Motherwell 2 - 4 Aberdeen

Just now, CCB III said:

Crazy how much better this has been. Long when needed, short when needed. 

Allowing our technical players to shine and the wing backs getting really high. 

Brilliant stuff, over the moon with this. 

Night and day from Sunday but we’ve shown this type of football in spells this season. Makes it all the more infuriating when he resorts to hoofball shite. Hopefully lessons are finally being learned…..

• Like 1
Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

This game genuinely will make no difference to my confidence at weekend. We’ve definitely looked/played better but Motherwell being truly shite has helped hugely 

It's not so much the game and more the approach, the way we've played makes me think he and the players can do it, just need to find some consistency. 

• Upvote 1

We just look so much better playing 5-4-1 than 5-3-2, particularly away from home.  Shockingly we've completed a few passes and look solid at the back!  

Can see why Well have been struggling of late, they've offered nothing so far.  

Hopefully we can keep this up in the second half - could be a huge boost for Saturday.

I do not understand anyone saying this performance is due to motherwell being shite. That being the case doesn't explain us passing the ball around instead of hoofing it. 

No for whatever reason, Robson has decided to let the players actually play football instead of lumping it up the park all the time. That is meaning we are looking good and I've said all along I have confidence in the majority of the players - I think we have a good team now - and when allowed to actually play football they have a chance against most teams we'll face.

1 minute ago, 1903Fitba said:

I’d still get Robson binned asap. 

Players can clearly play, he holds them back. 

Only way I'd be inclined to say he can stay is if he were to come out and say all the hoofball was his fault and was shite and he can see the players are comfortable playing a passing game so we'll do that from now on.

Will he say that? I very much doubt it.

Will it matter either way? Nope. If he keeps them playing this way and we win games he's not getting sacked for past performances.

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

But if this is how we can play, and it's very seldom been the approach we've adopted, I'm 100% for it. 

Enjoyed it 

Yeah.... and it'll go back to....

7 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

It’ll be route one shite at Hampden on Saturday. Robson can’t have his team playing football twice in one week

This.

5 minutes ago, G man said:

Been very impressive tonight.Credit where credit is due.

So we are capable of doing it but yet played hoof ball for most spells this season.

I give no fucking credit at all I'm afraid. Few more games and I might. 

• Upvote 3