting like he was interviewing for the Rangers job.

23 hours ago, thurso said:

Yes 3 wins isn’t very good but we have only won 2 games less than the team in third with a game in hand on them. 

We've "only" got 2 less wins than St Mirren and you are using this as your positive for Robson? We've got less wins than Dundee and Kilmarnock too. 

We've had 1 more win than St Johnstone, Ross County and Livi this season, three of the worst sides i've seen in the Premiership for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Chapeau to any poster on here who looks at our league record and performances, and makes a positive out of it. 

I admire your indefatigeability. 

There’s some crazy levels of denial going on.

No bother if they just came out and said they wanted to stick with Robbo but all the denial that goes around it is crazy.

7 hours ago, SoundOfSilence said:

We've "only" got 2 less wins than St Mirren and you are using this as your positive for Robson? We've got less wins than Dundee and Kilmarnock too. 

We've had 1 more win than St Johnstone, Ross County and Livi this season, three of the worst sides i've seen in the Premiership for a long time. 

Brutal reading when you put it like that.  

On 11/23/2023 at 1:49 PM, thurso said:

So fucking what? Why are you bothered about how bad another team(s) might be? 

It's fucking Aberdeen. We've one 3 games in the league. 2 of them against unbelievably poor opposition. The other was a hun team about to sack the manager. That is the only thing you should be concerned with, in my humble opinion.

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

So fucking what? Why are you bothered about how bad another team(s) might be? 

It's fucking Aberdeen. We've one 3 games in the league. 2 of them against unbelievably poor opposition. The other was a hun team about to sack the manager. That is the only thing you should be concerned with, in my humble opinion.

Mental how any Aberdeen fan can make a positive of that. 

The International break's surely allowed Robson to work with the majority of the squad on the training pitch (something he frequently references). In a sense he has a clean slate, but the month ahead is huge.

I'd write off the remaining European fixtures given we've already been eliminated. If we get results, fantastic. They bring pride and financial reward, but the focus need be on the domestic scene.

Two games against the Hun, winning the first gets us back on track in the League, winning the second delivers a trophy. Robson buys himself a hell of a lot of goodwill if he wins the first and you can multiply that by ten if we win the Cup.

Excluding the Hun, we have a 5-2 home/away game split between now and the end of the year. The home games are infinitely winnable.

As for the away games, Dens is somewhere we should feel we're more than capable of getting a result. Easter Road's a much tougher venue, but only because we make it so.

Where we stand come January 1st will tell us a lot about where we're headed under Barry. If we've climbed the table and won a trophy, he deserves the season and beyond. If we're third, but no Cup, let's reassess come March/April. If we've been pumped in the Cup final and we're still circling the drain in the League, he has to go.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
19 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

The International break's surely allowed Robson to work with the majority of the squad on the training pitch (something he frequently references). In a sense he has a clean slate, but the month ahead is huge.

I'd write off the remaining European fixtures given we've already been eliminated. If we get results, fantastic. They bring pride and financial reward, but the focus need be on the domestic scene.

Two games against the Hun, winning the first gets us back on track in the League, winning the second delivers a trophy. Robson buys himself a hell of a lot of goodwill if he wins the first and you can multiply that by ten if we win the Cup.

Excluding the Hun, we have a 5-2 home/away game split between now and the end of the year. The home games are infinitely winnable.

As for the away games, Dens is somewhere we should feel we're more than capable of getting a result. Easter Road's a much tougher venue, but only because we make it so.

Where we stand come January 1st will tell us a lot about where we're headed under Barry. If we've climbed the table and won a trophy, he deserves the season and beyond. If we're third, but no Cup, let's reassess come March/April. If we've been pumped in the Cup final and we're still circling the drain in the League, he has to go.

Deserving of the MT moniker (don't think I didn't notice that)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JamieMT said:

Living on the other side of the world I like reading these positive posts before the grumpy neeps wake up 

2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Should be gone before cup final, especially if we are embarrassed tomorrow.

We waited too long with Glass and Goodwin (probably with McInnes too), and it hurt us. Yeah but, no but...be fucking decisive and grow a pair, Cormack.

That’s the worst part my gut feeling is that his position isn’t even under threat. We should have identified candidates by now and ready to pull trigger after next bad result. My fear is we are going into the cup final bottom 2/3 in league which is a disgraceful thought! 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

That’s the worst part my gut feeling is that his position isn’t even under threat. We should have identified candidates by now and ready to pull trigger after next bad result. My fear is we are going into the cup final bottom 2/3 in league which is a disgraceful thought! 

I don't think anyone in charge is looking at results anymore, unless they are financial ones.