Robsonball

I'm so mixed on Robson my eyes are beginning to cross, while there are most likely far better managers out there when all goes well we look brilliant. When we are good we are hard to break down and we counter really well, it can be really exciting to watch, we have genuinely got a decent side and that is not being reflected in the table. 

I just don't know who you would get in, when the players are motivated we play some good football, it's a shame that he can only do that 40% of the time or while we're already at a disadvantage. I'd be interested in knowing if he said something at half time or if it was a player that motivated this come back. 

9 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Unfortunately this win will keep him in place until the January transfer window for sure

It will paper over some cracks for sure, but the more discerning among us will question why we only start to play after going behind? I wasn't at the game, but commentary suggested we did absolutely nothing and Hearts were in control, for the first half an hour or so. With the frequency at which we go behind, it's no wonder we're losing so many points, when we're chasing games instead of being on the front foot. 

52 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

He wins next Sunday he gets a bit longer

If not, cheery bye

Simple as that for me 

I don’t disagree, but I think today gets him up until the break maybe.

The final will be seen as a “nice to have”, unless of course it’s 4 or 5-0.

If he beats Livi after the final then he’ll absolutely get until the break at least.

Lose that (& bear in mind they’ve lost 6 in a row, with no goals scored) then he should be gone then.

On 12/7/2023 at 10:18 PM, Poodler said:

I see that mentally Ill woman has been on bbc sport Scotland Twitter giving her opinion on Bazza.

She’s a real pain in the neck on Twitter. Anyone in their 40’s using filters like that is teetering on the edge of a nervous breakdown

Although I suppose being a dons fan has us all on the ropes 

Why don't you put your name forward to go on these BBC podcasts?

Let us all see how ugly you are alongside some laughable opinions.

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Beat Livi & he’s here for the January window IMO. 

The final is an irrelevance in that he won’t get sacked for losing it. 

Our next 5 league games are ok so he really should be doing enough to ease the pressure. 

Frankfurt and Huns are free hits pretty much

• Dildo 1
8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Our next 5 league games are ok so he really should be doing enough to ease the pressure. 

Aye, agree, unless we get battered in the cup final. 
That, & a defeat to Livi and he’ll be history. 

But he does have fixtures where he should be looking to get in a position where he gets the January window & the rest of the season. 

Six more games this year

Frankfurt (H) Euro

Rangers (N) League Cup

Livi (H) League

Dundee (A) League

Motherwell (H) League

St Mirren (H) League

Frankfurt doesn't matter, although getting more points means more money and finishing third in the group is a minimum expectation 

For me, he needs to win the cup and be sitting at least 5th in the league by the end of the year.  That's a reasonable expectation for an Aberdeen manager and gives us something to build on for the rest of the season.  Clear out some of the transfer mistakes and bring in a couple of good signings in Jan and we could get a good Scottish cup run and finish in one of the Euro spots.

If he loses the final and home games to the two worst teams in the league then he's never going to make it work and needs to be replaced.

Make or break month for Barry.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Millertime said:

The final is NOT a free hit

Wtf

Agreed bud. Just meaning in terms of likelihood to be sacked the next day.

Of course we want to win, can win and  he'll be judged against it however most of the scenarios of what could go down at Hampden dont get him sacked.

4 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Six more games this year

Frankfurt (H) Euro

Rangers (N) League Cup

Livi (H) League

Dundee (A) League

Motherwell (H) League

St Mirren (H) League

Frankfurt doesn't matter, although getting more points means more money and finishing third in the group is a minimum expectation 

For me, he needs to win the cup and be sitting at least 5th in the league by the end of the year.  That's a reasonable expectation for an Aberdeen manager and gives us something to build on for the rest of the season.  Clear out some of the transfer mistakes and bring in a couple of good signings in Jan and we could get a good Scottish cup run and finish in one of the Euro spots.

If he loses the final and home games to the two worst teams in the league then he's never going to make it work and needs to be replaced.

I'd chuck in the County game.

4 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Six more games this year

Frankfurt (H) Euro

Rangers (N) League Cup

Livi (H) League

Dundee (A) League

Motherwell (H) League

St Mirren (H) League

12 points in the league should be achieved especially since we don’t have the Europe excuse. We have the same players who have won and drawn against the Huns this season so we must expect a result. Frankfurt is like winning potentially getting a bonus ball in the lottery. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Cup final is NOT a free hit. Huns are there for the taking. And Frankfurt is a dead rubber on paper but a hammering even to a second string of Dons would dent confidence.  Plus winning or drawing in Europe has decent financial rewards

15 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'd chuck in the County game.

Win all those games and I'll let the ginger Chinese lesbian take my hot lesbo sister away for the winter break.

Win the final and most of the league games and he can take her out for a couple of dates but no hanky panky

Anything less and he will be tarred and feathered and run out of town by a bunch of guys in drag (a.k.a. the afc chat admins)

5 minutes ago, englishred said:

Cup final is NOT a free hit. Huns are there for the taking. And Frankfurt is a dead rubber on paper but a hammering even to a second string of Dons would dent confidence.  Plus winning or drawing in Europe has decent financial rewards

I believe we can win and hope to fuck we win