Scottish Cup - 2023/24

14 hours ago, madjockmcferson said:

the lack of sunlight on this is staggering really. Hearts get 50% cos the club bought the tickets but no indication thats actually a new rule...it just kinda happened. its just weird. they are averaging 1300 more than us per home game, so is it about that? what if it was 1000 more, 500 more? does that count. what are the criteria?

I don’t think anyone has had the balls to raise it before. I think Aberdeen proposal was we wanted half but to sell section by section. Whereas hearts agreed to buy 50% up front and sfa felt it was doable. Based on our sales it would have been a catastrophic error had we got involved.

20 hours ago, RUL said:

I don’t think anyone has had the balls to raise it before. I think Aberdeen proposal was we wanted half but to sell section by section. Whereas hearts agreed to buy 50% up front and sfa felt it was doable. Based on our sales it would have been a catastrophic error had we got involved.

Nothing to stop the club buying half & then selling section by section to don’s fans then if fail to sell all, then sell last section/s to opposition 

Just now, Willo flood said:

6500 tickets sold for the final. Embarrassing to say the least 

It’s 3 weeks away 😂
Honestly, see these fucking wankstains on Twitter who measure their lives importance against AFC ticket sales, they need to get a life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

It’s 3 weeks away 😂
Honestly, see these fucking wankstains on Twitter who measure their lives importance against AFC ticket sales, they need to get a life.

I would normally agree Duth needs to get a life. But those figures are still dreadful, even if it is 3 weeks away. 

7 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

That's how many made the trip for the 2000 semi final v Hibs. Can't say the number of fans there made it any less enjoyable.

1 minute ago, Willo flood said:

Embarrassing how? 

1) We have been utter pish this season

2) Don’t have a Manager

3) our results at hampden aren’t great. 12 played in 10 years. 8 losses and 4 wins. The 4 wins being against Morton, Huns in 2018 and twice against hibs. 

4) Add to the above, we have played Celtic 5 times in the last 10 years at Hampden. 0 wins and a combined Agg of 11-1. 

5) Semis shouldn’t be at Hampden. The ‘neutral’ venue (i say that lightly), should be finals only. 

6) Kick off time puts folk off. 

7) Money. Dons fans have followed to a Semi, Final, Home and Away, plus large supports in Frankfurt and Helsinki. It’s not cheap for families. £40 for a game of fitba is fucking mental in Scotland. Maybe at a stretch for the final. Add to that train/fuel, drink/food, it’s nuts. For individuals, not so bad, but a family of 4 potentially being £200 for a day out at the fitba? Nuts!! 

They will sell more as the semi final approaches, but i’m not surprised, nor would i bash anyone for opting out. It’s been a draining season both at home and on the road. 

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We might eek up to 10k which given all the circumstances isn’t that bad.

Once Jimmy Thelin is announced tomorrow, there will be a mad rush 😉

Aye, can see there being a rush when the new manager is appointed. Unless it’s someone like Lennon, then folk will be giving away their tickets for free

• Haha 1

No way I'm going down to hampden again.

Couldn't be arsed going to the league cup final but made an effort only to see that shit show of a performance. 

Need to see a change of tune from the club before I raid the tin under the bed again.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Sheepskin_1903 said:

Embarrassing how? 

1) We have been utter pish this season

2) Don’t have a Manager

3) our results at hampden aren’t great. 12 played in 10 years. 8 losses and 4 wins. The 4 wins being against Morton, Huns in 2018 and twice against hibs. 

4) Add to the above, we have played Celtic 5 times in the last 10 years at Hampden. 0 wins and a combined Agg of 11-1. 

5) Semis shouldn’t be at Hampden. The ‘neutral’ venue (i say that lightly), should be finals only. 

6) Kick off time puts folk off. 

7) Money. Dons fans have followed to a Semi, Final, Home and Away, plus large supports in Frankfurt and Helsinki. It’s not cheap for families. £40 for a game of fitba is fucking mental in Scotland. Maybe at a stretch for the final. Add to that train/fuel, drink/food, it’s nuts. For individuals, not so bad, but a family of 4 potentially being £200 for a day out at the fitba? Nuts!! 

They will sell more as the semi final approaches, but i’m not surprised, nor would i bash anyone for opting out. It’s been a draining season both at home and on the road. 

Where on earth would you suggest we play the semi if it's not Hampden? 

Lots made about the travelling support for games like this. 

I see it like so; 

We haven't beaten Celtic at Hampden since the last time we won the Scottish Cup, 34 years ago. 

We've beaten Celtic 3 times in Glasgow in 16 years. 

We've played them at Hampden near enough 10/11/12 times (cba doing the math) in the last 12 years and not once have we even managed to take them to extra time or penalties, like Hearts managed in the 2020 cup final. 

There categorically has not been a club with more trips to Hampden in the last 25 years, and so, so little to show for it. We have a terrible record when it counts at that stadium. We've all made the countless trips in hope and sometimes expectation, only to trudge back up the road after an absolute doing or a late heartbreak. 

Add in the fact it's a 12:30 KO in Glasgow, against a team that will undoubtedly have a huge home advantage, I can see why people aren't arsed about going to this one. 

The fans that are going are the fucking lunatics, IMO. I'm one of the lunatics. 

I do agree though, that the wet wipes crying their eyes out about the cup final in December who are probably not buying tickets for this can fuck all the way off. 

But yeah, since 2016 and the Rangers coming back to the top flight, out of a possible 21 domestic trophies, 19 have been secured by the two Glasgow clubs. 

It's not really a competition in Scotland. But, you'll have an entire sports media tell us it's magic to have a title race and old firm cup finals etc. 

The fans of the 40 other clubs shouldn't indulge if they don't want to. Like I say, the lunatics that do, myself included, are doing it against all logical inclination. 

It's also always better with a small band of fans there. See Rangers semi final LC 2018. 

19 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We might eek up to 10k which given all the circumstances isn’t that bad.

Once Jimmy Thelin is announced tomorrow, there will be a mad rush 😉

I see he drew his first game at home 2-2 

I'd also like to add that we've been utter ding this season and people are understandably fed up spending their time and money on this underperforming squad. 

We also don't have Graeme Shinnie. 

I'd have us about 500/1 odds TBQH.

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I see it like so; 

We haven't beaten Celtic at Hampden since the last time we won the Scottish Cup, 34 years ago. 

We've played them at Hampden near enough 10/11/12 times (cba doing the math) in the last 12 years and not once have we even managed to take them to extra time or penalties, like Hearts managed in the 2020 cup final. 

There categorically has not been a club with more trips to Hampden in the last 25 years, and so, so little to show for it. We have a terrible record when it counts at that stadium. We've all made the countless trips in hope and sometimes expectation, only to trudge back up the road after an absolute doing or a late heartbreak. 

Add in the fact it's a 12:30 KO in Glasgow, against a team that will undoubtedly have a huge home advantage, I can see why people aren't arsed about going to this one. 

I do agree though, that the wet wipes crying their eyes out about the cup final in December who are probably not buying tickets for this can fuck all the way off. 

But yeah, since 2016 and the Rangers coming back to the top flight, out of a possible 21 domestic trophies, 19 have been secured by the two Glasgow clubs. 

It's not really a competition in Scotland. But, you'll have an entire sports media tell us it's magic to have a title race and old firm cup finals etc. 

The fans of the 40 other clubs shouldn't indulge if they don't want to. Like I say, the lunatics that do, myself included, are doing it against all logical inclination. 

It's also always better with a small band of fans there. See Rangers semi final LC 2018. 

I have refused to give the SFA a penny since 2012, when they refused to deal with “Rangers”

EBT’s, not stripping titles, letting them play in Division 3 when they had no audited accounts as per the rules, etc etc. 

So, I’m out

I’ll not knock anyone for not going. 

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I see it like so; 

NRT

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Good post. But someone's going to pull you up on this, so it may as well be me.

If we sell 10k we'll be doing well we have all seen this film many times before we all know we aren't beating Celtic at Hampden we never do. I think the last time we beat them there was 1992. Viaplay and the BBC got their perfect semi-final draw we always shit the bed at Hampden against Celtic and Hearts have never beaten old or new Rangers at Hampden in their 150 year history. 

The broadcasters will get the final they are all craving.

4 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Good post. But someone's going to pull you up on this, so it may as well be me.

The most boring craic on the go.

They are, in effect, the same club. They shouldn't be, but they operate and are accepted by the people who matter as the same entity. What we think about it doesn't matter. 

It's tedious to nitpick about it TBQH. 

• Dildo 2
18 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Not true we beat them at Hampden in the 92/93 League Cup semi-final. Remember this guy who scored the winner?

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

The most boring craic on the go.

They are, in effect, the same club. They shouldn't be, but they operate and are accepted by the people who matter as the same entity. What we think about it doesn't matter. 

It's tedious to nitpick about it TBQH. 

spacer.png

it might be tedious, but you should never ever tire of reminding the hun cunts. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11
9 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

If we sell 10k we'll be doing well we have all seen this film many times before we all know we aren't beating Celtic at Hampden we never do. I think the last time we beat them there was 1992. Viaplay and the BBC got their perfect semi-final draw we always shit the bed at Hampden against Celtic and Hearts have never beaten old or new Rangers at Hampden in their 150 year history. 

The broadcasters will get the final they are all craving.

Where did Hearts beat Huns in the 97/98 final?