Scottish Cup - 2023/24

12 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Devlin saved us on Saturday with that goal line stop at 1-0. 

He's a 7 out of 10 every game. To say he's went missing of late is ridiculous. 

Had a nuke at Ibrox. 

McGrath been anonymous. 

Just an opinion 

5 hours ago, Dom Sullivan said:

What is this pish in the Daily Hun/Scottish “Gossip” about?

Aberdeen's Scottish Cup quarter-final clash with Kilmarnock will be given added spice by their involvement in the notorious 'Battle of Bramall Lame' match from 2002. (Daily Record)

where is Bramall Lame?

Playing on the right wing wearing the number 12 shirt for Sheffield United that day, Laurent D'Jaffo.

23 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

I'm not as pessimistic about our Quarter Final draw.

It's at home against a Killie side that haven't travelled well for the last couple of seasons. The media are talking them up as having a good season but still only 2 victories on the road, albeit including a last minute winner against us when Barry was at the helm.

Warnock will want to take us to Hampden for at least a semi-final so would be very hopeful that home advantage will count, especially if Bojan is still on fire.

As an aside Easter Road will not be an easy match for the Huns and Morton will make it very difficult for Hearts.

The Tims getting a home tie against desperate Livvy appears the only banker from the QF draw.

We can but dream that we get through with Hibernian and Morton and then avoid the Tims in the semis.

Colin leading us out in the final is still on.

The draw could've been much, much worse. 

I agree with every word you've said, but...

I'd have like either Celtic or The Rangers to have had to go to Rugby Park and the other Tynecastle (that's a no lose tie this season). The way the draw is, only huns at Easter Road looks possible to clear the path for us.

Livvi or Morton at home would have been ideal.

Still, I don't think we should fear Killie, it's a decent chance at a Semi, but they'll be thinking the same.

Out of the most likely semis (assuming that includes us) I think I'd prefer Celtic - let Hearts see off the Huns, then Shankland to have a (obviously massive) skull fracture, ruling him put for the final and opening the door for Miovski to seal top scorer.

10 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Cant remember which thread the post on confirming the what-ifs.  If we come 4th,  If we win the cup etc

What if all the 13 hells of Beelzebub somehow aligned and the huns won the conference league, like West Ham did?  Would that give both the cheeks access to the CL gold pot?  And does it have any knock on effects further down? 

Huns aren’t in the conference league 

7 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Out of the 14 potential draws Killi at home is (imo) the 3rd best we could have got. 

Hopefully it's a decent day/ko time. Is Friday night a possible BBC slot? I presume the bigots will be on Viaplay. 

Viaplays contract is originally with the bigots unless they are out so aye they will be.

Which leaves the bbc slot for us or morton hearts. I think we will be 3pm Saturday as the game not selected for TV.

13 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Viaplays contract is originally with the bigots unless they are out so aye they will be.

Which leaves the bbc slot for us or morton hearts. I think we will be 3pm Saturday as the game not selected for TV.

What is the theory given BBC normally always take up their games and they can pick up to two?

25 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Out of the 14 potential draws Killi at home is (imo) the 3rd best we could have got. 

Hopefully it's a decent day/ko time. Is Friday night a possible BBC slot? I presume the bigots will be on Viaplay. 

Friday night is a stick on for one of the two bbc picks. There is not an obvious home for the second one. They've used Sat lunch, Sun tea time and Monday night this season

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Shame. It’s a good fixture for a quarter final actually. A big crowd and 3pm Saturday would be tremendous. Sure killie will take a big crowd for a cup game since they are going well. Depends on kick off day and time 

I'd say accepting tv but getting an evening ko is best outcome. Pumped up crowd

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Shame. It’s a good fixture for a quarter final actually. A big crowd and 3pm Saturday would be tremendous. Sure killie will take a big crowd for a cup game since they are going well. Depends on kick off day and time 

That’s the McInnes effect.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Cant remember which thread the post on confirming the what-ifs.  If we come 4th,  If we win the cup etc

What if all the 13 hells of Beelzebub somehow aligned and the huns won the conference league, like West Ham did?  Would that give both the cheeks access to the CL gold pot?  And does it have any knock on effects further down? 

It was my post in the New Manager thread...

Now take this with a large pinch of salt as I'm definitely not 100% sure...

It's actually the Europa League that the the huns are in but...

If huns win EL & SPL they would qualify for CL-GS as SPL Champions and the EL Winner CL-GS place would go to the club with highest 5yr club ranking among all CL qualifiers who would ordinarily the qualifying rounds.

Where it gets unclear is if huns win EL and come 2nd in SPL. They'd join Celtic in CL-GS by virtue of being EL Winners. That would leave our 2nd in league spot with it's prize of CL-Q3nc and Guaranteed EL Group Stage qualification up for grabs. My understanding is that would then go to our cup winner/3rd in league.

38 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

It was my post in the New Manager thread...

Now take this with a large pinch of salt as I'm definitely not 100% sure...

It's actually the Europa League that the the huns are in but...

If huns win EL & SPL they would qualify for CL-GS as SPL Champions and the EL Winner CL-GS place would go to the club with highest 5yr club ranking among all CL qualifiers who would ordinarily the qualifying rounds.

Where it gets unclear is if huns win EL and come 2nd in SPL. They'd join Celtic in CL-GS by virtue of being EL Winners. That would leave our 2nd in league spot with it's prize of CL-Q3nc and Guaranteed EL Group Stage qualification up for grabs. My understanding is that would then go to our cup winner/3rd in league.

Unless we get a top class manager ,who knows the players he wants and not Cormack and his merry men, then forget any mention of Europe . 9 th in the table 6 points away from 11 spot is as far away from Europe as the earth to the moon.