Scottish Cup - 2023/24

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Honestly can’t be fucked with this next week 

Never been less enthused about a semi final 

Agreed I've got zero enthusiasm for the game next week we're just making up the numbers this current AFC side is utter tripe. We haven't beaten Celtic at Hampden since 1992 and that certainly isn't changing next week. Celtic will swarm all over us just like they always do and as per usual we'll fold.

It'll be 0-3 minimum. I'll go 0-4.

3 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Agreed I've got zero enthusiasm for the game next week we're just making up the numbers this current AFC side is utter tripe. We haven't beaten Celtic at Hampden since 1992 and that certainly isn't changing next week. Celtic will swarm all over us just like they always do and as per usual we'll fold.

And what about the second half?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Aye, Celtic -3 is 9/1 on Paddy Power I think. 
Like you, I fancy 4-0.

Could be a really sore & embarrassing one. 

Tims, Maeda aside, at full strength too.

Our midfield will get over ran & schooled.

Might be an idea to try the 5-4-1 “European formation”? 
I cannot see Leven being brave enough & instructing them to go toe to toe with them & get in their faces in what will effectively be an away match. 

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Like you, I fancy 4-0.

I cannot see Leven being brave enough & instructing them to go toe to toe with them & get in their faces in what will effectively be an away match. 

The tiniest glimmer of hope I can muster is that we managed a draw against them during Leven’s first caretaker stint. 
Fully expecting our usual Hampden showing against Celtic of rolling over and having our bellies tickled. 
He more than likely will go with a 5-4-1, so Miovski better get his rest in this week cos there’s gonna be a lot of lost causes to chase.   

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Like you, I fancy 4-0.

Yeah I was thinking the European formation might be the way to go but we've tried many different formations against Celtic in the past and nothing seems to work we always shit the bed against them.

Celtic have zero fear of Aberdeen they'd be considerably more worried if they were facing Killie, Hibs, Motherwell, Hearts or St Mirren at Hampden next week but they know they can roll us over without too much fuss. It's a depressing state of affairs and a damning indictment of where we currently are. 

1 minute ago, Shinniesta said:

Yeah I was thinking the European formation might be the way to go but we've tried many different formations against Celtic in the past and nothing seems to work we always shit the bed against them

Aye, did we not deploy the European formation in the 6-0 game.

19 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Like you, I fancy 4-0.

Yes, going toe to toe and getting in their faces will be the difference here, not the massive gulf in quality of players.

15 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

I can't remember I try to forget that day just like I try to forget most games against them. It's like I said no matter what formation we try against them they still virtually always pump us. They are far superior so they will win regardless of what formation we go with the players we have clearly don't believe they can beat them. 

22 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Yeah I was thinking the European formation might be the way to go but we've tried many different formations against Celtic in the past and nothing seems to work we always shit the bed against them.

Celtic have zero fear of Aberdeen they'd be considerably more worried if they were facing Killie, Hibs, Motherwell, Hearts or St Mirren at Hampden next week but they know they can roll us over without too much fuss. It's a depressing state of affairs and a damning indictment of where we currently are. 

Aye, I agree.

I doubt it’ll make any difference what we do.

20 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Yes, going toe to toe and getting in their faces will be the difference here, not the massive gulf in quality of players.

The only chance we will have of winning is if we do that. 

Sitting in against Celtic at Hampden hasn’t worked  against in the last 10 years and it’s not going to start working now

48 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Only one man to blame for that....

54 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Yes, but we’d ’been all over Europe’ at that juncture and were tired. That humping was a one off. It’s not like that sort of humiliating , soul destroying defeat happens regularly against them..

8 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Yes, but we’d ’been all over Europe’ at that juncture and were tired. That humping was a one off. It’s not like that sort of humiliating , soul destroying defeat happens regularly against them..

Hopefully the team have finally recovered from the one hour flight to Gothenburg by next week 

I actually think we'll put up a decent performance for over 80 minutes, holding them to 0-0.

Then just as it looks like we might take them to extra time (or even snatch a winner in normal time), 2 very late goals for them will make the result look more like it usually does against Timothy.