Robsonball

It’s amazing how those in support of Robson will find any & all excuses to account for all our losses on a game by game basis but never ever willing to lay ANY blame at his door.

Cunts signed at least EIGHT fkn defenders in summer & said this was the main area we needed to improve on from Glass/Goodwin yet he has the worst fkn defensive record in the league.

Robson should sign G man, Thurso, TWL & Ernie. They’ve easily been his best defenders this season. Then again, he would never go with a back 4. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It’s amazing how those in support of Robson will find any & all excuses to account for all our losses on a game by game basis but never ever willing to lay ANY blame at his door.

Cunts signed at least EIGHT fkn defenders in summer & said this was the main area we needed to improve on from Glass/Goodwin yet he has the worst fkn defensive record in the league.

Robson should sign G man, Thurso, TWL & Ernie. They’ve easily been his best defenders this season. Then again, he would never go with a back 4. 

It’s like they feel sworn to protect Robson at all costs for the rest of eternity. We could be rock bottom by January and it wouldn’t shock me if folk were still kicking about talking about how we can’t sack another manager.

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We've only had one clean sheet in the league since the first game 0-0 v Livingston and that was a 0-0 v st Johnstone. The defence is a complete and utter fucking joke yet there are still people that believe Robsonball will get us somewhere, Rubezic will come good and that 5 defenders playing 3cbs and 2 wing backs is good for Aberdeen. 

That Robson is still in post despite the shocking style of football and damning statistics beggars belief. It is a poor reflection on the chairman and board that this is deemed to be acceptable and shows them up for what they are - weak and clueless. Do we not have standards anymore? 

Although Rubezic is coming in for a lot of flack the whole defence has been poor in a good few of the games, people seem to have a blind spot and Gartenan and Jensen have been just as culpable for sone of the goals. 

We signed about 8 defenders to solve last seasons leaky defence and there is a case to say they are worse than last years lot!!! Which I didn’t think was possible. 

24 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

those in support? Who? 

If he wins the final he can do what he wants but otherwise dead man walking

19 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

It’s like they feel sworn to protect Robson at all costs for the rest of eternity. We could be rock bottom by January and it wouldn’t shock me if folk were still kicking about talking about how we can’t sack another manager.

They decided he was good/the messiah after hearts capitulation last season & steadfastly refuse to believe/accept they were wrong.

I argued very much in Robson’s favour. He was getting the results & secured 3rd (by hook or by crook) & I argued in favour of him being given chance as manager. I fully accept I was hugely premature & wrong in my conclusion as many others were. His football is dreadful. He needs sacked NOW. 

I already admitted to minijc he was correct & I jumped on the ‘results’ bandwagon regardless of the football being played. Results mattered. But we clearly fkd up by appointing Robson based on that. Football hasn’t improved in slightest & he’s not even scraping the results now, so there is ZERO argument to keep Robson 

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

those in support? Who? 

If he wins the final he can do what he wants but otherwise dead man walking

He should be sacked NOW. No point even giving him final. Especially if it’s just for soft/sentimental bs & fear of media backlash.

New manager needs games in before jan window to asses where improvements needed. If we want to salvage ANYTHING from this season. 

The season is over already if we keep Robson 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

They decided he was good/the messiah after hearts capitulation last season & steadfastly refuse to believe/accept they were wrong.

I argued very much in Robson’s favour. He was getting the results & secured 3rd (by hook or by crook) & I argued in favour of him being given chance as manager. I fully accept I was hugely premature & wrong in my conclusion as many others were. His football is dreadful. He needs sacked NOW. 

I already admitted to minijc he was correct & I jumped on the ‘results’ bandwagon regardless of the football being played. Results mattered. But we clearly fkd up by appointing Robson based on that. Football hasn’t improved in slightest & he’s not even scraping the results now, so there is ZERO argument to keep Robson 

He should be sacked NOW. No point even giving him final. Especially if it’s just for soft/sentimental bs & fear of media backlash.

New manager needs games in before jan window to asses where improvements needed. If we want to salvage ANYTHING from this season. 

The season is over already if we keep Robson 

Disagree. 
Sticking with Robson will see us scrambling to avoid the bottom two. 

Cormack needs to tell Robson he's looking for his replacement but until they do he'll be in interim charge (he's good at that to be fair) and can lead the team out at Hampden as a nice send off.

But long term we all know it's when not if. New manager needs a clear run at the January transfer window.

23 matches played season to date and 2+ goals conceded in 14 of them.

A shocking trend that in any other walk of life would be subjected to corrective action. 

Robson clearly doesn't have a clue how to manage change from a defensive point of view. 

Even in the 7 match winning streak last season some were concerned at the amount of shots on goal we were giving up.

If Robson doesn't alter his tactics soon he simply has to go, especially if we get humiliated at Hampden. 

The FMB better be preparing for a successor, again!!!

1 minute ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

23 matches played season to date and 2+ goals conceded in 14 of them.

A shocking trend that in any other walk of life would be subjected to corrective action. 

Robson clearly doesn't have a clue how to manage change from a defensive point of view. 

Even in the 7 match winning streak last season some were concerned at the amount of shots on goal we were giving up.

If Robson doesn't alter his tactics soon he simply has to go, especially if we get humiliated at Hampden. 

The FMB better be preparing for a successor, again!!!

Therein lies two issues.

One, who they are. Garner, Gunn & Milne FFS!

Two, they’re probably not even discussing it.

The problem at Pittodrie is above Robson.

It’s the ill qualified incompetent numpties who keep appointing rookie managers.

Football is a simple game. We give away too many chances in every game, and we don't create enough. 

It's literally as simple as that, and it's killing us. 

And yet, as pointed out above, there's no great clamour amongst the Dons support for Robson to be sacked. We had a brilliant travelling support there yesterday but there was little anger at the end of the game....just an acceptance as we all turned round and walked out. 

You can't get away from the obvious feeling that too many are ignoring league performances and only seeing the cup final and European games. And I include the board in that. 

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Football is a simple game. We give away too many chances in every game, and we don't create enough. 

It's literally as simple as that, and it's killing us. 

And yet, as pointed out above, there's no great clamour amongst the Dons support for Robson to be sacked. We had a brilliant travelling support there yesterday but there was little anger at the end of the game....just an acceptance as we all turned round and walked out. 

You can't get away from the obvious feeling that too many are ignoring league performances and only seeing the cup final and European games. And I include the board in that. 

We've too many lick spittling fans in our support. Happy to take the accolade of being part of a great away support, one that travels in large numbers etc, etc.

But despite that Robson's reds fail to deliver on the pitch. And its mutely accepted. They have the club they deserve.

20 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

We've too many lick spittling fans in our support. Happy to take the accolade of being part of a great away support, one that travels in large numbers etc, etc.

But despite that Robson's reds fail to deliver on the pitch. And its mutely accepted. They have the club they deserve.

The likes of @G man & @thurso are perfect examples.

Results speaks for themselves.  
6 in 23. 
Win ratio under 25% since being appointed manager.  
Etc etc. 

But if folk think that the vast majority of league performances have been acceptable, then they don’t have an eye for football. 

I’ve wanted robson gone since start of season. But yesterday the performance was their but result wasn’t. We play like that every week and we will soon climb the table. If Ruby starts next game he should be sacked on spot. The main issue is that we will revert to the hoofball against Killie. If we dont win midweek he should be hounded out! 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The likes of @G man & @thurso are perfect examples.

Results speaks for themselves.  
6 in 23. 
Win ratio under 25% since being appointed manager.  
Etc etc. 

But if folk think that the vast majority of league performances have been acceptable, then they don’t have an eye for football. 

Sad (or pathetic) that people who have different views to you re the present situation “ do not have an eye for football” - whatever that means. The team performed well In yesterday’s game - anyone with an eye for football could see that. !!!!

38 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

11 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

13 games last season under Goodwin we had 22 points and a goal difference of plus 6. Same stage this season under Robson 13 points and goal difference of minus 8. Never thought we could have a worse manager than Goodwin but we clearly do, significantly worse.

You must have a short memory. Praise for Goodwin!!!!

Have you forgotten Darvel?