Robsonball

7 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

We absolutely did not have to appoint Robson. We could just have easily thanked him for his work and sent him on his way. If the FMB had any balls they would've done so. Instead, we fans were exposed to another experiment. 

Nobody was complaining at his appointment. 

I can’t imagine the state of most folks punts if we appointed someone else and lost a few games. Everyone would, naturally, be longing for the guy who had won 8 games in a row including beating the Huns at home for the first time in over 6 years 

Always liked Robson, but this shit show can't go on any longer. 

Couldn't give a fuck if we have a cup final coming up, I'd rather go in to it managerless than with Robson. I do think his interview tonight on RED TV was a bit of a giveaway that his time is up. 

Robson is a very small part of the problem in this football club however, the place needs completely cleared out it's rotten. 3 years of complete failure and at the end of the day it's the cunts behind the scenes that don't have a clue. If Cormack was to continue as chairman, which let's be honest he will, he needs to start by hiring an actually qualified DoF rather than a glorified travel agent who shouldn't even have been in the position in the first place. 

Then take his "FMB" and shove it up his big fat stinking hairy hoop. 

Fucking twats the lot of them.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

No, I don't think we'll claw it back. 

The board have a high threshold for what constitutes a sacking. 

I think the threshold is set by the fact they put the wrong man in the job in the first place, for AFC surely having less points than games played in the leauge come December and sitting 3 points off the bottom of the league mainly driven by Robsons tactics reaches the sacking threshold. and in his pre match interview he was asked what his message was to the players before the game and replied just play like you did against Hibs 2-0 defeat. but oh score goals tactical genius that should be a sacking offence alone

8 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

It’s ruining the final. It would be great to win the cup but a few days later reality would set in that we are stuck with him for the season. 

I know. 
Horrible position to be in.

90% chance we get horsed & we’ve delayed getting rid of him & appointing someone else, for the sake of one game & “having to give him the final”

10% we somehow win. 
Great…brilliant to beat the scum in the final… yet we’ll be in a relegation battle because the useless cunt will then get the season probably. 

13 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

It’s ruining the final. It would be great to win the cup but a few days later reality would set in that we are stuck with him for the season. 

I would honestly take being stuck with Robson a bit longer as a trade off for winning the cup 

It’s a cup ffs 

But any confidence I had in us actually winning it is diminishing badly 

And the Huns are fucking pish as well 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I know. 
Horrible position to be in.

90% chance we get horsed & we’ve delayed getting rid of him & appointing someone else, for the sake of one game & “having to give him the final”

10% we somehow win. 
Great…brilliant to beat the scum in the final… yet we’ll be in a relegation battle because the useless cunt will then get the season probably. 

Yup, a safer option would be sack him. If we win the final it’s a perfect situation. 

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

I would honestly take being stuck with Robson a bit longer as a trade off for winning the cup 

It’s a cup ffs 

But any confidence I had in us actually winning it is diminishing badly 

And the Huns are fucking pish as well 

Same but there’s an easy solution. I just know a week after winning the cup realisation we are stuck with this moron will set in. 

I'm now dreading the cup final. Horrible feeling it will be an embarrassment, thankfully it's only live on Viaplay so will only be viewed by a limited audience. 4-0 I'm going for but could easily end up worse than that.

After last night's showing, I'm expecting we will take nothing from Hearts at the weekend too. Depending on results elsewhere, we could find ourselves starting to get cut adrift alongside Livi at the bottom.

THe only good news is that Gnasher will certainly be back here for the LCF. So he can do the inevitable bulleting in person rather than deferring the job to someone else.

Social media in a way has taken pressure off chairman and hierarchy.

Before there would have been demonstration outside ground ( like Alex Smith says)  where its highly visible and can't be ignored 

Now with  forums like this and social media anger is vented on a screen, which clubs can say they don't use 

So if you want the club to notice it's going to have to be the old fashioned way outside  or inside the ground 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm now dreading the cup final. Horrible feeling it will be an embarrassment, thankfully it's only live on Viaplay so will only be viewed by a limited audience. 4-0 I'm going for but could easily end up worse than that.

After last night's showing, I'm expecting we will take nothing from Hearts at the weekend too. Depending on results elsewhere, we could find ourselves starting to get cut adrift alongside Livi at the bottom.

THe only good news is that Gnasher will certainly be back here for the LCF. So he can do the inevitable bulleting in person rather than deferring the job to someone else.

A week on Sunday has the recipe for chaos in Glesga if Robson is still in charge and the game is over early doors.

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

And herein lies the problem, if Robson is not removed today we are heading into a final with a manager that the vast majority of the paying fans do not want at the helm, we are disgusted / tried  / being humiliated (delete as appropriate) but most worryingly of all we are completely and utterly apathetic.   

We should be heading into the final with optimism, momentum and belief, it’s a very very sorry state to admit that we have none of these.  

We are at a very low point and the only credible option is to remove the manager, as I said last night the damage being caused to our club is far far greater than the performances or the points, it’s a festering wound leading to abject apathy and unless cut off at the root immediately is dangerous. 

• Upvote 1

Pros and cons of Barry Robson.

Pros

Fluked our way into the cup final

Cons

7 wins from 29 overall since being appointed permanently.

24% win percentage since appointed permanently (worst of any permanent manager in our history).

4 wins from last 19 league games.

13 points from 14 games this season.

19 goals conceded in 4 games against Celtic.

2nd bottom of the league in early December.

Significantly worse points vs points than Jim fucking Goodwin at same stage last season.

Goal difference of -9

0 wins from 7 in Europe.

Tactically inept.

Players not playing for him.

• Upvote 1

I'd imagine the board will be meeting today. They'll have heard the GTF chants at full time, seen all the stuff on social media etc. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see a tweet from the club saying that Robson has been left in no uncertain terms that results must improve. Much like post Darvel. Then Hearts turn us over on Saturday and Tippex teeth is back blabbing on club and national TV. 

We've all seen this before. We know it's how it'll go down. 

47 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Possibly the worst manager in our entire history, amazing achievment.

He has (somehow) managed to get us proper European football last season and into a cup final this season, so I don't know if we can say he's the worst ever, but by now he must have one of the lowest win %'s of all time?

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I'd imagine the board will be meeting today. They'll have heard the GTF chants at full time, seen all the stuff on social media etc. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see a tweet from the club saying that Robson has been left in no uncertain terms that results must improve. Much like post Darvel. Then Hearts turn us over on Saturday and Tippex teeth is back blabbing on club and national TV. 

We've all seen this before. We know it's how it'll go down. 

Take what you're saying but sadly the cup final is the saving grace for Robosn, colgate won't do anything until after the cup final. As others mentioned it's totally ruining any optimism for the cup final and could turn very very ugly if he's still there and we get pumped

2 minutes ago, G man said:

I have every right to contribute here as you do . Shocked you would think otherwise. On second thoughts - does not surprise me in the slightest. 

You’ve embarrassed yourself for weeks. You think you’d have the humility to come on today and say you were completely wrong. 

1 minute ago, Granite95 said:

Take what you're saying but sadly the cup final is the saving grace for Robosn, colgate won't do anything until after the cup final. As others mentioned it's totally ruining any optimism for the cup final and could turn very very ugly if he's still there and we get pumped

A league cup final these days just isn't that great an achievement. Scraped by Stirling, Ross County and Hibs to get to a final. I don't think that run really gives any manager a divine right to be allowed to manage his team in the cup final, if his other results have been so poor. Two clubs with far lower budgets than us have sacked their managers recently and both now sit above us.

Imagine a new manager coming in and winning the cup, that would buy him so much time to put his own stamp on things, a proper coach wanting to play attractive football. If the club is competent then they will have 3 to 5 names as it wasn't long ago they two months to go through this process, so must have a fair idea. Have them all interviewed by friday and the chosen candidate in for monday.