Robsonball

Might be off my head but I do think this team and manager is better than Goodwin last year. Stars don’t back it up, I know but from what I can see with my eyes we are a better side I think. 

The relegation talk is drivel, I get some stats back the argument but if you’re watching the game yesterday I find it hard to believe that people can think that.

All that doesn’t mean I think Robson is the man for the job before the usual suspects shit their pants and start going off on one. 

3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Might be off my head but I do think this team and manager is better than Goodwin last year. Stars don’t back it up, I know but from what I can see with my eyes we are a better side I think. 

The relegation talk is drivel, I get some stats back the argument but if you’re watching the game yesterday I find it hard to believe that people can think that.

All that doesn’t mean I think Robson is the man for the job before the usual suspects shit their pants and start going off on one. 

Squad is better than last season, manager possibly a lot worse.

Yesterday isn't the norm though, I'd say it's easy to look good when 1 and 2 nil down, I'd be far less concerned about a potential relegation scrap if yesterdays performance was the norm but it isn't, plenty of games where we have been terrible.

1 minute ago, G man said:

Again you cherry pick. At world cup break we were third, the squad went to Atlanta, cam back post world cup, lost the support of the squad went on a long run of defeats, including Darvel.

Not cherry picking, we've played 13 league games this season and have 13 points and a GD of -8. After 13 games last season we had 22 points and a GD of +6. It's a fact.

Goodwin was sacked after 23 games with 29 points and a GD of -6. Robson would need 16 points from next 10 games to even match that, which based on the season so far is highly unlikely.

He's a worse manager than Goodwin and i would never have thought that was a possibility. This season has been indefensible (1 win from 8 matches at home, 13 points from 13 league games, 7 games in Europe with zero wins) yet somehow you still find a way to defend him... its bizarre.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Squad is better than last season, manager possibly a lot worse.

Yesterday isn't the norm though, I'd say it's easy to look good when 1 and 2 nil down, I'd be far less concerned about a potential relegation scrap if yesterdays performance was the norm but it isn't, plenty of games where we have been terrible.

Yeah I agree about that performance not being the norm but I don’t agree we only started playing well 1-0 down.

In isolation yesterdays game wouldn’t be an issue. It’s the previous games that make it become one. 

8 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Not cherry picking, we've played 13 league games this season and have 13 points and a GD of -8. After 13 games last season we had 22 points and a GD of +6. It's a fact.

Goodwin was sacked after 23 games with 29 points and a GD of -6. Robson would need 16 points from next 10 games to even match that, which based on the season so far is highly unlikely.

He's a worse manager than Goodwin and i would never have thought that was a possibility. This season has been indefensible (1 win from 8 matches at home, 13 points from 13 league games, 7 games in Europe with zero wins) yet somehow you still find a way to defend him... its bizarre.

Goodwin alienated two squads of players. The players are still supporting Robson. Big difference.

1 hour ago, thegodfuzzy said:

None of ye want to put any responsibility on players. And Robson is defending them to a hilt,unlike Goodwin,who lost them. 

Gartenman pulling the shirt cost us the points against the rangers. Rubi has some great moments but he's costing us. Robson should be taking him out team. Duk missing chances,miovski misses. All these moments costing us and that's not on Robson. We could be a lot better off had we not had so many mistakes. 

But I don't feel everything can be shoved on Robson. We should be doing better however. Yesterday sums it up. Better team,Marshall excels for first time in a long time. 

This isnt happening every game. Miovski's goals have saved his skin I many games.

can I refresh your memory of the st johnstone at home game? Livi away? Killie away? The 2 games against Celtic? 

yesterday, hibs played us at our own game. They sat in and played us on the break after going 1 up. The difference being, they did it effectively. They rode their luck at times - exactly like we did in our run of 7 wins last year. 

we have 13 points from 13 games. That isn't down to players missing chances. We're simply utterly rubbish. That's the managers doing

1 hour ago, G man said:

It all depends how you look at things. I try to see things long term and try and see the positives.

- it is clear the players support Robson( Goodwin lost his squad twice)

- whilst accepting we have not won a game in Europe this season - when some were saying we would be heavily defeated, we have played 7 games and lost only twice. We have played 4 away games and lost only once. Celtic have a poorer record in Europe , especially in away matches for a number of years.

- there have been some very good performances- Motherwell away, Ross County - home and away and winning at Ibrox , the home game v Rangers and l also think the team played well yesterday.

- reaching our first final in years.

- winning at Ibrox for the first time in 5 years.

Of course things are not going well in the league but l think our fixtures have not been kind and we have played two less games than most teams.
l know certain individuals will say l am making excuses and they are entitled to their views. Equally so am l.

The 3 good performance have been the only games we’ve won. Why is that? Is it because we didn’t play long ball nonsense? 

the fact you mention winning at ibrox twice says it all…

1 hour ago, G man said:

It all depends how you look at things. I try to see things long term and try and see the positives.

- it is clear the players support Robson( Goodwin lost his squad twice)

- whilst accepting we have not won a game in Europe this season - when some were saying we would be heavily defeated, we have played 7 games and lost only twice. We have played 4 away games and lost only once. Celtic have a poorer record in Europe , especially in away matches for a number of years.

- there have been some very good performances- Motherwell away, Ross County - home and away and winning at Ibrox , the home game v Rangers and l also think the team played well yesterday.

- reaching our first final in years.

- winning at Ibrox for the first time in 5 years.

Of course things are not going well in the league but l think our fixtures have not been kind and we have played two less games than most teams.
l know certain individuals will say l am making excuses and they are entitled to their views. Equally so am l.

Deluded as fuck.

I think yesterdays game in isolation would have been far more widely accepted as an unlucky day and a decent performance if we were in a much better position in the league and on better form. If we had performed like yesterday for the last 3 months then we wouldn't be where we are in the table either. 

Truth is that the stats don't lie and we are in a terrible position for the money spent and squad of players we have assembled. I can totally understand why a large section want him sacked, but I can totally understand a large section who feel he deserves more time.  At this stage I don't think anyone can safely say with 100% conviction that he will turn this around and likewise that he won't turn it around. 

This league can flip on its head very quickly and with two wins and likely results going our way, we could be four points behind hearts with a game in hand come saturday at 5pm, going into a cup final a week later. That is the positive spin, as I know we could also end up further behind. 

I think its fair to say barring a complete disaster like Goodwin suffered, he will get the run of games until the winter break. It could absolutely be too late by then though. 

18 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

I think yesterdays game in isolation would have been far more widely accepted as an unlucky day and a decent performance if we were in a much better position in the league and on better form. If we had performed like yesterday for the last 3 months then we wouldn't be where we are in the table either. 

Truth is that the stats don't lie and we are in a terrible position for the money spent and squad of players we have assembled. I can totally understand why a large section want him sacked, but I can totally understand a large section who feel he deserves more time.  At this stage I don't think anyone can safely say with 100% conviction that he will turn this around and likewise that he won't turn it around. 

This league can flip on its head very quickly and with two wins and likely results going our way, we could be four points behind hearts with a game in hand come saturday at 5pm, going into a cup final a week later. That is the positive spin, as I know we could also end up further behind. 

I think its fair to say barring a complete disaster like Goodwin suffered, he will get the run of games until the winter break. It could absolutely be too late by then though. 

I can and will say 100% Robson will not turn this around.

He has shown nothing that has me thinking he’s got the team on the right track, I stupidly thought after the Motherwell game that he’d found a solution but then he reverted straight back to his previous terrible football. He’s done and the powers that be should show some bottle and remove him and employ someone who has experience

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, G man said:

- whilst accepting we have not won a game in Europe this season - when some were saying we would be heavily defeated, we have played 7 games and lost only twice. We have played 4 away games and lost only once. Celtic have a poorer record in Europe , especially in away matches for a number of years

We've lost three times in Europe from the 7 games (Hacken, Frankfurt and PAOK).

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Take a look at the league table.....

The performance yesterday we looked decent for spells but shambolic at the back - against an utterly shite Hibs side.

3 hours ago, thegodfuzzy said:

None of ye want to put any responsibility on players. And Robson is defending them to a hilt,unlike Goodwin,who lost them. 

Gartenman pulling the shirt cost us the points against the rangers. Rubi has some great moments but he's costing us. Robson should be taking him out team. Duk missing chances,miovski misses. All these moments costing us and that's not on Robson. We could be a lot better off had we not had so many mistakes. 

But I don't feel everything can be shoved on Robson. We should be doing better however. Yesterday sums it up. Better team,Marshall excels for first time in a long time. 

You make very valid points

24 minutes ago, NEM said:

Take a look at the league table.....

The performance yesterday we looked decent for spells but shambolic at the back - against an utterly shite Hibs side.

A Hibs side that have lost 1 in 12. Shite, yes but that’s sort of my point. We will be fine. 

Fine obviously meaning not relegated in this instance.