Gigs 2024

DD1903

On 2/27/2024 at 9:17 AM, cheesepipes said:

And York.

A terrible band with a horrendous fan base that are so spasticated they got taken in by a weak tune that has Stand Free shoehorned in where it don't fit.

Old Strawberry nosed casuals getting giddy like they're seeing The Osmonds for the first time.

Awful.

GBN

14 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Nah you’re right,Dave. All the lads in Pearl Jam decide how much each individual seat costs at every venue they play. The Stones, Bono and the lads, Metallica etc.., all experts in marketing,promotion etc..,

In fact I remember seeing Elton John standing on Union St in Aberdeen handing out flyers for his last appearance up there.

Sma boring.

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

It’s not. They get booked to play the venue. 

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

They don’t set the prices. 

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Bloody hell. 

30 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Nah you’re right,Dave. All the lads in Pearl Jam decide how much each individual seat costs at every venue they play. The Stones, Bono and the lads, Metallica etc.., all experts in marketing,promotion etc..,

In fact I remember seeing Elton John standing on Union St in Aberdeen handing out flyers for his last appearance up there.

8 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

You’re a naive,ignorant dildo on this matter and I hope you now realise this. 

@manboobs109 Just in case you've blocked him again. Don't want you missing out.

Dino Jr was great last night - a rare venture down the front for yer man to observe JM’s axe work. A loud loud gig.

This band supported ^^^ - fast and furious garage rock. They were brilliant, total energy, some early Dr Feelgood RnR. Makes yi want to drink hard n fast (if you don’t already l)

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

It was. Don’t know where you are going with this but you’re out of your depth as usual.

Lol you said it was "nothing to do with the band" when obviously the amount they demand to play the gig will affect the ticket prices. 

I get what you are saying, they don't set the exact price point, but saying the gig prices are "nothing to do with them" is simply wrong.

I guess you will try one of your uber pedantic arguments so I'll just leave things here to avoid boring everyone.

• Thanks 1
On 2/29/2024 at 9:47 AM, manboobs109 said:

Lol you said it was "nothing to do with the band" when obviously the amount they demand to play the gig will affect the ticket prices. 

I get what you are saying, they don't set the exact price point, but saying the gig prices are "nothing to do with them" is simply wrong.

I guess you will try one of your uber pedantic arguments so I'll just leave things here to avoid boring everyone.

Reminded me of this article. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64975160.amp

conclusion: R Smith good guy. Ticketmaster not. 

On 2/24/2024 at 8:36 PM, Simply Red said:

Drugs are essential for a war on drugs gig. 

Drugs enhancing a musical experience is not a new thing!!!!

When did you last see them live?

Im late to this party, got into them 3 years ago and saw them live for the first time 2 years ago.

Later that year saw them again in a small venue in the US and they were amazing, such a dynamic sound live and progressive build-up from their album recordings.

1 hour ago, CraigHill said:

Drugs enhancing a musical experience is not a new thing!!!!

When did you last see them live?

Im late to this party, got into them 3 years ago and saw them live for the first time 2 years ago.

Later that year saw them again in a small venue in the US and they were amazing, such a dynamic sound live and progressive build-up from their album recordings.

Saw then in Glasgow abc before it burned down whenever Lost in a dream came out. Years ago.

Average. 

Kurt Vile solo was decent.