Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Aberdeen

4 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

What a strange post. Nobody is crying, if the idea of people discussing the merits of 3 or 4 at the back somehow makes them in to a wannabe Pep in your eyes then it makes complete sense why you would be happy with settling for the tactical genius of Robson.

I've no interest in derailing the thread for everyone else though so I'll leave it there. 

No worries Ron

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

2-0 The Dons 15 minutes to go , killie score 2-1   Killie get a penalty in the 90 th minute, 2-2 , We get a penalty in the 92 nd minute , we miss killie get a penalty in the 95th minute they score.   3-2 defeat again. 

Robsons comment after the game .   The boys were tired. 

Heard Eddie Howe at Newcastle and Rodgers at Celtic mentioning tiredness after mid week European ties. Not one of the pundits criticised them raising that issue.

10 hours ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

That line up looks so good that you would probably do a better job as manager than dunce heid robson

Interesting to note that it has been highlighted that St Mirren has had such an impressive start to the season- which they have- they play three at the back.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

In all seriousness on a scale of 1 to 10

Where is cormack on how close Robson is to the chop,  10 being yes 1 being no?

It shouldn't,  but the fact he would be his 3rd sacked manager in such a short period of time will likely play a factor eh?

Big time, he won't want the embarrassment of having to get another replacement in so soon and is probably praying for Robson to learn from his mistakes super quick.

Problem is Barry keeps inventing new and ingenious ways to fuck things up.

Much as I eventually got sickened and fed up by Derek McInnes as Aberdeen manager it cannot be denied he built a good consistent team in his early years and is doing a similar good job at Kilmarnock just now.Derek McInnes will be keen to do well tomorrow and never mind tired , Aberdeen will be understandably shattered after Thursday night ,and Aberdeen will be doing very well to win Sunday lunchtime .An interesting match indeed tomorrow.

8 hours ago, G man said:

Interesting to note that it has been highlighted that St Mirren has had such an impressive start to the season- which they have- they play three at the back.

The issue isn't necessarily 3 at the back. It's how Robson plays it. 

St Mirren have Gogic and Baccus in their midfield who both do the same job for them that Shinnie and Ramadani done for us last season. 

Our back 3 hasn't looked as bad since we've brought in Gartenmann and now played Rubezic on the right of the 3 and we've brought in Barron to do some of the donkey work alongside Shinnie. It does mean though that we aren't getting anything out of Clarkson as he evidently doesn't suit the style hence why he's been dropped. Duks form has dropped off the edge of a cliff aswell. 

I think we need to go back to a formation that allows us to use 2 of our best players in positions and a formation that suits them best. 

33 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The issue isn't necessarily 3 at the back. It's how Robson plays it. 

St Mirren have Gogic and Baccus in their midfield who both do the same job for them that Shinnie and Ramadani done for us last season. 

Our back 3 hasn't looked as bad since we've brought in Gartenmann and now played Rubezic on the right of the 3 and we've brought in Barron to do some of the donkey work alongside Shinnie. It does mean though that we aren't getting anything out of Clarkson as he evidently doesn't suit the style hence why he's been dropped. Duks form has dropped off the edge of a cliff aswell. 

I think we need to go back to a formation that allows us to use 2 of our best players in positions and a formation that suits them best. 

Your points are well made. Things might have been different if we had managed to sign Baccus near the end of the transfer window. I was only pointing out that 3 at the back is not as alien a system as some on this forum have suggested.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, G man said:

Your points are well made. Things might have been different if we had managed to sign Baccus near the end of the transfer window. I was only pointing out that 3 at the back is not as alien a system as some on this forum have suggested.

It does certainly appear that a lot more teams are using it. Not just in Scotland but in the EPL and Europe also. Its not necessarily a bad tactic at times as has been shown at Ibrox and the performance in Frankfurt that merited something from the game.

Do I think it should be our primary tactic? No. There's not many games domestically that require 3 centre backs. It has also shown Robsons tactical naivety at times aswell especially Hibs at home going man for man at the back.

I'd prefer us to use our strengths in the forward areas more and get creative players doing what they do best. We've totally nullified Clarkson, fuck knows what's wrong with Duk. Miovski is so key to what we are doing. If he suddenly stops scoring we're up shit creek. 

45 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

It does certainly appear that a lot more teams are using it. Not just in Scotland but in the EPL and Europe also. Its not necessarily a bad tactic at times as has been shown at Ibrox and the performance in Frankfurt that merited something from the game.

Do I think it should be our primary tactic? No. There's not many games domestically that require 3 centre backs. It has also shown Robsons tactical naivety at times aswell especially Hibs at home going man for man at the back.

I'd prefer us to use our strengths in the forward areas more and get creative players doing what they do best. We've totally nullified Clarkson, fuck knows what's wrong with Duk. Miovski is so key to what we are doing. If he suddenly stops scoring we're up shit creek. 

Your points are well made. I agree re Duk ,he just seems disinterested. I hope he does not turn out to have the same attitude/ work ethic as Vinny.

6 minutes ago, keigy1983 said:

Seen ealier in this thread you can't get a walk up ticket. Is that true was planning on going today 

Yeah that's right. I was planning on going aswell as i only knew for definite yesterday afternoon that I could go. The latest you could get a ticket was by 12pm yesterday and the SLO would have taken it down. No match day sales. Bizarre. 

3 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Yeah that's right. I was planning on going aswell as i only knew for definite yesterday afternoon that I could go. The latest you could get a ticket was by 12pm yesterday and the SLO would have taken it down. No match day sales. Bizarre. 

Thats mental. To save paying some wee guy 20 quid to man the gate for an hour. Killie has always had a pay on the day option as well 

Just now, keigy1983 said:

Thats mental. To save paying some wee guy 20 quid to man the gate for an hour. Killie has always had a pay on the day option as well 

Aye. The last time I went as a last minute decision me and my old man had to buy a ticket from the ticket office at the ground. They are offering that to home fans today. No idea why they can't do it for away fans. 

12 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Aye. The last time I went as a last minute decision me and my old man had to buy a ticket from the ticket office at the ground. They are offering that to home fans today. No idea why they can't do it for away fans. 

Sent you a pm mate. I phoned them..tickets available until 11.30 from their ticket office 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I’d start with Polvara see if him and Miovski can gel. Also doubt McInnes would be expecting him to start.