Georgia and Norway qualifiers.

I thought Patterson did better of the two full backs in first half; at least he got forward but neither were great defensively. Second half Taylor did better than Patterson, no idea why. Neither great though but hey ho.

That one barmy pass straight to them aside, I thought Porteous did well. McKenna also so the centre backs breezed through it imo.

Christie was a non entity in midfield, Armstrong did nothing when he came on. Same with McLean. Ferguson looked a good sub. 

Dykes fits in with how Clarke wants us playing. He likes him up front to be in their face and then hold up and create space for the midfield to support. Not sure how Shankland would fit that normal way of playing but I agree, when he's in good form, it would make sense to start him in the nothing game next and see what he can do. 

We were far from our best, showed little glimpses of it but that was it. 

That team are dirty cheating bastards and the ref were weak as piss and VAR just seems crooked to me now. Hey ho.

57 minutes ago, scottymc said:

Just shows you why it was great to get things over the line before these two games. My nerves wouldn’t have been able to take it! 

I would be a corpse right now if we needed to win that match. Honestly, from now on under Clarke, we cannot let relatively diddy teams get the better of us in ANY FUCKING WAY. We're a solid outfit now, Nations League A, Pot 2, potentially a Pot 1 UEFA/FIFA side, when at full strength, we don't look like letting in a goal.

Aims:

- Quarter Finals at Euros (don't lose to England)

- Get Poland/Switzerland in Nations League

- Get 9 or 10 points in the Nations League

- Be a top seed for the World Cup qualifiers

- Get two Nations League C teams in WCQ group

- Top the group, avoid playoffs

- Be based in Florida, summer 2026

9 minutes ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

I would be a corpse right now if we needed to win that match. Honestly, from now on under Clarke, we cannot let relatively diddy teams get the better of us in ANY FUCKING WAY. We're a solid outfit now, Nations League A, Pot 2, potentially a Pot 1 UEFA/FIFA side, when at full strength, we don't look like letting in a goal.

Aims:

Nae asking for much are ye?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Aims:

It was going so well until the last aim. You've undone all the good work by hoping to be based in the dullest place in America. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It was going so well until the last aim. You've undone all the good work by hoping to be based in the dullest place in America. 

Of all the venues/bases on Turtle Island, Florida would suit Scotland best. The next 1000 days will show who's who and what's what regarding international football. Hopefully, Scotland is bubbling away at the top of the cauldron this decade...

5 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Surely last 15 minutes get on Doak for a game like this.

I know he wasn't in the squad but we need to blood young talent like him and Bowie in these games Clarke ffs.

And let's get rid of Adams.

Dykes as a sub.

How about we get rid of players when we have replaced them with better?

I agree about Doak though, he should have been in the squad already.

21 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Shanks seemed to do ok?

Wasn’t on the pitch long though was he? I think the problem for Shankland is he’s quite slow, lacks mobility and our national team can’t really afford that up front. But I’m happy if he proves me wrong.

Can't see Shankland being a starter for Scotland (other than against tinpot opposition in friendlies/dead rubbers) unless we have a wheen o' injuries but he should be ahead of Jacob fucking Brown when it comes to being chosen as the 3rd striker option. Tbf, I should be ahead of Jacob fucking Brown ana

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Can't see Shankland being a starter for Scotland (other than against tinpot opposition in friendlies/dead rubbers) unless we have a wheen o' injuries but he should be ahead of Jacob fucking Brown when it comes to being chosen as the 3rd striker option. Tbf, I should be ahead of Jacob fucking Brown ana

Shankland reminds me of Adam Rooney. A good goalscorer, but his all round game and athleticism isn't good enough to  hold down a starting place at a higher level than SPFL.

Dunno who Jacob Brown is, which is probably the point, but Shankland has done enough over the past few seasons to deserve his place as the backup striker in the squad imo.

34 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Shankland reminds me of Adam Rooney. A good goalscorer, but his all round game and athleticism isn't good enough to  hold down a starting place at a higher level than SPFL.

Dunno who Jacob Brown is, which is probably the point, but Shankland has done enough over the past few seasons to deserve his place as the backup striker in the squad imo.

True - still currently has more of a chance of getting to Germany than Haaland though 

17 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Mental shankland wasn’t in the original squad but there was a place for shite English pish like Jacob brown. 

His attitude has been top class since we binned him. Think we’ve been blessed with strikers the last 10 years and would never have needed him back, but he’s certainly proved himself 

I’ve heard him openly admit, on a few podcasts, that his attitude when he was at Aberdeen was stinking, he was taking the piss and that we were quite right to bin him.

Said he got a wake up call when he ended up unemployed, then eventually getting a part time gig at Ayr!

• Upvote 1

I know Clarke’s mantra is to have a club like set up with this squad which is why he’s sticking with the tried and tested players by and large. Hard to argue as it’s been getting results. Reminds me of Craig Brown’s tenure who stuck by the same core of players but was too slow to introduce the next generation. That led to the Vogts wilderness years where he handed out caps like sweeties because there was a severe lack of experience left to choose from.

Pleased to see Shankland get on and have an immediate impact. As the only ‘form’ striker we’ve got right now he probably should be ahead of Dykes at least. We should be using these dead rubbers to see what other options we have up front as Dykes, Brown and Adams are a poor selection (more a reflection on the dearth of talent in the SPFL, especially at youth level).