Gigs 2024

DD1903

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Was keen for this too, but both WA dates are when I’m at work!

On the plus side, just booked a trip to the big smoke for a Chemical Bros and Fleet foxes double header…

Got tix to the Rosemount for The Smyths, they were excellent last year. It’s mental that a tribute band can tour here twice in two years - must be making some wonga to do that 

3 hours ago, Simply Red said:

You work on the rigs or the mines sotr?

the former

3 hours ago, Poodler said:

Got tix to the Rosemount for The Smyths, they were excellent last year. It’s mental that a tribute band can tour here twice in two years - must be making some wonga to do that 

They've been out a fair few times over the years... I always seem to miss them!  Missed the last one too!  The lack of touring acts around these parts definitely boosts the tribute act business.  I'm sure you've probably seen (or even attended) one of the many tribute band festivals out here.  Over 10 years ago, when the AUD was parity with the USD, those festivals had the real McCoy! 

6 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

@Poodler should start a tribute Dylan act 

Make a bloody fortune (and get free drinks) 

Have thought it a few times but how can you replicate god? People would want to hear the original versions of Mr Tambourine Man or fucking Hurricane (he left songs off that album that are better than that nonsense) when the reality is, the live versions are better. 

The man who has written some of the greatest songs ever written and changes them up every tour, unrecognisable to the casual listener but dynamite to the disciples. Some songs have 100 different versions from reggae to punk. You can’t replicate that. 

would just be a pain in the arse tbh.

13 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

the former

They've been out a fair few times over the years... I always seem to miss them!  Missed the last one too!  The lack of touring acts around these parts definitely boosts the tribute act business.  I'm sure you've probably seen (or even attended) one of the many tribute band festivals out here.  Over 10 years ago, when the AUD was parity with the USD, those festivals had the real McCoy! 

IMG-8129.jpg

a tiny part of me wanted to go to watch the Clash band but I don’t think I could stomach that crowd - bunch of limey bastards. Brits abroad stuff. And as if the clash are further down the bill than the rest of that! Turgid

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

IMG-8129.jpg

a tiny part of me wanted to go to watch the Clash band but I don’t think I could stomach that crowd - bunch of limey bastards. Brits abroad stuff. And as if the clash are further down the bill than the rest of that! Turgid

😄What a strange place Oz must be, a barren desert inhabited by tribute acts and noisy dullards.

12 hours ago, Poodler said:

IMG-8129.jpg

I would just go.  The crowd won't be that bad down Freo ways... I saw Liam Gallagher a few years ago down there (don't judge me, I like going to see most live music where the opportunity presents here! ) and the crowd were fine. 

On 1/9/2024 at 7:30 AM, Poodler said:

It’s closed pal, gotta head to the Queen Vic for a decent pint up that end these days.

• Haha 1
On 1/9/2024 at 8:30 AM, Poodler said:

presume the australian pink floyd & the australian doors made their reputation/money just from down under.

must be like being that brentalike tim oliver

On 1/2/2024 at 3:22 AM, RAZOR said:

Got tickets for a Rush tribute band coming to Aberdeen mid Jan.

One of my favourite bands. Sadly will never get the real thing :(

Well as far as tribute bands go I thought they were excellent. Decent venue at the Lemon Tree.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Booked the usual hotel when visiting Barcelona - between Baceloneta/Gothic Quarter 

Taxi to venue and usually get one on the way back into town or shuttle bus 

Never camped at a festival in Spain, not sure if there is camping at this one 

👌sounds good. 

Camping in that heat would be tough going. Hotel and a wee bit of comfort sounds wise. 

2 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

Good on you for getting pixies tickets. I missed out last fri despite being on Ticketmaster at 10:00 on the button. 
Will hopefully get resale ones nearer the time. 

My mate had presale access thankfully